Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
Mistress repower #2 begins.... >

Mistress repower #2 begins....

Notices

Mistress repower #2 begins....

Old 06-01-2015, 07:36 PM
Registered

Received 693 Likes on 277 Posts

Careful Tim, those little bastards breed......
Old 06-01-2015, 08:22 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

So, does the plan include addressing the water and oil temp, or are you just going to open up the lifter to bore and valve stem clearances and let the temps fall where they may?

Glad the block didn't need a sleeve Tim!
Old 06-01-2015, 08:53 PM
Registered

Received 4,996 Likes on 1,409 Posts

Originally Posted by brian41
Tim, I am related by marriage to Mark Nelms the owner of Johnson Lifters and I am glad they are working with you. When you stated that it stuck a lifter I was surprised because of the quality control used at SEC (Johnson Lifter).
Is that why BHB switched to pushing Johnson instead of Morels? You guys are like best friends forever no?
Old 06-01-2015, 09:05 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 209 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by vintage chromoly
So, does the plan include addressing the water and oil temp, or are you just going to open up the lifter to bore and valve stem clearances and let the temps fall where they may?

Glad the block didn't need a sleeve Tim!
I don't have oil temp issues at all, I will look at adding some water temp. Lifter bores already done in ine block pulling other engine tomorrow to tear down and add a litke more there to be safe, all heads will be opened up and whatever else Phil needs to do to make them for my application.
Old 06-02-2015, 05:14 AM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Glade it is going well and fast. U will be up and running in no time
Old 06-02-2015, 06:30 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
Is that why BHB switched to pushing Johnson instead of Morels? You guys are like best friends forever no?
I am not going to go back and forth with you as its apparent you have something against Bob and think you are smarter than everybody else. You have been asked to lay off the personal attacks but its obvious that is not working so its time to try something else.
Old 06-02-2015, 09:06 AM
Registered

Received 700 Likes on 342 Posts

So as I take it the route cause has been found, and the perfect storm of circumstances brought it to the surface. And the higher ups at the companies involved are going above and beyond (way beyond) to help get this fixed and resolved. Nice to see and says a lot about those people and there companies, instead of the typical "improper install/misuse no warranty"
Old 06-02-2015, 09:08 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Unlimited jd
So as I take it the route cause has been found, and the perfect storm of circumstances brought it to the surface. And the higher ups at the companies involved are going above and beyond (way beyond) to help get this fixed and resolved. Nice to see and says a lot about those people and there companies, instead of the typical "improper install/misuse no warranty"
Yes that's exactly how it is and it makes me happy that in this day and age done company's stand behind the things discussed and product. Very rare that happens
Old 06-02-2015, 09:25 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,269 Likes on 1,464 Posts

Your fortunate Tim, many would of said ( to bad ) give me your CC# and I'll send the new stuff out in a couple weeks
Old 06-02-2015, 09:28 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Exactly that's why it means the world to me that they stood up and took care of me because we all feel there was a little bit of at fault all across-the-board

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.