Model difference >

Model difference

Notices

Model difference

Old 08-12-2014, 08:15 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Model difference

Gents would you be kind enough to outline the key differences between the various models of Cigs?
I love looking at them but cant really understand the difference between a top gun, a cafe, a bullet, a TG etc

thanks in advance
Old 08-12-2014, 08:37 PM
Registered

Received 160 Likes on 72 Posts

The difference is size. Bullet is 31, cafe 35, tg 38. They haven't made the bullet or cafe since the early 90's. They also make a 42x, 46 rider, 50 maurader and a chit load of fishing boats
Old 08-12-2014, 08:50 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 801 Likes on 369 Posts

I posted this once on "another" forum describing the difference between the Cafe and Top Gun. Here's the thread with the pictures I describe below http://seriousoffshore.com/forums/sh...highlight=cafe

I believe Most TG's are notched transoms. NO cafe's are. (BLee corrected me here and there are one or two EARLY Cafe's with notched transoms)

The Cafe dash console and left console are different. The deck where it meets the firewall on Cafe's is not straight across, but rather angled giving it a really nice look (better than the TG's in my opinion). The TG deck is flat with a railing down the middle, the Cafe deck has a recessed area in it with non-skid that is nice to walk down at night after the dew starts falling and the drinks start flowing - I credit this to keeping me out of the water on many occasions.

In the cabin the Cafe has a separate couch that does not flow into the V-berth whereas the Top gun couch flows into the V-berth (I am talking about the 1990+ style cabins here)

As far as ride - in all my research I never found anyone that could say there was a significant difference in the two.

The TG obviously has a couple hundred pounds on the Cafe, but not enough that it materially affects performance I don't believe. In fact some say the TG is faster with like for like power.

Believe the Cafe bottom is from the Mistress mold.... (Mistress is the 35 footer built prior to 1986 when the new Cafes/TG's were launched.

Don't expect to see much difference in size in either the cockpit, or the cabin, or the engine room because you won't IMO.

They made 110 some Cafe's I believe, and obviously hundreds upon hundreds of Gun's.....

The first picture is a GUN cabin and you can see the couch run into the V-berth.

The second picture is a Cafe Cabin and you can see the couch does NOT. In the picture the back of the couch folds down to extend the V-berth and that is what those "square" looking coushins are.

The last picture you can see where the wind deflector is that the deck slopes down and off and REALLY is a nice look whereas on the TG it would just be straight across.

Hope that helps...