38 tg step or not >

38 tg step or not

Notices

38 tg step or not

Old 07-10-2014, 10:36 PM
Registered

Received 3,219 Likes on 1,044 Posts

Originally Posted by stimleck
and how is this trait considered acceptable when arguing for cigarettes as the best boats?, seems to me that porpoising and cheating on interior to mask it never gets mentioned in the fountain versus cig conversation by cig owners
What conversation? Cigarettes still building boats. Literally enough said.
Old 07-10-2014, 11:44 PM
Registered

Received 4,567 Likes on 1,315 Posts

Originally Posted by jbraun2828
They're not made for flat water

Mine feels like a school bus in flat water, put it offshore in some good water (what they were designed for) and its like getting off that bus and getting behind the wheel of a Ferrari.
A small craft advisory and my kids don`t wanna go back in because they think its a roller coaster ride .
Old 07-11-2014, 05:43 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Technology has come a long way since the 70's and 80's hull designs. The Flat Deck, Straight Bottom Guns, werent exactly state of the art bottom designs. They were heavy resin buckets. Porpoising, listing, ride attitude, etc have all been improved. Not just a Cig thing. My 1990 38 Fountain is a turd compared to a 2008 38 Fountain. If I put my gas guzzler blower engines in a 2008 38 Fountain, I'd be going probably 25mph faster than I am now. Nostalgia is one of the biggest blindfolds in life, next to a vagina. Twin step gets my vote if you can swing it.
Old 07-11-2014, 05:53 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
Technology has come a long way since the 70's and 80's hull designs. The Flat Deck, Straight Bottom Guns, werent exactly state of the art bottom designs. They were heavy resin buckets. Porpoising, listing, ride attitude, etc have all been improved. Not just a Cig thing. My 1990 38 Fountain is a turd compared to a 2008 38 Fountain. If I put my gas guzzler blower engines in a 2008 38 Fountain, I'd be going probably 25mph faster than I am now. Nostalgia is one of the biggest blindfolds in life, next to a vagina. Twin step gets my vote if you can swing it.
i think you nailed it preety good!!!!!!!!
Old 07-11-2014, 06:40 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Twin step. Hands down.
Old 07-11-2014, 07:57 AM
Registered

Received 463 Likes on 211 Posts

OK, so now I am interested. Who has experience with a full cabin T/S. What about full cabin T/S with Bravo/525 vs. big drives/power? Was the cabin removed to balance with a lighter bravo setup, more efficient? How would a big drive, full cabin 38 T/S run??? Like Hot for Teacher with a cabin for us Nordics up here....

Are we splitting hairs? At that point do we start looking at Black Thunders...
Old 07-11-2014, 08:18 AM
Registered

Received 298 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by frickstyle
OK, so now I am interested. Who has experience with a full cabin T/S. What about full cabin T/S with Bravo/525 vs. big drives/power? Was the cabin removed to balance with a lighter bravo setup, more efficient? How would a big drive, full cabin 38 T/S run??? Like Hot for Teacher with a cabin for us Nordics up here....

I think at some point you have to look at other brands and totally take the brand loyalty out of the equation when checking out what other companies have to offer. With Cigs TS design being 14 years old now, there are other companies out there building boats that will run with or outrun a Cig and still have very nice cabin:

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o55188-en.html

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o57798-en.html
Old 07-11-2014, 08:24 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 302Sport
I think at some point you have to look at other brands and totally take the brand loyalty out of the equation when checking out what other companies have to offer. With Cigs TS design being 14 years old now, there are other companies out there building boats that will run with or outrun a Cig and still have very nice cabin:

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o55188-en.html

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o57798-en.html
Totally agree with you there. I dream of an Outerlimits. Maybe if I liked to live in one, and not eat or drink, and ran around naked, then, maybe then, I could have one. Big coin.
Old 07-11-2014, 08:36 AM
Registered

Received 4,567 Likes on 1,315 Posts

Originally Posted by frickstyle

I think you and I are in the same boat (pun intended) by the time we get done with our boats ($$$) we could have been in a much newer twin step something.
Old 07-11-2014, 08:51 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
I think you and I are in the same boat (pun intended) by the time we get done with our boats ($$$) we could have been in a much newer twin step something.
Yep, or Nortech, Outerlimits, T/S, Tiger, etc. It got quite out of hand, and I'm not even close to in the water. this has been nothing short of a nightmare.

Next time = "buy boat with keys that when you turn makes noises".

I'll never learn......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.