Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
Flatdeck for sale on POP Yachts   Anyone ever look at this boat, or know its history? >

Flatdeck for sale on POP Yachts Anyone ever look at this boat, or know its history?

Notices

Flatdeck for sale on POP Yachts Anyone ever look at this boat, or know its history?

Old 10-19-2015, 04:33 PM
Registered

Received 17 Likes on 3 Posts

Doug, those use to be the best runs to go on. Met so many great people and got to see some awesome boats. Anytime you are up in the area stop by the marina. I will look for that picture. It has mine in it years before I bought it.
Old 10-19-2015, 04:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by kreed
MRCIG and SONIC700......what are the top speed of your boats? Both beautiful rigs. Looking at the pics of both, Id have trouble choosing which boat to buy!
Thanks for the kind words. I can run mine up to the mid 70's. With some propping I would be able to get in the 80's. Mr.Cig is in the upper 60's
Old 10-20-2015, 07:17 AM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Biff
You know, I read and have read almost every thread on this site. I look at these older boats and love them. Then I go back and read the threads on rebuilding this, this broke, engine blew up, drives shot... It never ends. I was looking at the POP boat because it looked to be pretty stock, could hopefully gas it and go. But then as I studied the photos and as others have pointed out I start thinking about things I would want to do (paint, interior , sound, more power...) it starts to get overwhelming. Especially as everyone knows, nothing goes as planned, the more you get into things the more you find and the scope creep gets crazy. My goal is to be on the water. Not that I don't mind a project and get satisfaction from making things my way, but life gets in the way and a winter project can end up taking years to complete or you end up with so much frustration you hate the boat.
What to do?
Buy something that is turn key and pay more, probably not a bad way to go.
Buy something that is less up front but will take work and money to get it to where I want it. Probably sounds exciting now, but will be the death of me.
Buy a cruiser and just cocktail on it. Doesn't sound too bad. Some of the Cruisers are pretty nice and not that shabby WOT as they used to be (Formula's, Sunseekers..)

I am trying to learn form others. My father in law has been building an airplane for almost 30 years. His wife is on him all the time telling him he should have bought something ready to fly, spend the money, you only live once. He is now almost 80 years old. Still working on it, but health issues are keeping him from getting his certs. He missed his window. Should have bought the plane that was ready to go. But he is still working on it, must enjoy it. I want to go boating while I can still enjoy it, don't need to be the fastest, but love the classic Cigs that ride great in the rough.

What to do...
I have a turn key Sonic with a great ride, simple power, and you won't be rebuilding lol.
Old 10-20-2015, 07:40 AM
Registered

If it's a boat you will always have to rebuild something lol
Old 10-20-2015, 07:41 AM
(aka) Pure Adrenaline
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kreed
Doug...... any luck on selling yours?
A representative for the possible buyer is trying to brake free to look at it this week. Previous CIGARETTE owner and cant think of a better person I would like to have the boat. We'll see and thanks for asking.
Old 10-20-2015, 08:14 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,268 Likes on 1,463 Posts

Doug, I like your paint job
Old 10-20-2015, 08:56 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by sonic700
If it's a boat you will always have to rebuild something lol
2+ years in and zero rebuild lol.

I hear ya though. there is no such thing as a "no work" boat.
Old 10-20-2015, 09:19 AM
Registered

Those are a good 2 years then. I've been able to put mine away for the past 3 years since we rebuilt them. But I tear into everything else
Old 10-20-2015, 09:49 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by sonic700
Those are a good 2 years then. I've been able to put mine away for the past 3 years since we rebuilt them. But I tear into everything else
I.am running black 496 HO's so kind of different ball game lol.

One day I do plan to go back to an I/o boat (something old school style) and when I do I fully plan on having some rebuild threads
Old 10-20-2015, 10:24 AM
Registered

Received 765 Likes on 413 Posts

This boat was docked with us at Camden on the Lake in June. You will not find a cleaner flat deck.
Attached Thumbnails Flatdeck for sale on POP Yachts   Anyone ever look at this boat, or know its history?-85-flatty.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.