Notices

Cafe Resto

Old 09-05-2015, 08:26 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

I don't think it is. There was some resin up towards the front where the two drain holes dump by the stringer. I pried it out & it seems as if it was poured on top of the original glass. So water was trapped between the two. But does not appear to have penetrated the original layup.
Old 09-05-2015, 08:33 PM
Registered

Thanks for the pics Frick! Gives me idea of what it will look like done.
Old 09-07-2015, 09:05 AM
Registered

Another long day in 90 deg heat yesterday to pretty much finish the transom stripping.

First assembly removal was a *****. looks like someone poured resin in with everything mounted. had to dig out in order to remove the lines.

Transom cutout showing where resin was poured to try & seal i assume

She looks pathetic without the hardware

The good news is the transom is rotted from the drain whole to the stern light to both the tabs, so shouldnt be hard to remove what wood is left! I am wondering though if the transom flex could have caused some sort of drive issue under load that then broke the drive.

For replacement water pickups, should i bring them at the same angle as the originals on the vee, or straight down towards the keel? I dont know if there is a difference in location for better pressure.

Still need to remove the trim pumps & some other minor things & then it's time to start cutting. Hoping to get it cut out & cleaned in next weekend or two.
Old 09-08-2015, 06:38 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Oh the joy!!!! Keep up the progress and don't lose your vision of the finished product!
Old 09-09-2015, 06:55 AM
Registered

Received 801 Likes on 378 Posts

Holy moly there is rot everywhere!!!

Good luck with the project!! Keep us up to date.
Old 01-01-2016, 08:25 PM
Registered

Haven't posted in awhile so figured would just give quick update. The only way to view progress is to look at my CC bill & checking account depletion! I have pretty much all the new exterior transom parts purchased. New stainless steel water pickups, billet cable clamshell covers, stainless water dumps, swim platform, LED Nav light, & LED underwater lights. Not sure if anyone makes stainless transom exhaust cutout covers to replace the old plastic ones or if i will just need to have them fab'd. Would have liked to have some SSM's or Konrads hanging off the back but just not in the budget.

For the engine compartment, i have made a good dent in the items i wanted. New stainless strainers, bilge pumps, blowers, LED's, battery charger, hatch light, bilge coat. Now i need to get the lengths/sizes for the drive/tab hydraulic hoses & then all the fuel lines to replace all them. Plan on getting new fuel pumps once i figure out what to use.

Next i move on the helm. Livorsi gauges & controls, new switches, Innotech dash panels, Isotta wheel, Garmin chartplotter, heads up indicators.

I might have to sell my body to about a hundred fat girls for about $500 each, or maybe $1000 each to fifty really fat girls to get this completed. Either that or start a gofundme page.
Old 01-02-2016, 06:57 PM
Registered

Received 116 Likes on 71 Posts

You may be better off( cheaper) buying that #5 Café in the classifieds!
Old 01-02-2016, 07:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by kreed
You may be better off( cheaper) buying that #5 Café in the classifieds!
Believe me, I've thought about it! But then i would have to sell mine first & everyone would steer potential buyers to the one i was trying to buy.
Old 01-02-2016, 08:25 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by BDiggity
Haven't posted in awhile so figured would just give quick update. The only way to view progress is to look at my CC bill & checking account depletion! I have pretty much all the new exterior transom parts purchased. New stainless steel water pickups, billet cable clamshell covers, stainless water dumps, swim platform, LED Nav light, & LED underwater lights. Not sure if anyone makes stainless transom exhaust cutout covers to replace the old plastic ones or if i will just need to have them fab'd. Would have liked to have some SSM's or Konrads hanging off the back but just not in the budget.

For the engine compartment, i have made a good dent in the items i wanted. New stainless strainers, bilge pumps, blowers, LED's, battery charger, hatch light, bilge coat. Now i need to get the lengths/sizes for the drive/tab hydraulic hoses & then all the fuel lines to replace all them. Plan on getting new fuel pumps once i figure out what to use.

Next i move on the helm. Livorsi gauges & controls, new switches, Innotech dash panels, Isotta wheel, Garmin chartplotter, heads up indicators.

I might have to sell my body to about a hundred fat girls for about $500 each, or maybe $1000 each to fifty really fat girls to get this completed. Either that or start a gofundme page.
The Livorsi gauges are not what they used to be. Needles fade out, rims pull off, mostly junk.. Look at auto meter marine, they will do colors also
Old 01-02-2016, 08:55 PM
Registered

Received 436 Likes on 289 Posts

It is always expensive... Used boats in need of repairs, or new/ newer boat with much more depreciation... Either way, expensive... But in the end you ll have something strong, reliable, and nice looking!
So keep up the good work!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.