Help me understand gun pricing >

Help me understand gun pricing

Notices

Help me understand gun pricing

Old 04-27-2019, 05:21 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 137 Posts

Yea I realize that...wanted to be around 100 maybe less maybe a little more if its the right boat...I just know that at the end of the day I'd probably still want a gun...maybe just roll around in mine for a bit longer than I hoped and save some loot and go from there....I'm in no huge hurry mine will be just fine for the time being really...just have to watch the weather forecast hahaha
Old 04-27-2019, 07:26 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts

BBYSTWY , I run a 1995 Cig flat deck with 605 cu with naturally aspirated motors that put out approx 725 horses . It has number 5 drives and will run 76mph . With a bit of tweaking it shd hit eighty . I have had Formula's and big Scarab's this bost is by far the most fun . I will agree it is all about the cruise and not the top speed . If you find a solid older cig with decent power and SSM drives and don't beat on it you will find that they will give you a lot of years pleasure with minimal grief . Other than routine maintenance i really haven't spent a lot of dough on it in the past 3/4 years .There was a thread on here a few years back discussing the pros and cons of stepped and non stepped hulls and I think the science proved that stepped hulls were only about 10 % faster on flat water and no real advantage in big water . The other big contributing factor was reduced weight due to improved construction methods . ( but lighter boats don't crush waves like big old resin buckets did think 41 Apache) What got lost in this discussion is that although the newer stepped hulls are more efficient and may cost less to operate is it worth playing 100k more and how much better off will you be in the long run . It is an interesting discussion though I always seem to learn new things here all the time . Cheers RG.

Last edited by Rick G; 04-27-2019 at 07:35 PM.
Old 04-27-2019, 07:45 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,165 Likes on 1,409 Posts

92 Kevlar TG Smith power 540's and #5's......my old boat pretty sure its still for sale. if you're serious about buying a TG you need to have the cash in hand to make the deal

Last edited by F-2 Speedy; 04-27-2019 at 08:16 PM.
Old 04-27-2019, 08:47 PM
Registered

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

https://flint.craigslist.org/boa/d/s...873661490.html

well, this should be cheap enough. 😀
Old 04-27-2019, 09:00 PM
Registered

Received 391 Likes on 220 Posts

Originally Posted by Alwhite00
https://flint.craigslist.org/boa/d/s...873661490.html

well, this should be cheap enough. 😀
thats a known scam
Old 04-27-2019, 10:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Supply and Demand. You get what you pay for with a HP boat more often than not. I’ve owned both a straight bottom and TS 38 Gun. The TS is hands down the better handling, enjoyable drivers boat. Straight bottom isn’t a bad boat by any means. Just not the performance, efficiency, handling and updates you get with a TS. It costs a load of money and time to update and maintain these boat (I’ve experienced it) which is why quality used inventory for sale will likely continue to bring a premium. Compare to a new model. You can pay a premium for a used model that is still more than 1/2 less than cost new and you essentially get about the same product.....buying used.
Old 04-28-2019, 01:10 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,890 Likes on 950 Posts

TS Top Gun pricing is way up because of the demand at LOTO. Prices on the same exact TS Guns is higher now than it was 10 years ago.
I know several 2001-2004's that sold for 120-130k 10 years ago and some in the very low 100k's and now they are going for 150k.
Keep in mind the listed prices are not cash prices.
Its the same thing car dealers do. Boat 1 has a cash value of 120k and listed at 140k. Boat 2 has a cash value of 150k and listed at 175k.
Boat 1 is traded in on boat 2 and contract shows Boat 2 bought for 175k with a 140k trade. Now dealer list boat 1 for sale at 150k and says he gave 140k on it when he took it on trade.
Old 04-28-2019, 06:29 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Rick G
BBYSTWY , I run a 1995 Cig flat deck with 605 cu with naturally aspirated motors that put out approx 725 horses . It has number 5 drives and will run 76mph . With a bit of tweaking it shd hit eighty . I have had Formula's and big Scarab's this bost is by far the most fun . I will agree it is all about the cruise and not the top speed . If you find a solid older cig with decent power and SSM drives and don't beat on it you will find that they will give you a lot of years pleasure with minimal grief . Other than routine maintenance i really haven't spent a lot of dough on it in the past 3/4 years .There was a thread on here a few years back discussing the pros and cons of stepped and non stepped hulls and I think the science proved that stepped hulls were only about 10 % faster on flat water and no real advantage in big water . The other big contributing factor was reduced weight due to improved construction methods . ( but lighter boats don't crush waves like big old resin buckets did think 41 Apache) What got lost in this discussion is that although the newer stepped hulls are more efficient and may cost less to operate is it worth playing 100k more and how much better off will you be in the long run . It is an interesting discussion though I always seem to learn new things here all the time . Cheers RG.
Exactly what I have been getting at lol
Old 04-28-2019, 06:30 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

F2...do you have a link for your old boat or is it privately for sale?? Thanks
Old 04-28-2019, 07:41 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Lucky Strike Jr
The boat Dock78 is talking about has already been sold. I know how much it sold for, and it wasn't that far off of the $209,950 asking price. I think recently people have realized how great of an all around boat a 38 Top Gun T/S is and people are holding on to them....which brings the whole supply VS demand and why the prices have not dropped. Again, go ride in one and you'll see what everyone talks about.

This is just my opinion but....you could try offering that much less to a dealer but no private individual sets his asking price so he can take $50,000 less on a $150-160k boat. I also seriously doubt PBC sets there prices so they can negotiate $50,000 on similar priced boats. If you think the boat is that much overpriced just wait and see if it comes down. I think all your going to do by offering a private individual that much less is a dial-tone. My advice to you is to wait until you see a boat your interested in that is priced right and jump on it. The days of seeing $100,000 38 T/S are long gone.
I do lota of dealing, if someone is asking 165,000, any less then 145,000 is a go F off response, even at 145 is the case if it needs lots of tlc….

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.