Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
Twin step T/G Speeds >

Twin step T/G Speeds

Notices

Twin step T/G Speeds

Old 11-02-2016, 12:43 PM
Registered

Received 467 Likes on 212 Posts

With Arnesons, are you "stuck" with whatever prop shaft height you end up with on install/mounting height? That can be real tricky on the older hulls with custom combinations....
Old 11-03-2016, 10:43 PM
sre
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My buddy's TG with 598 Zuls about 725HP with Xrs an d Imco lowers runs 98-100 .
Old 11-03-2016, 10:45 PM
sre
Registered

My buddy's TG with 598 Zuls about 725HP with Xrs and sportmaster lowers runs 98-100 .
Old 11-03-2016, 10:48 PM
sre
Registered

This one here

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...un-o67239.html

Last edited by sre; 11-03-2016 at 10:50 PM.
Old 11-04-2016, 09:31 AM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by frickstyle
With Arnesons, are you "stuck" with whatever prop shaft height you end up with on install/mounting height? That can be real tricky on the older hulls with custom combinations....
The prop shaft height is adjustable as it has hydraulic trim. The transom mounting heights are fixed as the drives are bolted to the transom so ass u ming that the installer installed the Arnesons correctly then all is good.
Old 11-05-2016, 10:04 AM
Registered

Received 467 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by Rik
The prop shaft height is adjustable as it has hydraulic trim. The transom mounting heights are fixed as the drives are bolted to the transom so ass u ming that the installer installed the Arnesons correctly then all is good.
Right, I understand the trim, but that comes with "angle" similar to a conventional outdrive. I guess my question was more like having adjustability on boxes, there really is none with the arneson design and no way to add "spacers" like a bravo or SSM derived design. you answered my question. The only way to adjust "true" prop shaft height would be to re-glass transom, drill holes and re-mount drives, correct? So it's very dependent on initial setup. Do you offer proven mounting templates for these hulls?

How is the plug-in? Can you run a driveshaft into the drive? Engine -> Trans -> Driveshaft -> Input shaft of the Arneson ? (Using the previous SSM setup / rigging)? Do engines need to move "down"?

Last edited by frickstyle; 11-05-2016 at 10:06 AM.
Old 11-05-2016, 09:35 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

these are some good running boats
Old 11-06-2016, 05:08 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Right, I understand the trim, but that comes with "angle" similar to a conventional outdrive. I guess my question was more like having adjustability on boxes, there really is none with the arneson design and no way to add "spacers" like a bravo or SSM derived design. you answered my question. The only way to adjust "true" prop shaft height would be to re-glass transom, drill holes and re-mount drives, correct? So it's very dependent on initial setup. Do you offer proven mounting templates for these hulls?

How is the plug-in? Can you run a driveshaft into the drive? Engine -> Trans -> Driveshaft -> Input shaft of the Arneson ? (Using the previous SSM setup / rigging)? Do engines need to move "down"?
We have a drill template that lays it out really good. It places the drive in the correct location. No need to have to redrill the transom.

Drive line setup is easy as the input shaft just accepts the drive line yoke. Real easy.

The engine placement is "dependent upon" where it's at. There are so many different X dimensions on each boat that it's difficult to say off hand. The engines do seem to drop though by an inch or two normally.
Old 11-06-2016, 06:17 PM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts

On my boat a 1 degree change in prop shaft angle results in a half inch of vertical prop height change. When rigging Arnesons get them as low as you can without dragging the socket in the water too much.
Old 11-07-2016, 11:09 AM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

[ATTACH=CONFIG]561277[/ATTACH]

Here is how they are mounted
Attached Thumbnails Twin step T/G Speeds-38-cigarette-top-gun.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.