Is this a Cigarette 28SS? New owner. >

Is this a Cigarette 28SS? New owner.

Notices

Is this a Cigarette 28SS? New owner.

Old 03-30-2015, 09:57 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

Its hard to read but if the hull id starts with "cfn" the boat was made by "custom fiberglass boats" in farmington NH

The Coasties keep all that stuff on record
Old 03-30-2015, 10:11 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

yea for sure not a Cig, besides the 28 has a lip all around about 2" under rub rail that NO OTHER boat has.... looks like a home made boat to me...
Old 03-30-2015, 10:18 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
yea for sure not a Cig, besides the 28 has a lip all around about 2" under rub rail that NO OTHER boat has.... looks like a home made boat to me...
^^^this^^^

The tell tale lip on the bond line of a 28 does not exist on this boat. Add in the fact that it doesn't have the spine on the bow either and it's done deal....not a Cig.

That helm doesn't resemble the helm of any 28 I've seen either.

Buck
Old 03-30-2015, 10:21 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Batmans
I've looked at other 28SS and they look similar. I've also looked at Cigarette Awesome/Mistress and they look similar. If it's not a 28SS, I wonder what it is. It has Cigarette Racing Team all over the boat.
If I had a nickel for every boat I saw with a Cigarette sticker on it that actually wasn't one, you know the rest of the line.

I have never been able to figure out why people do it. I've never seen a Cig with a Baja, Formula, Fountain, Sonic, or any other logo on it. Why put a Cig logo on one of them?

Buck
Old 03-30-2015, 10:37 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,166 Likes on 1,430 Posts

Looks like it needs more than an interior and hope this is not what you think is all it needs.

Don't put any more $$$$ into it until you really go thru it and get a professional opinion on it if you plan to do something with it.

Assuming :

1) You are not playing a newbie joke on us

2) You are not a boat restorer
Old 03-31-2015, 05:51 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hull ID is shaved off and a metal plate with stamped numbers are over it as mentioned above. The stamp numbers do not come up with anything. According to online you have to have 12 digits on a boat hull. These are the numbers stamped: Cenh14482
Old 03-31-2015, 05:58 AM
Registered

Um, I bought this boat a week ago. I'm going to apply for a title, but need to know what it is before doing so. Why would this be a joke? Secondly, I'm not new to the boat world. However, this is the first boat that has me stunned. I know it needs more than interior work, I'm not a dumbass. Considering I only paid $1200 for the boat and trailer, the trailer alone is worth that. Thanks for everyone clarifying it's not a Cig. I guess I'll keep searching other makes.
Old 03-31-2015, 06:31 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 491 Posts

You didn't pay a lot but didn't the seller give you some idea?
I'm a bit new here but I reckon it looks like a Magnum. Whatever it is, pretty classic lines, hope the project works out for you, good luck.

RR

Last edited by rak rua; 03-31-2015 at 07:22 PM.
Old 03-31-2015, 06:41 AM
Registered

Received 116 Likes on 71 Posts

Hate to be a Debbie-downer, BUT.......The money you are going to spend to get this boat in order is going to WAY exceed its value when completed. Youd be better off buying a name brand boat for 20K and at least getting some return on your investment. With the boat having no legit numbers and no legit maker(yet), its going to be a hard sell. I know that boats are NOT investments, but unless your building it for "yourself" and you don't care about money??..... Also, it has Dodge engines in it??
Old 03-31-2015, 06:59 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by kreed
Hate to be a Debbie-downer, BUT.......The money you are going to spend to get this boat in order is going to WAY exceed its value when completed. Youd be better off buying a name brand boat for 20K and at least getting some return on your investment. With the boat having no legit numbers and no legit maker(yet), its going to be a hard sell. I know that boats are NOT investments, but unless your building it for "yourself" and you don't care about money??..... Also, it has Dodge engines in it??
I totally agree unfortunately, the boat does have some cool lines to it but judging by the looks of it I'd bet money that the transom and stringers are rotted so you're looking at serious time and money to bring it back. When it's all said and done with new structure, paint, interior, gauges, engines, outdrives, etc it's still going to be a no-name boat unless you can determine it's some rare ex-race boat or something. I'd recommend parting it out but either way good luck with whichever direction you go. You may want to try searching on here, this boat looks familiar and I think I remember a post about it from a few years ago when it was for sale.....that TV looks familiar!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.