Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
Tiger upgrades >

Tiger upgrades

Notices

Tiger upgrades

Old 08-15-2016, 05:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As yours gets ready to go for some runs, mines coming out. We hit something Saturday and ripped the lower shaft and prop out of the left drive. Made it back to MDG/Londontown on 1 motor, creeping slow up the South. Calling insurance today to see if they will cover it then making a call to Dave. Heart sunk when I knew what happened. Everyone on the boat didn't know what was going on, but I knew right off. Still hurts a little.
Old 08-15-2016, 02:59 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,365 Likes on 464 Posts

Originally Posted by sleev-les
As yours gets ready to go for some runs, mines coming out. We hit something Saturday and ripped the lower shaft and prop out of the left drive. Made it back to MDG/Londontown on 1 motor, creeping slow up the South. Calling insurance today to see if they will cover it then making a call to Dave. Heart sunk when I knew what happened. Everyone on the boat didn't know what was going on, but I knew right off. Still hurts a little.
ouch, sorry to hear that. I still have a couple weeks left, sitting with the changing weather made it a petrie dish, so lots of mildew to get out. so I'm not rushing anything, got a new cockpit cover being made next week, and have to put in new fuel pressure gauges, that was all in the spring stuff, then we found the tank leaks, i should be ready for the weekend after next to really get out and run it.
The trip from picking it up was quite the day on Saturday, lost brakes on the truck right before the GW bridge, on the way up. Called Mark and let him know i was 45 minutes out and got a new brake line from napa and fixed that, got back on the road before noon, google maps auto directed me down to Manhattan, had to pay another toll and got squeezed in a corner by a chic in a Mercedes on the cell phone, left front trailer tire kissed a jersey wall and blow out, got back on the GW with gas tank on fumes, and everyone coming by me telling me I had a flat tire, oh and the AC crapped out on the way up too, it was 105 degrees... So i limped into Vince Lombardi service center on fumes and the low fuel light blinking walk, to fll up and fix the tire, the rim thankfully held air and 260 bucks later I was back on the road... and 95 was so backed up it turned a 4.5 hour trip into a 7 hour trip
Attached Thumbnails Tiger upgrades-13935074_10209074543614351_805991276342982756_n.jpg   Tiger upgrades-13925189_10209073709753505_6232338987706270178_n.jpg  
Old 08-15-2016, 03:58 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 644 Likes on 303 Posts

Damnit man- The things we do for Fun!
Old 08-15-2016, 09:45 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
ouch, sorry to hear that. I still have a couple weeks left, sitting with the changing weather made it a petrie dish, so lots of mildew to get out. so I'm not rushing anything, got a new cockpit cover being made next week, and have to put in new fuel pressure gauges, that was all in the spring stuff, then we found the tank leaks, i should be ready for the weekend after next to really get out and run it.
The trip from picking it up was quite the day on Saturday, lost brakes on the truck right before the GW bridge, on the way up. Called Mark and let him know i was 45 minutes out and got a new brake line from napa and fixed that, got back on the road before noon, google maps auto directed me down to Manhattan, had to pay another toll and got squeezed in a corner by a chic in a Mercedes on the cell phone, left front trailer tire kissed a jersey wall and blow out, got back on the GW with gas tank on fumes, and everyone coming by me telling me I had a flat tire, oh and the AC crapped out on the way up too, it was 105 degrees... So i limped into Vince Lombardi service center on fumes and the low fuel light blinking walk, to fll up and fix the tire, the rim thankfully held air and 260 bucks later I was back on the road... and 95 was so backed up it turned a 4.5 hour trip into a 7 hour trip
Was Gino with you?
Old 08-16-2016, 05:40 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Holy crap man. In the end, I hope you get some use out of the boat this season. Its been a he// of a ride for you.
Old 08-16-2016, 06:22 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by pm203
Was Gino with you?
I think in spirit, it was a trying day for sure, walked in my house at 6pm and downed 2 beers in 30 seconds. But at the end of it all im safe, the boat is safe and the work that mark did is simply amazing. Hard to believe ive owned it now for 11years, and it has gotten better. As much as i like the 46s, i really do love this boat. Its going to be repainted over the winter, it has done me right and only left me starnded twice, once with a blown engine and once when i ran it out of gas. Won the bimini race in 08, so i owe it to her to keep it in shape.
Old 08-16-2016, 12:00 PM
Joe
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think in spirit, it was a trying day for sure, walked in my house at 6pm and downed 2 beers in 30 seconds. But at the end of it all im safe, the boat is safe and the work that mark did is simply amazing. Hard to believe ive owned it now for 11years, and it has gotten better. As much as i like the 46s, i really do love this boat. Its going to be repainted over the winter, it has done me right and only left me starnded twice, once with a blown engine and once when i ran it out of gas. Won the bimini race in 08, so i owe it to her to keep it in shape.
Well I'm glad you got her home in one piece after all that, I hope your able to get it out on the water before the season is over, a lot of good boating left in Sept, I was hoping to get out and see you guys on the water this year, but it isn't looking good, oh well what's another year.lol
Old 08-17-2016, 03:24 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by tcwcar
Well I'm glad you got her home in one piece after all that, I hope your able to get it out on the water before the season is over, a lot of good boating left in Sept, I was hoping to get out and see you guys on the water this year, but it isn't looking good, oh well what's another year.lol
thanks, saw yours on the dyno at daves, im taking mine down on tues to have him make sure everything is right before i go blasting around.
Old 08-17-2016, 08:03 PM
Joe
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks, saw yours on the dyno at daves, im taking mine down on tues to have him make sure everything is right before i go blasting around.
Yea, i hope there soon done, just got done putting new cables in and finishing up a few things, so its ready for Dave when he gets the motors dialed in.
Old 08-29-2016, 10:27 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Finally got out this summer and the first run didn't disappoint...91.6, it was running great, the -2 imcos helped, at WOT, it seemed like it was running a little flat so I'm going to go a half inch lower, and maybe try 32's, i was able to spin 5800 and it comes up on plan nicely... I think i can squeeze another 8 mph out of her with some tweaks...
Attached Thumbnails Tiger upgrades-14045872_10209186375890088_3518930600105977335_n.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
H20W8STER (11-23-2022)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.