Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
Is this a Cigarette 28SS? New owner. >

Is this a Cigarette 28SS? New owner.

Notices

Is this a Cigarette 28SS? New owner.

Old 03-31-2015, 07:31 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CEN = Carr Enterprises, 4780 96TH ST N, St Petersburg FL 33708 Date business started was 1/15/1979

Cheers,

Dave
Old 03-31-2015, 03:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Definately not a 28 Cig. Was this boat sitting in a yard next to the Stansteel asphalt tank and kiln yard?
Old 03-31-2015, 09:05 PM
Registered

Hey if it runs then RUN IT!!!
Old 04-01-2015, 12:29 AM
Registered

Received 272 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by KevD815
RIGHT! That's what in sayin. Dude bought a boat for 1200 that runs. That's way less than what my fuel bill will be for the month of July. Sand it down, paint it in his garage. Clean up the interior and fukc it run it. If it blows up or sinks, sell the trailer and wash your hands lol
Old 04-01-2015, 04:47 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 209 Likes on 133 Posts

yea, thats gonna cost a ton to make nice, even doing it yourself.... I had a ton invested in my 320 Baja doing it all myself, way more then I should have.... and it's now in a landfill...
Old 04-01-2015, 05:55 AM
Registered

Received 693 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
yea, thats gonna cost a ton to make nice, even doing it yourself.... I had a ton invested in my 320 Baja doing it all myself, way more then I should have.... and it's now in a landfill...

And you didn't learn, you went out and bought an even bigger resin bucket to pour your money into... We have a disease, a sickness. Hi, Im phragle, Im a powerboataholic...
Old 04-01-2015, 06:40 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 209 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
And you didn't learn, you went out and bought an even bigger resin bucket to pour your money into... We have a disease, a sickness. Hi, Im phragle, Im a powerboataholic...
Lol well only kinda... This one is not rotted from now to stern, and is a much better boat overall, most if the mkney I sink in this one can be removed and kept....!!!
Old 04-01-2015, 03:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by KevD815
My thoughts exactly. You don't need a title to register the boat in the state of Indiana. I would like to apply for the title though. I'm going to restore the boat. If I knew what the boat was, I would restore it back to new. Since I do not know what it is, I'm going to take all the stickers and logos off and have the boat clean with no badging.
Old 04-01-2015, 03:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Full Force
yea for sure not a Cig, besides the 28 has a lip all around about 2" under rub rail that NO OTHER boat has.... looks like a home made boat to me...
If you honestly believe this boat is home-made you are an amateur in the boat community.

Originally Posted by rak rua
You didn't pay a lot but didn't the seller give you some idea?
I'm a bit new here but I reckon it looks like a Magnum. Whatever it is, pretty classic lines, hope the project works out for you, good luck.

RR
I purchased the boat from a local marina in Louisville, KY. The owner of the boat had worked done to the engines and had the boat stored at the marina outside. He stopped making storage payments two years ago and is nowhere to be found. I paid $1200 for the boat and trailer. That’s the amount that was owed in storage fees.

Originally Posted by kreed
Hate to be a Debbie-downer, BUT.......The money you are going to spend to get this boat in order is going to WAY exceed its value when completed. Youd be better off buying a name brand boat for 20K and at least getting some return on your investment. With the boat having no legit numbers and no legit maker(yet), its going to be a hard sell. I know that boats are NOT investments, but unless your building it for "yourself" and you don't care about money??..... Also, it has Dodge engines in it??
I work for a marina that I’m in the process of purchasing as well as good friends with the owners of local marinas. I have a dealer license and get parts for one third of the cost. I also get free boats all the time that nobody wants anymore. I’ve salvaged many usable parts over the years. One of my buddies who owns a marina does only gel coat and fiberglass repair. Getting this boat re-sprayed is not an issue.

Chrysler’s marine engines have been around since 1927. I believe the 360 came out in 1974. If you’re thinking these are a pair of 360 Magnums either out of a Dodge Ram or Durango you are mistaken. The casting numbers are 4179930-360-6 and the other 4179930-360-5. These are LA 360 engines. Production was 1975 to 1993.

Originally Posted by mbobb
I totally agree unfortunately, the boat does have some cool lines to it but judging by the looks of it I'd bet money that the transom and stringers are rotted so you're looking at serious time and money to bring it back. When it's all said and done with new structure, paint, interior, gauges, engines, outdrives, etc it's still going to be a no-name boat unless you can determine it's some rare ex-race boat or something. I'd recommend parting it out but either way good luck with whichever direction you go. You may want to try searching on here, this boat looks familiar and I think I remember a post about it from a few years ago when it was for sale.....that TV looks familiar!
There is nothing wrong with the Chrysler transom assembly nor the stringers. The hull is solid, just needs re-sprayed. The engines are sound with great compression. There is nothing wrong with the drives either. Boat looks the way it does because it's been outside for several years with the sun hitting it. Boat was made from Carr Enterprises.

Originally Posted by THRILLSEEKER
Definately not a 28 Cig. Was this boat sitting in a yard next to the Stansteel asphalt tank and kiln yard?
You can clearly see other boats in the background of the images.
The first images I posted is the day I purchased the boat. I picked up the boat at one marina and drove it to another marina, and took it off the trailer. The photo you are referring to, is how it is sitting now. I’m having the trailer painted and the boat needed to come off of it. It’s next to a huge warehouse where I work.

Originally Posted by 78CIG24
CEN = Carr Enterprises, 4780 96TH ST N, St Petersburg FL 33708 Date business started was 1/15/1979

Cheers,

Dave
Thank you Dave. That’s what I’ve found out too. Unfortunately, they’re no longer in business or I would contact them.
Old 04-01-2015, 04:26 PM
mmb
Registered

You came into a Cigarette Forum with a fake Cigarette and now you are telling people how much or how little they know about boats... Sorry not sure what you were expecting. I would do you build thread in another section of OSO. Your not going to get much love in here especially after those comments...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.