What is your opinion of a "clean" boat? >

What is your opinion of a "clean" boat?

Notices

What is your opinion of a "clean" boat?

Old 10-01-2014, 09:25 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I bought my last boat, I talked to some many owner that had "clean" boats and they were all super anal about their boats, etc. only to go look at boats covered in gouges down to glass, on boat was completely yellowed and the drives were corroding off, one the whole top deck was crazing and countless other stuff. Met of these boats looked fine in pictures. I ended up just not asking for pictures anymore. everyone's 10 is different...
Old 10-01-2014, 09:42 PM
VP of the tickfaw200

Received 154 Likes on 66 Posts

Their is a lot to consider. Fist age of the boat. Then orignal, restored, updated etc. if orignal a older boat will show more wear then newer in most cases if taken care of. In regards to that more can slide when it's a older boat. Things age it's life. Now have seen some newer boats that were just left out to rot. Road hard and put up wet. I'll pass on that. Restored,rebuilt,updated etc. what's been done, how fare down was it take, pictures?, quality of work, who did the motors drives etc.
Old 10-02-2014, 09:00 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

I consider clean to be 2 things.....

clean OEM boat that is very nice, not perfect.... is clean....

spotless boat like AMII when Jeremy sold it was as good as new showroom because there was expense spared...that's CLEAN.

I think mines clean but nowhere near perfect... never been restored at all, always been inside or full covered... its "clean" not MINT

I hate when people play dumb or hide things when selling and you make a trip for no reason, I deal with it all the time with Cobras I buy and sell, to me spotless is SPOTLESS no rust, others spotless is "well I don't see any" meaning they didn't open a door or look under the car.....

When you ask for certain pics and you do not get them, do not go see it....like asking for bulkhead pics on a 311 Formula, they are known for it so many boats are rotted and people don't say anything and waste time.if you know the normal issues on a boat and know what to ask or look for it isn't issue, like engines... a good set of bilge pics can tell a ton, rusty parts, hack wiring, oil all over RUN..

that's rust running down transom is NOT clean, maybe he meant he washed the boat as in CLEAN? lol
Old 10-02-2014, 11:29 AM
Registered

+1 Donzi Matt
Old 10-02-2014, 04:28 PM
Registered

Received 407 Likes on 273 Posts

one thing I've learned: pictures dont do it justice !

that's true both ways. you can have nice pictures and in reality boat is not as clean in person

but also a really really clean boat is not always easy to see how clean it is in pictures!

best is to go see for yourself in person!
Old 10-02-2014, 05:17 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,165 Likes on 1,409 Posts

Originally Posted by 88bullet
so i got a text today telling me about how clean a boat was that is for sale right now. i almost pissed my pants. And to top it all off the sellers description is way worse than what you guys are beating up Phil for. lets hear some stories about "clean" boats. pics welcome.
Its no different in the muscle car arena, # 1 car is hard to find, its a 95 -100 point judged car, which you really don't want to drive, #5 beater, #4 daily driver, and so on. You cant believe how many guys think they have a #1 or #2 car and in reality its a high 4 to a low 3 car. JMO

This is clean, not a 10 but pretty tidy
Attached Thumbnails What is your opinion of a "clean" boat?-img_0419.jpg  

Last edited by F-2 Speedy; 10-02-2014 at 05:24 PM.
Old 10-02-2014, 07:28 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by 33outlawsst
Its no different in the muscle car arena, # 1 car is hard to find, its a 95 -100 point judged car, which you really don't want to drive, #5 beater, #4 daily driver, and so on. You cant believe how many guys think they have a #1 or #2 car and in reality its a high 4 to a low 3 car. JMO

This is clean, not a 10 but pretty tidy
Ken... your boat fits my definition of clean
Old 10-03-2014, 01:24 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o59193-en.html

^^^^^^THIS^^^^^
as shown in these pics.
Old 10-03-2014, 04:25 PM
Registered

Received 407 Likes on 273 Posts

outdated for sure, but yes ! Clean !

agreed!
Old 10-03-2014, 06:45 PM
Registered

Easy....not dirty

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.