You want to know what makes a Cigarette boat so great

Notices

You want to know what makes a Cigarette boat so great

Old 06-28-2020, 01:38 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 809 Likes on 263 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
Kelly (my wife, not Kelly Payup, although him too) our daughter Taylor and I , and I think I speak for Dan Too, absolutely loved it. As you know from doing poker runs all over the place each region seems to have their own style of boating / poker running. Havasu and lakes out this way you pack the boat up for the day and hit the lake, anchoring up or beaching or floating out on the lake between running around. Florida poker runs are point a to point b then really you don’t boat much any more. LOTO you run from point a to bar and sit in those Pools and eat and drink. Then run from that bar to another bar and sit in another pool and eat and drink. Then run from that bar back to camp where you sit and eat and drink. Lol.

The lake is beautiful with the houses and docks and scenery and all the different types of boats. We even saw fire flies and a couple ground hogs that we’ve never seen in our lives before! It’s a big azz lake too. Seems we ran and ran and ran. Obviously only downside is the side slop and confused waters when it’s busy. But when we were out running Sunday that was minimal.

all the people were super cool too. From brett’s staff (waiters, bartenders, Security, dock girls, etc.) to the local police to all the staff of the other bars to random people (not part of the run) to everyone involved in the run. Just a great area and attitude from everyone.

Really can’t say enough great things. The whole trip was perfect. It was also really nice meeting new OSO faces in person and catching up with old OSO friends (Shane Sherman, Darin (Dnebo) and a few others) we are already planning on being back for the run next year and I’m pretty sure it’ll be on our annual trip list now.
Those reasons, plus 100 more, are why we are looking to get a summer house there in the near future. We are going out this Wednesday for the 4th, and then again for Shootout week in August.
The following 2 users liked this post by Cash Bar:
Knot 4 Me (06-28-2020), thisistank (06-28-2020)
Old 06-28-2020, 01:41 PM
Registered

Received 621 Likes on 182 Posts

It was defiantly different than other poker runs, as Tank said the scenery was awesome. Boating was different, never expected such rough water.plus i don't think i have ever seen so many boats period.
I was amazed the first day when 100+ boats went to the first stop and they had dock space for everyone. no one had to side tie,
Lot more boating involved in this trip, Since selling my Cig few years ago i have gone to Desert Storm and Key West and a couple of those times without a ride on a boat and had a blast. LOTO you need to be on a boat.

Also i'm sure that there are places that stay open later but the bars we were at sure seemed to close early, it did make it easier to get up and ready for more boating in the morning, but did feel weird to be in bed before midnight,

Another thing is when i would take the boat to Florida i would leave it from Nov to Feb and use it a few times so goin to Loto will be quite a commute (1700 miles each way) just for a weekend, could always leave it but we have lots of local events this time of the year, Maybe taking turns with friends each year might make sense,

My first trip to Key west was going to be something that i wanted to do once, that was 15 years ago and i've gone every year since, LOTO may very well be the same thing, i'm looking forward to next year already.
The following 3 users liked this post by H20 Toie:
Cash Bar (06-28-2020), payuppsucker (06-29-2020), thisistank (06-28-2020)
Old 06-28-2020, 01:43 PM
Registered

Received 621 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
Those reasons, plus 100 more, are why we are looking to get a summer house there in the near future. We are going out this Wednesday for the 4th, and then again for Shootout week in August.
I could see that summer in loto, winter in Florida that would be the hot ticket
The following users liked this post:
Cash Bar (06-29-2020)
Old 06-29-2020, 05:59 AM
"Unregistered Gun"
Platinum Member

Received 83 Likes on 43 Posts

I couldn't agree more Dan, it was great meeting you guys!! I hope to meet up with you guys in Key West this year!!
The following users liked this post:
H20 Toie (06-29-2020)
Old 06-29-2020, 12:40 PM
Registered

Received 395 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
Oh that's great! Now we'll have a place to stay for The Rendezvous. Try to get something large enough to accommodate our crew of 12-14 if you don't mind Greg.
The following 3 users liked this post by payuppsucker:
H20 Toie (06-29-2020), speicher lane (06-29-2020), thisistank (06-29-2020)
Old 06-30-2020, 10:52 AM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 809 Likes on 263 Posts

Originally Posted by payuppsucker
Oh that's great! Now we'll have a place to stay for The Rendezvous. Try to get something large enough to accommodate our crew of 12-14 if you don't mind Greg.
It will definitely have a large dock. I'll put a shower out there and you guys should be good. The cabin is why you all love those Cigarettes, isn't it? LMAO
The following 3 users liked this post by Cash Bar:
J-Bonz (06-30-2020), payuppsucker (06-30-2020), thisistank (06-30-2020)