Help me understand gun pricing >

Help me understand gun pricing

Notices

Help me understand gun pricing

Old 04-27-2019, 12:09 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 137 Posts

damn don't think the link works...loaded up it said average retail on an 01 is 101,000
Old 04-27-2019, 12:22 PM
Registered

Received 166 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by BBYSTWY
damn don't think the link works...loaded up it said average retail on an 01 is 101,000
We deal with this in the car business.

Customer: “KBB says your car is worth $12,000 and you want $16,000”

Me: “Go ask KBB where you can find the car for that” or “Have you seen a car like that for that price?” the answer is always, “well, no”

Just because a boat has a book value of X doesn’t mean it’s only worth that. Yes, if you have to finance it you’ll probably have to put more $ down because the boats are worth a lot more then book value.
Old 04-27-2019, 01:31 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Oh no I totally get that but someone like myself is going to play hell getting one financed with a loan to value that far upside down...again I realize they are worth more than what NADA says but when I bought my current boat that is what my credit union used for value was NADA and they would not finance over 95% LTV no matter who you are or how good your credit is....was just getting some more clarification is all...not trying to turn this into a sh!tshow thread lol...I know that the vast majority are probably worth every penny they are asking but I compare this purchase to be almost as significant as my house purchase was so just doing as much research as I can from you guys that have bought one or several of these boats that's all. No disrespect intended
Old 04-27-2019, 01:57 PM
Registered

Received 301 Likes on 144 Posts

I am never offended with a low ball bonafide offer. If the guys says I’ll be there with a check tomorrow for X amount, then I am never offended. Now on the other hand, a guy could tell me he is going to pay my asking price, ask for a million pictures, waste my time and never produce. That is what would piss me off a lot more than the guy who calls and makes you a legit low ball offer and doesn’t waste your time. Hell I’ll even cut the price more if they can close quicker and don’t require a sea trial or survey. Just an easier all around deal makes me let the boat go that much lower. The more stuff a buyer asks for or demands the higher I keep the price.
Old 04-27-2019, 02:07 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Good point
Old 04-27-2019, 03:58 PM
Registered

Received 234 Likes on 81 Posts

What made you decide that you want a gun next?
Old 04-27-2019, 04:11 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Rough water capability and comfortable cruising...same as everyone I would assume...my heat is ok but I have to watch the weather/waves to make sure I'm not going to beat it or myself to death lol. I'm sure I could get what I'm looking for at a better price from a different brand but I've wanted a gun since I was a kid...love the looks, the history, everything....which I realize you have to pay more for that list of likes/wants haha

A straight bottom would suit me just fine and honestly cruise speed is more important to me than top speed but I would like to run 80 if I wanted to and I'm concerned about the reliability of the HP its going to take to push one to 80...then of course there's the drives to think about lol

My interest is also peaked for a flat deck that's for sale semi close to me but no way I could finance a boat as old as this one and I don't have that kind of money laying around so I started looking a little newer and saw the huge price difference between straight bottoms and T/S and figured I would ask the experts here about it
Old 04-27-2019, 04:26 PM
Registered

Received 747 Likes on 338 Posts

How many dealers will tell you your car/boat is worth more than blue book when trying to trade it in ?
Old 04-27-2019, 04:29 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

If you find one please let everyone know lol
Old 04-27-2019, 05:16 PM
Registered

Received 301 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by BBYSTWY
If you find one please let everyone know lol
What is your budget?? Forget the TS vs Straight bottom argument, what are you willing to spend? Honestly with the crazy numbers the Cigs are bringing regardless of age, you are probably better off looking at other brands that will do most, if not everything better than a TG, but don’t say “Cigarette” on the side so you pay a lot less.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.