38 tg step or not >

38 tg step or not

Notices

38 tg step or not

Old 07-10-2014, 07:18 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
Whoe!! a 5000EFI`s !? you must have meant 740mph.
500's sorry. Lol
Old 07-10-2014, 09:24 AM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

Speed gains of a step but te handle and safe ride as a straight get a step apache, ask Jamie about it
Old 07-10-2014, 09:33 AM
Registered

Received 593 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by Sick Stinger
Speed gains of a step but te handle and safe ride as a straight get a step apache, ask Jamie about it
The chiefs appear to have less aggressive steps that were obviously added to the old straight mold. I don't think they're as fast as other step boats, but if they handle well it could be a good compromise. Note: I'm an arm chair QB.
Old 07-10-2014, 11:13 AM
Registered

Received 700 Likes on 342 Posts

Stripped Kevlar f2 boat runs over 90 with 560 hp. But back on topic, a t/s gun with a cabin to sleep in will be hard to find.
Old 07-10-2014, 02:27 PM
Registered

Received 747 Likes on 338 Posts

Originally Posted by lil red
I think the trs boats actually do it a bit more. Just my opinion
I thought the TRS hulls had a better center of gravity and didn't porpoise and the Bravo hulls were more aft CG and did porpoise ?
ed
Old 07-10-2014, 02:46 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Interceptor
I thought the TRS hulls had a better center of gravity and didn't porpoise and the Bravo hulls were more aft CG and did porpoise ?
ed
The TRS drives/trans are definitely heavier than a bravo drive system. Even though the engines are moved forward slightly, I would think they are still heavier in the stern and more likely to porpoise. I've been in multiple TG's, with both drive systems... they both hop like a bucking bronco in smooth water (without tab), although the TRS boat's are probably slightly worse in this regard.
Old 07-10-2014, 03:22 PM
Registered

Received 3,258 Likes on 1,054 Posts

Top guns (non TS) CG was designed for transmissions and motors forward. When everything went to bravo they didn't change the CG of the boat to accommodate. Bravo guns porpoise a bit more because of this. Although, like stated above, they all porpoise if not run properly. It is what it is. And an interesting fact the cabins in the TS guns were lightened up (changed from the awesome cabins of the 90's) to accommodate CG. they were too heavy in the bow with a full cabin thus, the cover girl was born.

Back on topic, in my experience (having driven and ridden in plenty of TS guns in big water and calm water alike and having owned a straight gun) there is no significant ride difference in big water between the straight bottom and TS guns. The TS is a better hull, period.

Last edited by thisistank; 07-10-2014 at 03:43 PM.
Old 07-10-2014, 08:33 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

and how is this trait considered acceptable when arguing for cigarettes as the best boats?, seems to me that porpoising and cheating on interior to mask it never gets mentioned in the fountain versus cig conversation by cig owners
Originally Posted by SS930
The TRS drives/trans are definitely heavier than a bravo drive system. Even though the engines are moved forward slightly, I would think they are still heavier in the stern and more likely to porpoise. I've been in multiple TG's, with both drive systems... they both hop like a bucking bronco in smooth water (without tab), although the TRS boat's are probably slightly worse in this regard.
Old 07-10-2014, 08:52 PM
never trade luck for skil
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rode in Blee's 3 weeks ago and man what a great boat! Been in primal instinct (straight bottom, 6s and 950s) and in rough water there is no cig that will run stronger other then staggered #6 cigs. Just my opinion.
Old 07-10-2014, 08:56 PM
Registered

Received 161 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by stimleck
and how is this trait considered acceptable when arguing for cigarettes as the best boats?, seems to me that porpoising and cheating on interior to mask it never gets mentioned in the fountain versus cig conversation by cig owners
They're not made for flat water

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.