Notices

Mistress repower #2 begins....

Old 07-06-2015, 09:54 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 209 Likes on 133 Posts

Ok... Night out...

Not On limiters....
I don't see it being flame arrestors after gutting them and opening hatch...

Air fuel are always between 11.5-12.8 depending on Rpm... M
25 mirage plus best today was 72@5400....

My honest opinion is too much cam not making thebTQ I need in the right place....

Last season I went 73.7@5500 all day long with junk engines.... Glad I upgraded heads, cams, carbs, all that BS to go 1 mph slower this year... I could have kept my chitty pro comp heads and smaller cams and saved 20,000.00 .... Kinda heart broke tonight because the ready is tuned and in line...
Old 07-06-2015, 11:10 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Honestly have to say this build has sucked and I regret it totally, should have built rock solid shortblocks and kept what I had from the heads up.... I can't tell you how bummed out I am... what a waste....
Old 07-07-2015, 01:09 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
Honestly have to say this build has sucked and I regret it totally, should have built rock solid shortblocks and kept what I had from the heads up.... I can't tell you how bummed out I am... what a waste....
It's alright bud don't get down on youself you've done a lot. You did a hell of a job getting the motors back together after The mishap the first time. Bottom line you'll be in the water all summer that's all that matters. At the end of the day you really spend most of the time at cruising speeds anyways. Top speed really doesn't matter as long as the engines start when you turn the key that's what's important.
Old 07-07-2015, 05:05 AM
Registered

Received 693 Likes on 277 Posts

Throw one of them on a dyno and find out whats going on.
Old 07-07-2015, 05:39 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
Throw one of them on a dyno and find out whats going on.
After 7 years of dyno testing we have never failed to find HP/TQ on any build........several times over 100 HP on aspirated builds.......... its a wonderful tool!!!!!!!
Old 07-07-2015, 05:53 AM
SB
Registered

Received 3,329 Likes on 1,491 Posts

You mentioned 'going super rich after 5200 rpm' and now you said it's all fine, with no mention of what you did.

What did you do to change that condition ?
Old 07-07-2015, 06:02 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by 272bajadriver
It's alright bud don't get down on youself you've done a lot. You did a hell of a job getting the motors back together after The mishap the first time. Bottom line you'll be in the water all summer that's all that matters. At the end of the day you really spend most of the time at cruising speeds anyways. Top speed really doesn't matter as long as the engines start when you turn the key that's what's important.
Yea that's how I gotta look at it, goal was I spin 5800 -6000 but I just don't see them making the Tq to get them there... This is a very heavy boat with TRS drives...
Old 07-07-2015, 06:06 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by brian41
After 7 years of dyno testing we have never failed to find HP/TQ on any build........several times over 100 HP on aspirated builds.......... its a wonderful tool!!!!!!!
It's July I know a dyno would be nice but I took every cent to get them back in water let alone and the money and time to dyno just isn't there... I am sick of guys saying to dyno... What's that gonna tell me that I don't know??

Dyno would tell me the engines make power to 6000 and I won't get them there without a smaller prop, goal was to use the 25 plus the dyno would not tell me anything but a ho and Tq number that does me no good when I can't run the props I wanted to run...

I am not made of money I took every center had to get this done... I don't need schooled on a dyno session that in the end would have not changed the IN WATER dyno I call the boat and GPS readings
Old 07-07-2015, 06:08 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by SB
You mentioned 'going super rich after 5200 rpm' and now you said it's all fine, with no mention of what you did.

What did you do to change that condition ?
Added another hatch vent, took a few windings out of flame arrestors.... Air fuels are very close across the board and at 5400 rpm they were 11.8-12.2 both engines... Not going rich anymore
Old 07-07-2015, 06:14 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I will continue to play with it, have props worked when done and be happy it runs and should still get 73-75 out of it.... I will say one thing after last nights abuse she's built nice for a guy that don't know anything according to some guys here, gave them a ton of WOT last night 80 psi oil pressure, oil temps 200-210 tops, fuel pressures 5-6, no water temp as normal... And air fuels good... It is what it is I guess I should bring power band down in these cams or out stump puller cams like last engines had to make that TQ in the right place but for summer in leaving it and I still may never touch it after...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.