Mistress repower #2 begins.... >

Mistress repower #2 begins....

Notices

Mistress repower #2 begins....

Old 02-07-2016, 10:30 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 209 Likes on 133 Posts

Thanks and also as far as info and what happened there is more that people don't know and guys like Brian want to keep painting a bad picture of me, well he looks like the idiot keeping it going all the time because I don't care for Bob and his ways... I have yet to come close to my expectations set by Bob and not said a word, but if Brian wants to keep bringing it up I can keep making Bob lose business also, Brian I suggest. You let it go
Old 02-07-2016, 10:59 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

When are you going to dyno Tim?
Old 02-07-2016, 11:04 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Hoping this coming weekend I am finalizing things still... waiting to hear if schedule is open still.
Old 02-07-2016, 11:10 AM
mmb
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Made engines made exactly what Bob said they would but I also already knew what it would make, so maybe he was more realistic with me?? He said it would be knocking on 1000hp and we made 975hp at 6500rpm. That was also with a loaded dyno tune - 32 degrees Timing, max boost setting, 500 rpm's higher than the boat will ever see, etc.... When it was set for a safe tune for the boat the power was 925hp and I have it detuned to around 850 currently....
Old 02-07-2016, 11:18 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Seems to be the case with lots of guys, but I was supposed to easily surpass my old engines and spin same exact props to 6000 was the goal, they stop at 5500 max my old engines spun them to 5600, tune is good, compression testing at the end of season was good across all 16 cylinders, no issues, just will not spin, How many 540's did he spec for a N/A heavy boat like mine? I don't see any...

in the end I think I got sold on the fact that he said I would crush my old engines and spent a lot of money on things not needed, I am over it until guys like Brian wanna push the issue. I have been told my spring pressures and crazy lift is going to be bad long term for my engines, time will tell I guess but I wish I would have went with less aggressive cams had I known more and listened to others besides just Bob, my machinist said from the beginning my cams are too much for marine endurance and will be wearing things out fast and I didn't need that type of cam to see the power.

Originally Posted by mmb
Made engines made exactly what Bob said they would but I also already knew what it would make, so maybe he was more realistic with me?? He said it would be knocking on 1000hp and we made 975hp at 6500rpm. That was also with a loaded dyno tune - 32 degrees Timing, max boost setting, 500 rpm's higher than the boat will ever see, etc.... When it was set for a safe tune for the boat the power was 925hp and I have it detuned to around 850 currently....

Last edited by Full Force; 02-07-2016 at 11:22 AM.
Old 02-07-2016, 11:23 AM
mmb
Registered

What are your spec and springs pressures?

Yes he did want to put a ton more lift and spring on my engine but I wouldn't let him, he either made it the way I wanted or I was going somewhere else.
Old 02-07-2016, 11:28 AM
mmb
Registered

Big cams in NA engines make great dyno numbers but they are lazy in real world performance. Just an FYI
Old 02-07-2016, 11:32 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

200 closed 600 open 241/[email protected] and 663/681 lift... I was informed that I do not need any more lift then 630 and because of the crazy lift my rampo angles suck for that duration, that was told to me by a reputable person with zero agenda... I know you don't like me possibly but for the record I relied on Bob, did not liosten to a few lovcal guys because I went with what Bob said and that caused me some issues, I am also not a builder by trade and should have been advised different with Bob knowing that. there was many issues founbd when redoing these engines more then just a lifter clearance issue, and I did check that but guys assume I did not, I am not perfect and if you are selling parts to a guy that you know does not do this every day, HE should have advised some things be done, but never did...
either was I refuse to take any bashing over this anymore and will keep defending myself, I am trying to move on and be happy, but it sure sucks I am probably going to have to recam again asap to keep engines alive long term before I have a valvetrain failure that I will get blamed for, after 28 hours last season to me any failure now will most likely be due to cam issues, unless it's lower end....
I don't expect any lower end/lifter issues...

Originally Posted by mmb
What are your spec and springs pressures?

Yes he did want to put a ton more lift and spring on my engine but I wouldn't let him, he either made it the way I wanted or I was going somewhere else.
Old 02-07-2016, 11:47 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by mmb
Big cams in NA engines make great dyno numbers but they are lazy in real world performance. Just an FYI
Pretty sure Bob wanted that dyno number, that's what it seems to be...
Old 02-07-2016, 11:53 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

What number are/were you expecting Tim?

Are you guys going to just make pulls or will there be changes other than basic timing and fuel curve?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.