2006 Cigarette 39 Top Gun Purchase

Notices

2006 Cigarette 39 Top Gun Purchase

Old 06-09-2016, 02:13 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Wow, that boat is Amazing! Nice work brentadkins!

I agree on the trailer upgrade. If you are not keeping it on a lift, you are going to want a trailer that is going to load a lot easier. At a minimum, a split bow stand upgrade will help a lot and be better on your paint; especially since I bet you winch the boat on rather than drive it on. Something that works for me: spray the bow stand/roller down with spray wax before you retrieve the boat. This lubricates what touches the boat (and your paint), and whatever residue is left on the boat is just wax that wipes right off. This is the product I swear by:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/lqp-0140/overview/
http://www.amazon.com/Liquid-Perform...=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

I also use it to remove the scum line as soon as the boat comes out of the water too.
Good info, thanks
Old 06-09-2016, 03:13 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 282 Likes on 117 Posts

Any luck dialing your props? Looks like I am going to be running my 525's another year with arnesons on. Should be able to give a true speed pick up with same power. Sucks having to buy a set of props for 525's for one season.
Old 06-09-2016, 03:39 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Drake22.250
Any luck dialing your props? Looks like I am going to be running my 525's another year with arnesons on. Should be able to give a true speed pick up with same power. Sucks having to buy a set of props for 525's for one season.
Not yet. I ran the Tickfaw 200 and got a good feel where I was at, but hit something underwater and had to send the props off to be repaired. One thing I was having an issue with was my ability to idle. Out of gear, the RPM was in the 900 to 1100 range if I remember correctly. But when I put it in gear with those big props, it would drag the RPM down to the 500 to 600 range, which would kill the motor more often than not. When I get all of the parts back, I am going to try to get in with Mark Boos at Precision Marine to see if there is something he can do. One thing is for sure, the RPM at idle is too low. On a bright note, taking off and running on plane was quite easy, and the ability to pass by people with ease was nice (not to mention the massive rooster tail following behind)
Old 06-09-2016, 04:25 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 632 Likes on 293 Posts

[QUOTE=brentadkinsnice (not to mention the massive rooster tail following behind)[/QUOTE]

That right there is all that Matters lol