Tank “Back in the Saddle Again” >

Tank “Back in the Saddle Again”

Notices

Tank “Back in the Saddle Again”

Old 03-01-2024, 04:40 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
what is that? Looks like an outboard cowl or something.
I got it from the boat painters Facebook page. I believe there's a golf cart that matches
Old 03-01-2024, 04:44 PM
Registered

Here's the other half.

Old 03-01-2024, 05:16 PM
Registered

Received 509 Likes on 231 Posts

How the hell do you buy THAT boat and not go at least look at it!!! I wouldn’t be able to sleep.
The following users liked this post:
thisistank (03-01-2024)
Old 03-01-2024, 07:48 PM
Registered

More history for you. Just got this from Joe Baca at Pfaff Engines / Baca Marine. Enjoy! Your new boat is a legend around here.

Last edited by Seahawk 2000; 03-01-2024 at 07:51 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by Seahawk 2000:
1983ScarabIII (03-02-2024), Knot 4 Me (03-02-2024), kreed (03-02-2024), thisistank (03-01-2024)
Old 03-01-2024, 08:11 PM
Registered

Received 3,400 Likes on 1,097 Posts

Originally Posted by Seahawk 2000
Here's the other half.
hahaha. Golf cart?! Wonder where that’s at now.
Old 03-01-2024, 08:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Craney
How the hell do you buy THAT boat and not go at least look at it!!! I wouldn’t be able to sleep.

no time!!

but when we went to key west a couple weeks ago we landed at the havasu airport to pick some people up and my wife and daughter were teasing me…”it’s gotta be killing you to be this close and not go see it….” lol

Last edited by thisistank; 03-02-2024 at 02:39 AM.
Old 03-02-2024, 08:11 AM
Registered

Received 481 Likes on 220 Posts

we’re shooting to do a week up river in havasu first week of April. so hopefully run it then. Then Supercat fest west mid April. Then a de more runs out there before I bring it out to so cal for some runs in the big blue.
I gotta see that (....gets on google flights, looks at plane tickets out....)

I'm for sure coming down to visit when you have that in Ventura!
Old 03-02-2024, 04:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by frickstyle
I gotta see that (....gets on google flights, looks at plane tickets out....)

I'm for sure coming down to visit when you have that in Ventura!

you know you always have a seat frick!! 😁👍
Old 03-03-2024, 05:39 PM
Registered

Received 5,007 Likes on 1,411 Posts

First two things I want addressed asap is install seadeck. Thinking I'm going to do triple layer Grey top, white center and red bottom. I was actually going through this whole thread recently and I like how Steve did it in their gladiator he posted in this thread on page like 35ish. Diamond pattern. Would like to do Cig oval at the back seat floor like we did on the Cafe and "top gun" script in the cabin. Little Cig ovals at the foot rests. Also, AJ is supposed to be meeting with Adrenaline Trailers owner to schedule getting the trailer spruced up. Rob, buddy that towed it out had a local trailer shop in LOTO install disk brakes, yanking the old drums out and put on a new EOH control unit. replaced all hubs, etc. so that's all done but I'd like to have it torn down, painted, new bunks, all new LEDs with LED's added on the frame rails and under the boat, add a storage box and fabricate a new bow stop like they did on the Cafe, except I want the steps to not be as vertical as they were on the cafe, more offset for ease. I want to put Matching Seadeck on top of the fenders with Cigarette script and a seadeck pad on top of the storage box with "Running With The Devil" in the proper font.

Those are the two first tings I'm focused on. I don't know if it'll get done before april though frankly. but hopefully. We'll see. After that it's small stuff. Swap the GPS out for a glass flush unit. Add underwater lights, a depth finder, new head unit that's blue tooth capable, whatever else I find. Oh, and AJ will go through and do a full service top to bottom. And it's getting fully detailed including engines polished. Get it all dialed in. lol

I had light gray seadik and it was a pain to keep clean. I hated every minute of it . Next boat went dark gray and it`s so much better . Dark gray over red over black
You can also match your registration numbers .

https://jetboatpilot.com/collections...ration-numbers

Last edited by ICDEDPPL; 03-03-2024 at 05:42 PM.
Old 03-03-2024, 06:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
I had light gray seadik and it was a pain to keep clean. I hated every minute of it . Next boat went dark gray and it`s so much better . Dark gray over red over black
You can also match your registration numbers .

https://jetboatpilot.com/collections...ration-numbers

I’ll have to think about that. We had light grey over blue and black in the cafe and yeah it would show dirt. But I’d take a pressure washer to it and everything always came out.

I like the dark grey but don’t know if it’ll match the boat. Boats pretty light. Not a lot of dark in it. I was thinking of doing top light grey middle white and bottom red.

like this but red instead of blue.

I think with my interior light grey would look better though. And then I don’t know if I should do planks or diamond. Diamond may be too busy. I was also thinking of doing the cig oval at the rear bench but the more I look at the way Steve did it with the script the more I lole
it. Then I can do ovals at the foot rests. And Top Gun down the cabin floor.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.