Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
Cigarette Topgun >

Cigarette Topgun

Notices

Cigarette Topgun

Old 11-17-2019, 07:52 AM
Registered

Received 802 Likes on 311 Posts

So let’s talk about how to cut up tanks........ I don’t want to cut up rear bulk head to get them out considering I just got done with all the body work. So let’s hear the goodIdeas how to get the things cut up and out of there without blowing myself in the boat in the shop up all the same time
Old 11-20-2019, 03:34 PM
Registered

Let’s also talk about this cabin this is going to be the boat I keep for a while and while we do not usually ever overnight in this boat as we have a place to sleep on the island this boat is usually used to go from point a to point B sometimes the lake a snotty sometimes it is nice these 1990 style top guns with this liner in them no matter what you do they seem to crack and want to move I am really leaning towards cutting this entire liner out putting three forward for bulkheads that run from the deck down to the stringers to support this thing at a few more cross braces with the help of Glass Dave‘s expertise and make this boat Like the race boats I can always put a small cover girl style set of couches or beds in towards the cabin door for the future but I think it would be nice to have this thing Stephen up a little bit some extra bulkheads added down there lose some more weight and this boat should really fly inputs please.
Old 11-20-2019, 04:45 PM
Registered

Received 693 Likes on 277 Posts

I helped cut a tank out of an apache ...We just filled the tank with water so no vapors would go boom, then attacked it with cutting wheels....fyi the harbor frieght cut off wheels suck....they just made a mess. used some good wheels and it went right thru it.
Old 11-20-2019, 05:54 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,297 Likes on 449 Posts

once the floor of my tiger was up, my tanks lifted out whole. you will have to unbolt your helms. but if you are working with Dave, you can put the upgraded ones that he made helm molds for like on justins and the yellow gun.

Last edited by offshoredrillin; 11-20-2019 at 06:08 PM.
Old 11-20-2019, 08:21 PM
Registered

Unfortunately the top gun tanks go under the floor in the rear and also under a lip in the front. All my dash caps are out. We’re going to cut tanks and put new ones in that are a bit shorter so they can slip in. Going to replace the three fuel tank stringers and make sure all drains are good and clean. I think I have decided to make a race cabin with a cover girl style bed and do away with the liner. We don’t over night and all these boats have cracked liners. They shift and beat up the sides. Going to put 3 full bulk heads in that do from the deck down the stringers. I have the new style dash’s from Dave’s already ran them in the boat for a few seasons. Love them .
Old 11-21-2019, 05:50 AM
Registered

Received 396 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by division1
Let’s also talk about this cabin this is going to be the boat I keep for a while and while we do not usually ever overnight in this boat as we have a place to sleep on the island this boat is usually used to go from point a to point B sometimes the lake a snotty sometimes it is nice these 1990 style top guns with this liner in them no matter what you do they seem to crack and want to move I am really leaning towards cutting this entire liner out putting three forward for bulkheads that run from the deck down to the stringers to support this thing at a few more cross braces with the help of Glass Dave‘s expertise and make this boat Like the race boats I can always put a small cover girl style set of couches or beds in towards the cabin door for the future but I think it would be nice to have this thing Stephen up a little bit some extra bulkheads added down there lose some more weight and this boat should really fly inputs please.
I would reach out to member Baronmarine on this. This is what he did o his gun.

Flat bottom 38 cabin removal
Old 11-21-2019, 06:46 AM
Registered

Thanks so much I’ve been hunting for a thread in this !!! I will reach out thanks again !!!
Old 11-21-2019, 03:49 PM
Registered

Well the fun has begun. After a lot of thinking I’ve decided we can improve a lot on the strength of the boat without that liner. 3 ceiling to floor bulk heads and some stringer braces it will be a soiled ride. Looks to be fairly basic to build the benches and a small bed back in there. I’ll run it this summer and drop it off at Xt and let them finish off Inside next winter let the fiberglass fly
Old 11-21-2019, 03:50 PM
Registered

Old 11-22-2019, 05:40 PM
Registered

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.