Old 03-17-2017, 10:37 PM
Registered

Received 52 Likes on 27 Posts

Old 03-19-2017, 09:03 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 813 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by rak rua
Will the Hammer bite the Bullet and go Marauding back to his Mistress?

Maybe he'll seek out a Huntress, a real Rough Riding Gladiator? Perhaps he'll run the Decathlon like some Top Gun pilot with a nasty Vice stopping only for a coffee with a sexy Tiger at a nearby Cafe? As the Mystique deepens, we await his next move.........
Well done - ecspecially from a fountain guy!!
Old 03-20-2017, 06:01 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ham_r_down01
My girlfriend of 15 years just moved out. She isn't happy anymore. We haven't been fighting, It's something going on in her head, and she's trying to figure herself out. No kids, I wish we would have got married and had them. We finally talked the other day about some things, without her yelling. She was so hurt over the years of disappointment, because of not asking to marry her. She wanted nothing more than to be married to me, I don't know why lol. Honestly, if I could go back I'd marry her and payed more attention to her. She's my best friend, a very simple girl, low maintenance. I miss her unbelievably.

I hope you have a great marriage. Boats and cars are just possessions, there's all kinds of them out there. There are only so many once in a lifetime women.

Sorry if I'm off topic, but it helps to talk about it, and don't make the mistakes I did.
Sorry to hear man. I hope things work out for you one way or another.

Not sure if I want to give you a friendly hug or a big slap in the face!

Give her some space and leave the lines of communication open but don't get back together if you dont really know why you broke up because nothing has changed. Maybe your new views on marriage is all she wants and she worked out how to hold you to ransom? The silent ultimatum..... Clever girl.

Sorry to the OP, we're taking a 'love break' from boats.

Good luck.

RR
I wouldn't call it a love break. It has been a long couple years in general. I do have a wedding to plan and we are both excited about it, but I also lost my mom January 2nd to leukemia and its been a lot going on with that and trying to work through her estate. The fiance and I are also going to be buying a house so with everything going on it makes the most sense to sell since it won't be used much at all for a few years. Plus its my excuse to go bigger next time haha. She's already said "Will the bigger one be kid friendly?" haha

Originally Posted by thisistank
I'm still looking for the ad for this bullet.
It's coming man haha. My thread is more of a venting since I know its going to happen. With the boat still winterized and put away I figured I'd start an ad by April just to know the weather will start getting a little better and be able to actually show the boat..
Old 03-20-2017, 06:38 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,161 Likes on 496 Posts

Originally Posted by sleev-les

I wouldn't call it a love break. It has been a long couple years in general. I do have a wedding to plan and we are both excited about it, but I also lost my mom January 2nd to leukemia and its been a lot going on with that and trying to work through her estate. The fiance and I are also going to be buying a house so with everything going on it makes the most sense to sell since it won't be used much at all for a few years. Plus its my excuse to go bigger next time haha. She's already said "Will the bigger one be kid friendly?" haha

D
Mate, sorry about your mom, doesn't matter how much we think it over, there's no way to prepare for the passing of parents.

Since we're spilling the beans about family v. boats and such, at 52 years of age, I'm finally about to become a father and I'm boatless. A baby in April, a new house to be finished in June and I'm boat shopping!

Do I buy a family boat hoping the little bub will like boats? Do I buy a 'filler' just to get me on the water for a few years or do I just say stuff it! My girlfriend doesn't really like boats and will probably influence our daughter accordingly so I should be totally selfish and just buy something that makes ME happy?

Just make sure if you sell, there is a separate 'boat fund' with enough money to buy something nice down the track. My girlfriend doesn't know about my money but she does know there's money for a boat and always will be!

Good luck with your plans, sounds like your GF is cool about boats so that's a big plus.

Cheers!
RR
Old 03-20-2017, 06:47 AM
Registered

Mate, sorry about your mom, doesn't matter how much we think it over, there's no way to prepare for the passing of parents.

Since we're spilling the beans about family v. boats and such, at 52 years of age, I'm finally about to become a father and I'm boatless. A baby in April, a new house to be finished in June and I'm boat shopping!

Do I buy a family boat hoping the little bub will like boats? Do I buy a 'filler' just to get me on the water for a few years or do I just say stuff it! My girlfriend doesn't really like boats and will probably influence our daughter accordingly so I should be totally selfish and just buy something that makes ME happy?

Just make sure if you sell, there is a separate 'boat fund' with enough money to buy something nice down the track. My girlfriend doesn't know about my money but she does know there's money for a boat and always will be!

Good luck with your plans, sounds like your GF is cool about boats so that's a big plus.

Cheers!
RR
Mom was only 62. She fought as long as she could... Its hard dealing with the estate. It doesn't feel right..

She loves boating. We are just going a little more manageable for family and the dog. I like the Donzi centers so they still have a bathroom and I can get it with the small cuddy if I really want one. The outboards won't give me the sound from the BB's, but I can still cruise at a decent speed and not be the slow guy on the water. The Chesapeake is pretty big and we like to be able to go different places

Last edited by sleev-les; 03-20-2017 at 06:50 AM.
Old 03-20-2017, 01:02 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I didn't have a boat....got married, then got a boat.

Then I had a kid and got a bigger and faster boat.

Then I had another kid and got an even bigger and faster boat.

Works for me.
Old 03-20-2017, 01:47 PM
Registered

Received 893 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by Wasted Income
I didn't have a boat....got married, then got a boat.

Then I had a kid and got a bigger and faster boat.

Then I had another kid and got an even bigger and faster boat.

Works for me.
Funny, our boat history has gone similarly. When my wife told me she was pregnant the first time one of the first things I said was "we're going to need a bigger boat". Now with the second kiddo I told her we're going to need more HP just to haul all the baby bags, lol, viola repower. Point being kids can be great leverage!
Old 03-20-2017, 02:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Will the Hammer bite the Bullet and go Marauding back to his Mistress?

Maybe he'll seek out a Huntress, a real Rough Riding Gladiator? Perhaps he'll run the Decathlon like some Top Gun pilot with a nasty Vice stopping only for a coffee with a sexy Tiger at a nearby Cafe? As the Mystique deepens, we await his next move.........
I see what you did there. Very clever indeed for an expatriated Fountain guy. Bravo.

Hey, Dr. Phil called and.... Nevermind OP is tryn to sell a boat. LMFAO

Edit: You should bring the boat to LOTO for the PBC Cigarette Rendezvous 6/17. With a for sale sign on it. You and your girl get to attend an awesome event and you sell the boat. Cool way to exit the brand so to speak.

Last edited by Hook'em; 03-20-2017 at 05:46 PM.
Old 04-12-2017, 09:39 AM
Registered

Ad is up...

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...le-o69113.html

I need to add more pictures when i get home, but I wanted to get it listed this week.