Old 06-11-2018, 12:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default speed kills trailer is up

Old 06-11-2018, 12:18 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 1,066 Likes on 536 Posts

looks lile something i'd go see from the trailer...but i thought this was about Don Aronow...not Ben Aronoff???

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 06-11-2018, 12:26 PM
Registered

They changed the name for the movie
Old 06-11-2018, 12:57 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,297 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by Wally
looks lile something i'd go see from the trailer...but i thought this was about Don Aronow...not Ben Aronoff???
i wont see it, if they couldn't get Michael Aronow to be a part of it there must be a reason...
Old 06-11-2018, 01:05 PM
Registered

Ben Aronoff...he's the father of Cigarillo performance boats, right?
Old 06-11-2018, 02:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you guys crap me up. yes it's a movie...not a documentary. it's merely "based" off true events, therefore they can take liberties with the story in attempt to create what they believe to be a more entertaining storyline, at the end of the day we all know we're all going to go see it because we're all diseased and desperate to see a movie that puts go-fasts on the big screen. so quit your *****ing, accept your going to watch it, accept that it's not the 5 hour long super detailed documentary that no one but us weirdos want to watch and enjoy what I hope to be a fantastic man-gasm when the sound of a cigarette flys by on a big screen in HD sound
Old 06-11-2018, 04:12 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 809 Likes on 263 Posts

This may, or may not, be a good movie. I have my doubts. But I'll go anyway. And so should you. If you want GOOD movies with boats we need to see every movie with boats. Then email the studio or write a review(or Facebook post) stating what you may or may not like about the actual movie BUT RAVING ABOUT THE BOAT SCENES. I don't care if it technically accurate since maybe 10k people in the world would actually know. The more money the movie makes the better the chance another will get made. We all know Bad Boys 3 is in the works. Maybe Michael Bay will see the enthusiasm about the boats and add a good part to BB3. Be as supportive as you can. Who knows, maybe we will all be surprised and it will be good and inspire a few new people to join our sport.
Old 06-11-2018, 04:34 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good enough, I'll be watching!
Old 06-11-2018, 04:52 PM
Registered

Received 147 Likes on 60 Posts

Let's see here, It's not a chick flick/love story/drama/crying crap, it's not some boring documentary, it's not dinner with the neighbors you hate, it's a movie with guns, (both bang bang and Cigs), Boats, cars, chicks, bikinis, corruption and all the cool chit we like. I'm in, and for once I can drag my wife to see something she wouldn't care to see and make her sit through it. BONUS! lol
Old 06-11-2018, 08:13 PM
Registered

Received 3,258 Likes on 1,054 Posts

They took liberties with the true story. I really don't understand why. The true story of Don is pretty amazing and an edge of your seat tail. I guess Hollywood in their infinant wisdom felt showing "Ben Arfanoff" laundering money for the mob was a better hook for audiences. Whatever, I'll still go check it out and see the boats, etc.

I really wish they could've got the story sold to the big production companies. Scot-Free Pictures was looking at it very seriously a few years back. They had a script based off of Michaels book and were doing some re-writes / screen writes but were not happy with the final product and moved on. If Scot-Free would've picked it up it would've been, Goodfellas, American Gangster, quality production. With that said, I'm sure this movie will be entertaining.

Last edited by thisistank; 06-11-2018 at 08:16 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.