Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
Is this Speed Racer?  Tank?  LS/Jr? >

Is this Speed Racer? Tank? LS/Jr?

Notices

Is this Speed Racer? Tank? LS/Jr?

Old 01-26-2016, 07:23 AM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

Derek put a set of my Trim-Sticks in it too. Looks great.

https://www.facebook.com/topgunmarin...type=3&theater

Last edited by Underdog88; 01-26-2016 at 09:50 AM.
Old 01-26-2016, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 3,219 Likes on 1,044 Posts

Originally Posted by Boomer35
It's not Maxx
Hey boomer, is it you or your buddy that has maxx? Did it ever get re-done? Last I saw it, in person, it was in key west in like 05 and still had the blower motors in it. But the last pics I saw of it a few years back it was de-rigged and in kinda in rough shape. Prime for a rebuild.
Old 01-26-2016, 10:26 AM
Registered

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

VERY nice! Aside from seeing the exhaust holes from the exhaust hole cutouts from the inside, its a 10!
Old 01-26-2016, 06:57 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I recently bought the boat and it now resides in Florida. It came with no power, and the gimbals we're pretty wore out so I removed them, then of course I got into everything and removed everything in the engine room so I can repaint it. Then I removed all the upholstery and brought it to fineline down south. Typical fix 1 thing and add power gone bad, but I enjoy this part of boating as much as I do actually boating, well almost as much!! At this point the project has slowed way down but I will get it going eventually.

I bounced back and forth with repainting the boat, but I agree with what is said above it's a unique boat from a unique era so I'm going to leave it alone. This decision was confirmed a few months ago when I called around for paint prices.

Last edited by Boomer35; 01-26-2016 at 07:00 PM.
Old 01-27-2016, 08:55 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Boomer35
I recently bought the boat and it now resides in Florida. It came with no power, and the gimbals we're pretty wore out so I removed them, then of course I got into everything and removed everything in the engine room so I can repaint it. Then I removed all the upholstery and brought it to fineline down south. Typical fix 1 thing and add power gone bad, but I enjoy this part of boating as much as I do actually boating, well almost as much!! At this point the project has slowed way down but I will get it going eventually.

I bounced back and forth with repainting the boat, but I agree with what is said above it's a unique boat from a unique era so I'm going to leave it alone. This decision was confirmed a few months ago when I called around for paint prices.

That's cool. I thought it was you or a friend that owned it.

They're cool, rare boats, with interesting history that kinda sets them apart from a standard top gun.

Labor of love man. I'll look forward to seeing it when you're done.

The virgin boat recently changed hands but is staying in so cal. And the Lipship world champion boat that lucky strike owned really hasn't been seen since he sold it. It's unfortunately tucked away somewhere in Arizona.
Old 01-27-2016, 09:46 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,248 Likes on 541 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
...And the Lipship world champion boat that lucky strike owned really hasn't been seen since he sold it. It's unfortunately tucked away somewhere in Arizona.
That's probably a good thing. I've never seen it run gently; and definitely not when I was on it. It probably needs a nap.
When Gary and I took it through Government Cut, the stereo fell in the dash and was stuck down on the cockpit floor, jammed with the same CD; which we had to listen to, over and over and over and...
Old 01-27-2016, 10:40 AM
Registered

Received 116 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
That's probably a good thing. I've never seen it run gently; and definitely not when I was on it. It probably needs a nap.
When Gary and I took it through Government Cut, the stereo fell in the dash and was stuck down on the cockpit floor, jammed with the same CD; which we had to listen to, over and over and over and...
You seem to have a lot of experience riding on a lot of different brand boats. I realize that your linked to ActiveThunder, but whats your take on comparing a 38 Top Gun to a 37 AT when you get into some rough water? You always seem to be pretty fair when talking about Cigarette so I was curious seeing Ive never been on an AT.....
Old 01-27-2016, 10:48 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,248 Likes on 541 Posts

Originally Posted by kreed
You seem to have a lot of experience riding on a lot of different brand boats. I realize that your linked to ActiveThunder, but whats your take on comparing a 38 Top Gun to a 37 AT when you get into some rough water? You always seem to be pretty fair when talking about Cigarette so I was curious seeing Ive never been on an AT.....
Kevin,
Are you coming to Miami?
All of my thoughts/comments would be public, but this is best discussed over spirits.
Old 01-27-2016, 10:57 AM
Registered

Received 116 Likes on 71 Posts

Kevin,
Are you coming to Miami?
All of my thoughts/comments would be public, but this is best discussed over spirits.
Hahaha...not anytime soon. But I understand what your saying. Ill let you know when my FLA flight is booked...
Old 01-27-2016, 12:02 PM
Registered

LOL...Gary ran that thing like it was meant to be run. Of course, so did Steve.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.