Cafe crapper wiring >

Cafe crapper wiring

Notices

Cafe crapper wiring

Old 06-17-2015, 01:50 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Cafe crapper wiring

My Cafe has an electric toilet that is not working. There are two buttons on the wall, but only two wires that come out of the floor by the toilet and only two wires into the pump. I am hoping somebody can point me to a wiring diagram that explains how this magical poop remover works. One of my big selling points to my wife on upgrading from my Formula was having a "real" bathroom she can use on the water, but I fear she is going to call me out on my BS pretty soon if I don't figure this out. Thanks for any help.
Old 06-17-2015, 01:53 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,255 Likes on 548 Posts

Take a look at these couple threads which explain a lot about the Bullet head:

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...archid=2289877

You will probably find what you need in there.
Old 06-17-2015, 02:17 PM
Registered

Your linky no worky for me.

I did search on the bullet toilet, but mine appears to be a different setup. I have never looked around for any kind of pump setup under the starboard seats or anything so this whole setup could be far more complex than I imagined. Basically I just want to be able to flush the toilet to the holding tank, I am on an inland lake and can't go pumping overboard so I'm not too concerned about that.
Old 06-17-2015, 02:21 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 813 Likes on 376 Posts

Matt - here is how mine works:

1 button is "Flush" and marked as such. Open the small valve under the front seat to bring in seawater while you flush. It is a macerator that pumps it from the toilet to the the holding tank (which is only 6 gallons). It pulls water in at the same time it is pulling pee into the holding tank. My comments on it - we don't open the valve because it is salt water here and EATS up pumps, plus raw water tends to smell worse. It does not do real well with toilet paper. What we do is keep a bottle of water down there, take a pee wash it down with water and hit the flush button and put any TP into a small trash can with a farm fresh plastic bag in it. We also keep a nice deodorizer down there and pour in a teaspoon every now and then.

The other botton pumps whatever is in the holding tank overboard once you open the larger of the two valves under the seat on the right front.

I would BET you have a bad macerator pump and have blown a fuse too. That has happened to me a couple times. The pump rusts up, blows the fuse.

I have the full Cafe wiring diagrams if you want them I can email them to you. I also probably have the part number for the Jabsco pumps if you want them (I know i have posted them here before)
Old 06-17-2015, 02:21 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,255 Likes on 548 Posts

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/c...tion-head.html

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/c...head-redo.html

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/c...llet+head+redo

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/c...llet+head+redo
Old 06-17-2015, 03:07 PM
Registered

Received 76 Likes on 37 Posts

Pretty sure I have the wiring diagram on my computer at home. I'm out of the country right now, but will check when I get home (and you still need it by then).
Old 06-17-2015, 03:13 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 813 Likes on 376 Posts

Matt - I just emailed you what I have.
Old 06-17-2015, 03:46 PM
Registered

I got the email and have already printed everything out for my Cafe folder. Thank you very much Eric, that is a huge help.
Old 06-18-2015, 08:39 AM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

i would like to have the toilet seat cut out to free up some space for storage & have the macerator & holding/water tanks removed. Then i can have the hull fills/dumps removed & patched. Being on an inland lake, i cant flush overboard, & none of its ever been used anyway.