Registered

Received 4,567 Likes on 1,315 Posts
Hello Rooster

Its nice to see you again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWh_ZKb_w10
Old 09-08-2014, 02:40 PM
Registered

Received 463 Likes on 211 Posts

Sweet! How fast at the end, looks like you are "gettin' it".
Old 09-08-2014, 02:49 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

very nice
Old 09-08-2014, 03:13 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rooster tail = putting in work

Cool vid!

x 2 on how fast, it looks like it was rollin out pretty good
Old 09-08-2014, 03:21 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So is this turning in or out??? You keep going back and forth. And which do you prefer? I was thinking about swapping but since you've already experimented......
Old 09-08-2014, 03:55 PM
Registered

Ok so heres my experiences now without spacers and even with the bottom and boxes with 2 weekends of running the boat turning OUT

Turning IN , rooster is all confused (water gets thrown in every direction) and kinda small. IN gets some good bow lift but it burries the stern to get there which in good water will get you the best speed IMOP. In Flat water you have to trim to the moon for speed. Backing up kinda sucks not horrible but if you get any wind or current then it really is useless backing up.

Turning OUT, you maybe need another 200 or so to plane the same, gets the stern out of the water and the boat seems to fly straighter, the boat feels more lively to me, Rooster is bad ass. slip goes sky high with too much trim, since the stern is higher out of the water and the props aren`t burried in the water it revs faster. backing up is back to normal.

Ive had it to 84mph on dead flat water, humid day turning IN but it took some trim to get there. I thought turning OUT would require the same trim level but it doesn`t, makes a huge rooster but the slip is way high thats why this weekend huge rooster but only 81mph@ 6, 000rpm.

Only when seeing the pic did that make sense, all my horsepower is being used to throw water in the air

Next time out bring up trim slowly and find that sweet spot instead of going to 8 and hitting the throttles.
Old 09-08-2014, 04:03 PM
Registered

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZPmhBDbkgE This weekend with the sweet sounds of Mild Thunder at the end.

I couldn`t stay in it port motor kept running out of fuel pressure.. next thing I gotta figure out ...still on the hunt for that 90mph Flat Deck
Old 09-08-2014, 04:05 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,248 Likes on 541 Posts

If you check out how the pros get their top speed in kilo & shootout contests, they actually slightly OVER trim to get the RPMs up, and then bring the props back down to get the bite back. Try this technique and you may see a few more ticks.
Old 09-08-2014, 04:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
Ok so heres my experiences now without spacers and even with the bottom and boxes with 2 weekends of running the boat turning OUT

Turning IN , rooster is all confused (water gets thrown in every direction) and kinda small. IN gets some good bow lift but it burries the stern to get there which in good water will get you the best speed IMOP. In Flat water you have to trim to the moon for speed. Backing up kinda sucks not horrible but if you get any wind or current then it really is useless backing up.

Turning OUT, you maybe need another 200 or so to plane the same, gets the stern out of the water and the boat seems to fly straighter, the boat feels more lively to me, Rooster is bad ass. slip goes sky high with too much trim, since the stern is higher out of the water and the props aren`t burried in the water it revs faster. backing up is back to normal.

Ive had it to 84mph on dead flat water, humid day turning IN but it took some trim to get there. I thought turning OUT would require the same trim level but it doesn`t, makes a huge rooster but the slip is way high thats why this weekend huge rooster but only 81mph@ 6, 000rpm.

Only when seeing the pic did that make sense, all my horsepower is being used to throw water in the air

Next time out bring up trim slowly and find that sweet spot instead of going to 8 and hitting the throttles.
Exactly what i wanted to know! Thanks. Looks like ill finally switch them and see how i like it. Our boats are setup nearly the same. Ill be glad to give up alittle top end to get the stern up without digging the tabs in to 4 on the indicators. The roost is just a bonus!
Old 09-08-2014, 04:17 PM
Registered

Received 3,219 Likes on 1,044 Posts

Bad azz!!!! Blower whine and rooster?? Gives me chills.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.