Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
Mistress repower #2 begins.... >

Mistress repower #2 begins....

Notices

Mistress repower #2 begins....

Old 05-28-2015, 09:08 AM
Registered

Received 395 Likes on 165 Posts

FWIW I bolted on two pair of full cnc race ready AFR heads last year and have run the piss out them with no issues whatsoever. I truly hate your situation Tim and I hope you're up and running soon.
Old 05-28-2015, 09:11 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 209 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by frickstyle
Do they provide a QA readout or actual measured (paperwork)? Similar to either sampling in automotive or 100% inspection for custom one-off type work?

Similar to what you have documented for your blocks?

That would be nice to have....
No I asked afr yesterday he said they get sent out how they are... That's it..

I get he just specs parts if I knew that in beginning I would have done different, that's also on me but that info didn't come to about just selling and not building until well after I been cool till now with a failure.

In my buisness and many others to me it's get customer fixed then see the parts later, I am looking at parts with MY machinist and finding the solutions in the short season I have I can't wait weeks for answers from Cali.... I need to be on the water not watch my garden grow...
If indeed I get sent parts and it turns out to be all my fault only I will easily pay for the replacement parts, I have to anyway..... So why make it take longer... I could be at fault for part yes, but these guides also at fault... Played a time at best.

You guys can bash me but put yourself in my shoes, justin can tell you about my logged build sheets we didn't mess around at the same time it is my fault for trusting heads would be ok all my fault.
Old 05-28-2015, 09:13 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by mmb
Did bob tell you what the guide clearance would be?? Or just the parts used and spring heights etc??
No talk about guides just "marine spec" gray area again shame on me
Old 05-28-2015, 09:15 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
No, getting some water in manifold gotta look into that...
Is this the same engine that just had the head issue? I understand everything is new but when these were installed you said you were getting water I n manifold in your new motor, just wondering if it's the same engine that just had the head issue? In one of the pictures it looks like the cylinder right next to it has milky oil. Hope it all gets resolved you can still save the summer.
Old 05-28-2015, 09:15 AM
Registered

Received 481 Likes on 220 Posts

"High Performance Boat Owners Manual" = Encyclopedia Britannica

But I sure wish they made one! (so many things to check and be aware of). I don't really blame you, sometimes I put too much trust in other people, and get burned, bad.
Old 05-28-2015, 09:24 AM
Registered

Received 395 Likes on 165 Posts

I don't believe anybody's bashing you brother, least of all me. It's a fvcked up deal but it's the world be live in. Damage is done, nothing to do now but get in there and get it fixed.
Old 05-28-2015, 09:25 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by 272bajadriver
Is this the same engine that just had the head issue? I understand everything is new but when these were installed you said you were getting water I n manifold in your new motor, just wondering if it's the same engine that just had the head issue? In one of the pictures it looks like the cylinder right next to it has milky oil. Hope it all gets resolved you can still save the summer.
For 2 minutes I had a very light water issue with Intake, was addressed right away, no issue since yes the valley will get condensation in may on a Great Lake that did not cause this plain and simple... Tell me who's running .0010 guides with no fails please.
Old 05-28-2015, 09:27 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Some people wanna see me fail, that's ok, I am one of a few people dealing and seeing this in person no pics just with actual eyes, and gauges.... No internet guess what if, again posting facts only, fact is tight guides ... Was something else happening with lifter? Maybe but I do not have them facts yet therefore not posting about them thoughts
Old 05-28-2015, 09:29 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

This could be a 100% fuk up on my part but that don't change tight guides....
Old 05-28-2015, 09:47 AM
mmb
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No one is blaming you for anything. Lesson learned for everyone here. It would have happened to me as well if Joe at Fast Forward wouldn't have insisted on checking my heads and not taking no for an answer... But I guess he has been around long enough to know exactly what you get from AFR and Dart, Kind of like playing Russian Roulette

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.