Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
Top Gun Price >

Top Gun Price

Notices

Top Gun Price

Old 12-11-2023, 08:54 PM
Registered

Received 801 Likes on 378 Posts

bump…will be trying to actively sell again in the spring. Will be motivated to move it.

thanks.
Old 12-11-2023, 09:57 PM
Registered

Received 436 Likes on 289 Posts

Did you have any interested calls or visits when asking 83?
or any offer even if they were low offers?
Old 12-12-2023, 08:24 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 209 Likes on 133 Posts

Sad reality is what I posted about a year ago, guys asking high but not getting it, a lot of these boats are 25 years old and older and they're getting harder and harder to finance especially with today's interest rates. People are not doing it I still think selling price is between 65 and 70. Sad reality.
The following users liked this post:
Wildman_grafix (12-12-2023)
Old 12-12-2023, 08:45 AM
Registered

Received 1,445 Likes on 804 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
Sad reality is what I posted about a year ago, guys asking high but not getting it, a lot of these boats are 25 years old and older and they're getting harder and harder to finance especially with today's interest rates. People are not doing it I still think selling price is between 65 and 70. Sad reality.
Seems to be a big disconnect between what people think they are worth and what they can be sold for. CAN be is the point.

(not saying this boat isn't worth the asking).

Before rates went up I was looking at a 2001, going to put a good amount down but to Finace the rest and try and get insurance killed it for me. At that time I was not going to pay 7-8% interest, I can not even imagine what they want now. Was told over 10 years old and good luck. Well let's be real, almost all performance V I/O's are 10 years old or big power OL's.

Then just today I just seen a 22 year old SINGLE 29 for sale with a stock HP500 and the dude has it listed at 73K. Good luck with that.
Old 12-12-2023, 11:06 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 209 Likes on 133 Posts

Yea some guys have 150-300,000 into restorations and can't get 70,000, seen it many times just tough market as rates go up and boats age
Old 12-12-2023, 02:12 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

This Top Gun looks clean and well cared for; however, I think you are correct - rising interest rates, a questionable economy, age and possible maintenance concerns, difficult to obtain financing and very high insurance costs are going to have a real impact on the marine industry as a whole and in particular with older performance V bottoms. The new and used automobile markets are seeing market destruction and unfortunately the marine industry is likely in exactly the same position - or perhaps worse. I also believe that selling in the LOTO area, or other locations hot for performance boats may yield better results. Maybe the boat should be listed through Performance or Big Thunder...?

Having said that I believe this boat is owned outright, and the owner may simply decide to keep it and enjoy it! Boating in the Connecticut and Rhode Island area is some of the best in the country - lots to do and see. I'd keep it!!!!
Old 12-12-2023, 07:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jeff32
Did you have any interested calls or visits when asking 83?
or any offer even if they were low offers?
we’ve had more interest from brokers than actual buyers…

best offer was in the 60’s…no one ever came to look at it.
jeff32 (12-12-2023)
Old 12-12-2023, 07:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bfoodman
This Top Gun looks clean and well cared for; however, I think you are correct - rising interest rates, a questionable economy, age and possible maintenance concerns, difficult to obtain financing and very high insurance costs are going to have a real impact on the marine industry as a whole and in particular with older performance V bottoms. The new and used automobile markets are seeing market destruction and unfortunately the marine industry is likely in exactly the same position - or perhaps worse. I also believe that selling in the LOTO area, or other locations hot for performance boats may yield better results. Maybe the boat should be listed through Performance or Big Thunder...?

Having said that I believe this boat is owned outright, and the owner may simply decide to keep it and enjoy it! Boating in the Connecticut and Rhode Island area is some of the best in the country - lots to do and see. I'd keep it!!!!
no time to use it. I rather see someone else enjoy it. who knows maybe I’ll get back into boating sometime down the road.
bulletbob (12-13-2023)