90 MPH teaser thread >

90 MPH teaser thread

Notices

90 MPH teaser thread

Old 04-23-2015, 09:23 AM
Registered

Received 4,567 Likes on 1,315 Posts
Thumbs up

I love those monster tabs.. it`s like the boat is saying 'listen I do serious work here move out my way'
Old 04-23-2015, 05:51 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Rob, its bittersweet.......

IC, funny thing is she pops right on plane with minimal tabs....
Old 04-23-2015, 05:59 PM
Registered

assemblies mounted........

[ATTACH=CONFIG]540334[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 90 MPH teaser thread-transom-assemblies2.jpg  
Old 04-23-2015, 07:34 PM
Registered

Received 3,219 Likes on 1,044 Posts

Question, where's the other exhaust hole going?
Old 04-23-2015, 08:05 PM
Registered

Tank,

I am unsure whether I will reopen it. I will either reopen in line with the other three as it was originally or leave it closed for use of a Y pipe which is kind of cool. I've seen several boats with only two or three exhaust holes where they use either 1 or 2 Y pipe configuration for the exhaust. Makes the boat a little more unique.

If you look at post No.1 you will note that the second exhaust hole was not in line with the others. This was due to the fault of a crappy, POS rigger who will remain nameless. When I had the engines pulled and rebuilt the first time, he installed the engines and didn't install the bolts of the rear inner mount of the starboard engine. At that time I decided to change from Stellings to Stainless Marine Gen III and had new pipes fabricated. After the pipes were completed I noticed movement on the engine and discovered that the engine was loose and dropped in the rear. I got in the bilge and installed the bolts (a real pain in the ARSE to reach those bolts). When they went to install the pipes, obviously the one pipe wouldn't fit. Rather than pay another $1,200 for another pipe, I decided to open up the hole. At the time the boat had a swim platform and you really couldn't notice the difference. Once I decided to update the boat, I just couldn't leave the hole as it was, so I had it closed when I painted the transom. I was going to reopen the hole at the proper level and just before I turned on the hole saw, I thought about how cool it looked with three holes so I put the hole saw down and left it as is for now.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]540337[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]540338[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 90 MPH teaser thread-drives.jpg   90 MPH teaser thread-transom-assemblies2.jpg  
Old 04-28-2015, 04:29 PM
Registered

guess what's next........

[ATTACH=CONFIG]540532[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 90 MPH teaser thread-hanging-drive.jpg  

Last edited by thedonz; 04-28-2015 at 04:36 PM.
Old 04-28-2015, 10:06 PM
Registered

Received 4,567 Likes on 1,315 Posts

I love fighting with those to get em to line up and slide in.
Old 04-29-2015, 05:28 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

The spring makes those not to bad, the Sixes are a pain
Old 04-29-2015, 02:14 PM
Registered

Received 3,219 Likes on 1,044 Posts

Originally Posted by thedonz
Tank,

I am unsure whether I will reopen it. I will either reopen in line with the other three as it was originally or leave it closed for use of a Y pipe which is kind of cool. I've seen several boats with only two or three exhaust holes where they use either 1 or 2 Y pipe configuration for the exhaust. Makes the boat a little more unique.

If you look at post No.1 you will note that the second exhaust hole was not in line with the others. This was due to the fault of a crappy, POS rigger who will remain nameless. When I had the engines pulled and rebuilt the first time, he installed the engines and didn't install the bolts of the rear inner mount of the starboard engine. At that time I decided to change from Stellings to Stainless Marine Gen III and had new pipes fabricated. After the pipes were completed I noticed movement on the engine and discovered that the engine was loose and dropped in the rear. I got in the bilge and installed the bolts (a real pain in the ARSE to reach those bolts). When they went to install the pipes, obviously the one pipe wouldn't fit. Rather than pay another $1,200 for another pipe, I decided to open up the hole. At the time the boat had a swim platform and you really couldn't notice the difference. Once I decided to update the boat, I just couldn't leave the hole as it was, so I had it closed when I painted the transom. I was going to reopen the hole at the proper level and just before I turned on the hole saw, I thought about how cool it looked with three holes so I put the hole saw down and left it as is for now.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]540337[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]540338[/ATTACH]

I like the Y pipe. Always have.