Cigarette Topgun >

Cigarette Topgun

Notices

Cigarette Topgun

Old 01-01-2020, 07:06 PM
Registered

Received 802 Likes on 311 Posts

Main stringer on port side in cabin

4 hours later a few carbon blades on the isolatior tool 12 pack of Pepsi and a lot of thinking “what the hell am I doing” I got all the port side cabin stringers out
Old 01-01-2020, 07:07 PM
Registered

Anyone in the Cleveland area have a few screw jacks I could use for a few weeks. I’d like to put a few more under it to make sure it’s supported real good before I glass new stuff in
Old 01-02-2020, 07:14 AM
Registered

Received 478 Likes on 219 Posts

I have four sitting not being used if you need them.
Old 01-02-2020, 07:52 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,297 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by division1
Anyone in the Cleveland area have a few screw jacks I could use for a few weeks. I’d like to put a few more under it to make sure it’s supported real good before I glass new stuff in
what type of trailer do you have. mycos are built for the bottom and support it fully, if you have one let it sit on there. you can level it with jacks and have full support. When mark at rage did my tanks and he cut the floor out the boat it snapped back into shape, whomever did the second set of tanks put it together under a bind.
The following users liked this post:
Tartilla (04-15-2024)
Old 01-02-2020, 08:07 AM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts

Make sure you support that hull well. The trailer is not enough.
Old 01-02-2020, 08:51 AM
Registered

OK so this is been my biggest concern now that every stringer is cut out of this boat right now I have 2 stands at the far back 2 stands midship in the keel sitting on a block in one spot towards the front my trailer is a bottom support bunk trailer that does seem to have a lot of areas where it supports the boat is it best to put it back on trailer if I do that I cannot use stand anywhere or do I just use for stands for side and try to support the Keal. My concern is what if the trailer is a bit unleavened or not built to square the boat ran very well before and the bottom is blue printed so I would like to not glassy hook back into it lol I was thinking just a bunch of stands get a supported and go from there
Old 01-02-2020, 09:10 AM
Registered

Frick if I can use them That would be great!!!
Old 01-02-2020, 10:03 AM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts

What I did was probably overkill.

I used 12 stands and supported the keel in three places.
I only worked one section of the boat at a time, so I didn't remove all of the inner hull support.
Old 01-02-2020, 10:25 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,297 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by division1
OK so this is been my biggest concern now that every stringer is cut out of this boat right now I have 2 stands at the far back 2 stands midship in the keel sitting on a block in one spot towards the front my trailer is a bottom support bunk trailer that does seem to have a lot of areas where it supports the boat is it best to put it back on trailer if I do that I cannot use stand anywhere or do I just use for stands for side and try to support the Keal. My concern is what if the trailer is a bit unleavened or not built to square the boat ran very well before and the bottom is blue printed so I would like to not glassy hook back into it lol I was thinking just a bunch of stands get a supported and go from there
use the trailer as your base as the full trailer will be much sturdier with cross gussets, or see if someone has a myco for a top gun that you can borrow or rent. put the trailer on the stands (tires off ground, or pressure off them) to create a solid platform. level the trailer on the stands, similar to a frame stand in a car shop.

Last edited by offshoredrillin; 01-02-2020 at 10:28 AM.
Old 01-14-2020, 09:00 AM
Registered

Received 51 Likes on 31 Posts

Eric gets to have all the fun

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.