Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
Any #6 Guns on the market... or will be? >

Any #6 Guns on the market... or will be?

Notices

Any #6 Guns on the market... or will be?

Old 08-30-2024, 11:39 PM
Registered

Received 3,390 Likes on 1,093 Posts

I actually love the Lock & Load name. I like multi meaning names. This is a top gun so it fits, but it congers up the image of it being GO TIME in an aggressive manner - “LOCK AND LOAD!!!” Like it’s all
business and ready to get serious. It’s just a great name. Whomever originally came up with it nailed it.

It’s funny because I’m not crazy about the name of our boat. But with the flames and the fact the boat is well known by the name, it’s grown on me. These long-standing names add to each boats notorious or iconic nature. Like you said, you can say L&L to anyone that knows cigarettes and they know immediately what you’re talking about.

Last edited by thisistank; 08-31-2024 at 06:35 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by thisistank:
Craney (08-31-2024), ICDEDPPL (Yesterday), kreed (Today)
Old 08-31-2024, 12:06 AM
Registered

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
I actually love the Lock & Load name. I like multi meaning names. This is a top gun so it fits, but it congers up the image of it being GO TIME in an aggressive manner - “LOCK AND LOAD!!!” Like it’s all
business and ready to get serious. It’s just a great name. Whomever originally came up with it nailed it.

It’s funny because I’m not crazy about the name of our boat. But with the flames and the fact the boat is well known by the name, it’s grown on me. These long standing names add to each business notorious or iconic nature. Like you said, you can say L&L to anyone that knows cigarettes and they know immediately what you’re talking about.
Agreed... I was attempting to be creative. one off...only one...and Cigarette being number 1
The following users liked this post:
thisistank (08-31-2024)
Old 08-31-2024, 12:13 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by thisistank

It’s funny because I’m not crazy about the name of our boat. But with the flames and the fact the boat is well known by the name, it’s grown on me. These long standing names add to each business notorious or iconic nature. Like you said, you can say L&L to anyone that knows cigarettes and they know immediately what you’re talking about.
What kind of numbers does you boat do? I love how these big power Cigs have a comfortable cruise range. There's a few videos of your boat that show what a Cigarette should be.
thisistank (08-31-2024)
Old 08-31-2024, 02:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by STRAIGHTPRIORITY
What kind of numbers does you boat do? I love how these big power Cigs have a comfortable cruise range. There's a few videos of your boat that show what a Cigarette should be.
Heard Ron hit 108. That was with wet sumps and before motors were rebuilt.

I’ve never opened it up. Bumped it up to 95 once with ease pulled like a freight train from 65 to 95 and got there in a blink of an eye. I was far from pinned and there was a lot left. Only time I ever heard the blowers really start to scream either. Love that sound!! lol I’m easy on it. Try not to beat it up. Run at like 60-70 90% of the time. Don’t know if I’ll EVER open it up. Just nice to know it’s there if needed.

Last edited by thisistank; 08-31-2024 at 02:34 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by thisistank:
Seahawk 2000 (08-31-2024), tommymonza (08-31-2024)
Old 08-31-2024, 06:01 AM
Registered

Received 505 Likes on 230 Posts

Like Tank said you can’t change the name,these are iconic names that need to stay with these boats. Now you own one, Tank has another one.Hot for Teacher, Warpath, Razz These names need to stay with these boats.
Old 08-31-2024, 02:47 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 346 Likes on 117 Posts

Congrats!!!!!!
Old 09-29-2024, 02:06 PM
Registered

Well? You pick up L&L yet?! Where’s the pics?? Man, that thing is so bad azz. I still want it! Lol
LipShip (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 10:31 PM
Registered

Not yet. I had a set back on my end of the deal, but actually handled it today. Hopefully we can still make it work. Phil has been very patient with the situation so I hope we can wrap it up. Ill update tomorrow! If I have to pay more for the boat I will.. lol!
Old Yesterday, 10:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by STRAIGHTPRIORITY
Not yet. I had a set back on my end of the deal, but actually handled it today. Hopefully we can still make it work. Phil has been very patient with the situation so I hope we can wrap it up. Ill update tomorrow! If I have to pay more for the boat I will.. lol!
anxious to see you running it and update some pics!
Old Yesterday, 11:06 PM
Registered

Me too. Ill do whatever it takes to wrap everything up and have some pics to post by the weekend!
thisistank (Today)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.