Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
Beginner Cigarette Questions >

Beginner Cigarette Questions

Notices

Beginner Cigarette Questions

Old 03-02-2017, 06:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unfortunately I can't post pics, but if you go to Boattrader.com and search on 1999 Cigarette in Michigan you'll see it. Ad says single step hull, but obviously that's wrong. The strakes have been modified so that there are 2 sections of the strakes taken out (not cut out - looks like it was molded that way). Not sure of any speed increase from this (if any) but from my research looks like an experiment that Phil (lip-ship) was doing at the time.
Old 03-02-2017, 07:43 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,161 Likes on 496 Posts

Originally Posted by louisa6
Unfortunately I can't post pics, but if you go to Boattrader.com and search on 1999 Cigarette in Michigan you'll see it. Ad says single step hull, but obviously that's wrong. The strakes have been modified so that there are 2 sections of the strakes taken out (not cut out - looks like it was molded that way). Not sure of any speed increase from this (if any) but from my research looks like an experiment that Phil (lip-ship) was doing at the time.
That boat came up on a previous thread and thisistank said pretty much that (if my memory is correct)........ Bit of an experiment at Lipship that didn't make any difference.

Enjoy!

RR

[ATTACH=CONFIG]565194[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Beginner Cigarette Questions-image.jpeg  

Last edited by rak rua; 03-02-2017 at 08:03 AM.
Old 03-02-2017, 10:34 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Congrats Bud, a cool looking boat with those funky chines. Now you own a piece of history, makes you notorious Dude!
Old 03-02-2017, 10:56 AM
Registered

Received 3,258 Likes on 1,054 Posts

Originally Posted by rak rua
That boat came up on a previous thread and thisistank said pretty much that (if my memory is correct)........ Bit of an experiment at Lipship that didn't make any difference.

Enjoy!

RR

[ATTACH=CONFIG]565194[/ATTACH]
Yes, exactly. No better, no worse.
Old 03-02-2017, 12:33 PM
Registered

good luck nice boat when you hit 1/4 tank on fuel run to a gas station fast.
Old 03-02-2017, 07:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by trannyjoe
good luck nice boat when you hit 1/4 tank on fuel run to a gas station fast.
Very true. I found out the hard way in my 1995!
Old 03-02-2017, 08:02 PM
Registered

Received 396 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
Yes, exactly. No better, no worse.
See post #5. Always like going back and reading that thread for a refresher.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/c...-vs-ts-tg.html
Old 03-02-2017, 08:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by J-Bonz
See post #5. Always like going back and reading that thread for a refresher.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/c...-vs-ts-tg.html

Great old thread. I used to get into it with Rob about "the first twin step". Miami Two Step was the first actual TS (built for Chet Huffman and currently on the market from the second owner) but it was from the old molds. Robs "Rice Hauler" was the first TS from the new molds that was actually a true TS, not modified mold.

This boat that Luisa6 bought, was a project Phil messed with before steps were brought on. He was playing with the idea of steps and aerating the hull but it didn't do anything to step the strakes. I talked to him about it when it came up a long time ago. That boat is part of the evolutionary process into steps.
Old 03-16-2017, 07:37 PM
Registered

Received 396 Likes on 221 Posts

I remember first time seeing Chet's boat was on a lip ship extravaganza video Rob let us barrow. It was amazing seeing the speed out of that boat compared to all the straight bottom guns! I did get to crawl in it when it was for sale at Typhoon in Tom's River, NJ back in 06.
Old 03-16-2017, 07:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by J-Bonz
I remember first time seeing Chet's boat was on a lip ship extravaganza video Rob let us barrow. It was amazing seeing the speed out of that boat compared to all the straight bottom guns! I did get to crawl in it when it was for sale at Typhoon in Tom's River, NJ back in 06.
It's for sale right now. I'd love to buy it. Always loved that boat and had some good times on it. The Zuls were/are bad azz and I love Zuls motors but the original 575's with all the hard stainless steel tubing was freakin cool as hell.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.