Crap start to my season >

Crap start to my season

Notices

Crap start to my season

Old 04-22-2015, 04:06 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
I`d wanna see that compression test for myself.
Mangled plug is usually bad news but you didn`t notice running one cylinder down?
hmmm something smells fishy and it`s not your girlfriend
Thats what has me baffled. No issues last year and definitely no notice of running a cylinder or more low. Thats why I'm hoping its just the beginning of something that could have gotten worse really quick. I'm going to stop by after work today and chat some more.

Originally Posted by SB
3,5 50+80 psi sounds like headgasket. But, smashed electrode...usually not good. Valve head maybe
There was no water in the oil and if it was a head gasket, wouldn't that have been the case?

Originally Posted by Jamie77905
That's wild I just went through the same thing 3 weeks ago, so I pulled the motor after finding broken plug and low compression. It turned out I had 3 bent valves and one was fixing to break, it was cracked all the way around the stem.
I'm fine as long as there is no damage to the bottom end. That will pretty much end the season before it even starts...
Old 04-22-2015, 05:48 AM
SB
Registered

Received 3,166 Likes on 1,430 Posts

Originally Posted by sleev-les
There was no water in the oil and if it was a head gasket, wouldn't that have been the case?
No. If a fire ring fails, you'll have a direct opening from one cylinder to the other.

The fire ring is the metal 'ring' in a headgasket that surrounds each cylinder .

I call it fire ring,,,others sometimes call it other names.

Old 04-22-2015, 05:59 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,297 Likes on 449 Posts

Sorry to hear, Dave is the best in the area. He is more cautious which i like and he trys to catch things before they go boom. He is doing my engines and transom/drive upgrades.
Old 04-22-2015, 06:22 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by SB
No. If a fire ring fails, you'll have a direct opening from one cylinder to the other.

The fire ring is the metal 'ring' in a headgasket that surrounds each cylinder .

I call it fire ring,,,others sometimes call it other names.

Gotcha. I was thinking more on the valve because of theelectrode damage. We will definitely see and I'll have to report back what he finds.

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
Sorry to hear, Dave is the best in the area. He is more cautious which i like and he trys to catch things before they go boom. He is doing my engines and transom/drive upgrades.
He is awesome. I will always support Dave. Hes great at what he does.

Your Tiger isn't the one that you showed up to Sandy Point one day a few seasons back and couldn't launch because your impellers were both gone due to a stereo guy running the boat without the hose hooked up, are you? If so I was pulling in with my Tantrum and yelled over ot you saying "I'll trade you" but you weren't too happy. I saw the boat at MDG a little after and was telling Dave that I love the boat and he mentioned the story to me...
Old 04-22-2015, 06:26 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Unfortunately yes that was me, Dave did lots of back flushing and i went and got drunk.
my engines are in daves engine room as we speak with the new whipples on them.
Old 04-22-2015, 08:51 AM
Registered

Then I will see them in a bit.. I'm headed down to chat with him now.
Old 04-23-2015, 04:32 AM
Registered

Well, turns out it was 3 cylinders on that motor. 3, 5 and one on the other side was sitting around 90psi. Got to see the damage spark plug and was definitely running one cylinder low, but still baffled at how I didn't notice anything odd. Dave is off to starting work on getting the heads done. Hopefully I get in the water before the Blue Angels.
Old 04-23-2015, 01:20 PM
Registered

Received 122 Likes on 58 Posts

BTW what is date for the Blue Angels thisyear
Old 04-23-2015, 02:52 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

what caused it?
Old 04-23-2015, 05:45 PM
Registered

Blue angels practice is the 19th of May. Show is 20th

Not sure what caused it. I'm assuming because the boat just sat and got little use. He hasn't pulled the heads as of yesterday so I'll probably get more info as next week comes. 2 years and 540s may be the ticket haha

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.