Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
One of the five becomes a Six >

One of the five becomes a Six

Notices

One of the five becomes a Six

Old 03-17-2015, 01:40 PM
Registered

Received 3,285 Likes on 1,063 Posts

You guys should open a shop is what you should do!! Awesome work as usual. Always enjoy watching the craftsmanship, attention to detail and basically love that you guys put into your boats all the way back to the cafe.
Old 03-18-2015, 09:54 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

What about the whole crews, matching tervis tumblers?.....

If you don't know this crew in person, words can't describe them. Jim, Bryce and Mark are the damn nicest bunch of people you'll ever meet, not to forget there significant others. I am truly proud to call this bunch, GOOD FRIENDS! As well as amazing what the can do out back in the pole barn..... they ain't scared!
Old 03-18-2015, 04:14 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

^^^^X2 to what Ryan said. Don't know Mark but know Jim and Bryce. Bryce's deckhand is amazing. Covers boat up while Bryce is hanging with the guys. Awesome group and very knowledgeable.
Old 03-20-2015, 07:52 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Thank you for the kind words, we appreciate it. we did not have any kind words for the drive shaft builder this week. They built the flange to yoke connection to close, and the bolts would no go in on the short (rear) engine at the transmission to driveshaft connection. But we got thru it. It's just part of it. MRP got the platform back today and it is trick. Pics tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails One of the five becomes a Six-image.jpg  
Old 03-21-2015, 08:08 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's ALIVE!
Old 03-21-2015, 08:18 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

...but, I digress. Today was the culmination of a very productive week in the transformation of Lock & Load. As ZP mentioned in his post, driveshaft work dominated our time during the week. It was very frustrating to wait so long only to have the driveshafts to be almost FUBAR. I say almost because we were able to overcome others engineering shortcomings and get it "all bolted up".
Old 03-21-2015, 08:26 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

If you look back to post 28, you'll see that we asked our boat artist Chris Cruz to design an upgrade for L&L's swim platform. CC got it done this week and delivered a beautiful result! So this morning, the plan was to install it and to reinstall the hatch.
Old 03-21-2015, 08:40 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

...but again, I digress. You'll notice the new platform hanging from ZP's overhead crane, but there's no boat in sight. That's because this DUMBASS left the boat in the boathouse overnight with the battery switches On. Not only is this a hazard, it was only the other day that ZP had warned me to be more careful about the switches. So... the boat was banished to the field overnight. MY BAD!! To prevent me from repeating this dangerous mistake, which I completely appreciate, I got several reminders not to repeat this foolish mistake again.
Attached Thumbnails One of the five becomes a Six-image.jpg   One of the five becomes a Six-image.jpg   One of the five becomes a Six-image.jpg  

One of the five becomes a Six-image.jpg   One of the five becomes a Six-image.jpg  
Old 03-21-2015, 08:48 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Nevertheless, it was a very productive day.. The new platform looks great. I especially appreciate the attention to detail that Chris Cruz brings to a project. Not only is the artwork awesome, he adds the details like extending his art "around the corner" to integrate his platform design into the rest of the design.
Attached Thumbnails One of the five becomes a Six-image.jpg   One of the five becomes a Six-image.jpg  
Old 03-21-2015, 08:57 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

As you can see from today's pictures we also reinstalled the hatch. While it was all apart, ZP called our friend Scott Porta, the man behind Porta Lifts (and lots of other great stuff), and ordered some sweet lifting eyes for the hatch. They made today's work a breeze compared to previous hatch installations.
Attached Thumbnails One of the five becomes a Six-image.jpg   One of the five becomes a Six-image.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.