94 Top Gun Cabin Door >

94 Top Gun Cabin Door

Notices

94 Top Gun Cabin Door

Old 07-14-2019, 08:55 PM
Registered

Received 797 Likes on 376 Posts
Default 94 Top Gun Cabin Door

Never had this issue before. Took the boat out today...cabin door opened and closed without an issue. Did some ocean running and now when we close the door...or try to close the door it only goes 1/2 closed and then stops. Not sure what it’s hitting. Anyone ever have this issue? What’s the easiest way to figure out what it is...don’t feel like taking the whole dash apart. Thanks.
Old 07-14-2019, 09:31 PM
Registered

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by 1MOSES1
Never had this issue before. Took the boat out today...cabin door opened and closed without an issue. Did some ocean running and now when we close the door...or try to close the door it only goes 1/2 closed and then stops. Not sure what it’s hitting. Anyone ever have this issue? What’s the easiest way to figure out what it is...don’t feel like taking the whole dash apart. Thanks.
With the door partially open, you can look in between the face of the door and back of dash with a light and see if there is something stopping the door from sliding in. That would be where I'd start.
Old 07-15-2019, 05:47 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,297 Likes on 449 Posts

check the track as well, sometimes they wear through or it jumps it. also the wheels in the door will wear out sometimes. I think phil stocks them.
Old 07-15-2019, 07:35 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by VortechSS
With the door partially open, you can look in between the face of the door and back of dash with a light and see if there is something stopping the door from sliding in. That would be where I'd start.
tried looking...had a bunch of people on board so that effort was futile. Will look again this week.
Old 07-15-2019, 07:37 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
check the track as well, sometimes they wear through or it jumps it. also the wheels in the door will wear out sometimes. I think phil stocks them.
doesnt feel like a wheel or track issue. feels like it’s physically hitting something. When I did peak there are two pads sticking out from the gunnel wall that act as supports. Wondering if one shifted and is now hitting.
Old 07-15-2019, 08:46 AM
"Unregistered Gun"
Platinum Member

Received 77 Likes on 40 Posts

doesnt feel like a wheel or track issue. feels like it’s physically hitting something. When I did peak there are two pads sticking out from the gunnel wall that act as supports. Wondering if one shifted and is now hitting.
If your trying to close the door and its going halfway, wouldn't the issue be from port going starboard in front of the door and not behind it? Here is a pic of the stops your talking about, this is when I had mine apart and the two red lines represent the track.
Old 07-15-2019, 10:20 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,297 Likes on 449 Posts

also make sure a screw hasnt backed out of the track or the bulkhead
Old 07-15-2019, 10:37 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jim Diesel
If your trying to close the door and its going halfway, wouldn't the issue be from port going starboard in front of the door and not behind it? Here is a pic of the stops your talking about, this is when I had mine apart and the two red lines represent the track.
thanks for the picture that helps a ton...maybe I said have said when opening it it only goes 3/4 of the way.

Last edited by 1MOSES1; 07-15-2019 at 10:40 AM.
Old 07-15-2019, 10:39 AM
Registered

Think I confused everyone including myself...the issue is in the opening direction. Not closing. My bad. When I try to open it goes 3/4 open. I can squeeze into the cabin but not by much. So the door is coming close to those stops. The screw suggestion is a good one. How much of a PIA is it to take the dash out to fix?! lol
Old 07-15-2019, 04:23 PM
"Unregistered Gun"
Platinum Member

Received 77 Likes on 40 Posts

Think I confused everyone including myself...the issue is in the opening direction. Not closing. My bad. When I try to open it goes 3/4 open. I can squeeze into the cabin but not by much. So the door is coming close to those stops. The screw suggestion is a good one. How much of a PIA is it to take the dash out to fix?! lol
No problem, sounds like you might have something back there blocking the door. It's not to bad, probably 15-20 Screw holding console in. Do you have any gauges on your console? If not, it makes it a lot easier!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.