1988 Bullet

Notices

1988 Bullet

Old 10-07-2024, 07:44 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 1988 Bullet

Picked up a new project over the weekend,
She needs some luvin...was a pre project that he got tired of?
Been in storage 2 yrs, pretty much stripped and cobbled. Cabin has new cushions is all, rest stripped, sides,carpet even toilet seat. Cockpit bare besides. Large bolsters in need of repair, back seat mold only not attached, sun pad board only, but do have some foam pieces and covers for patterns.
Was told when got boat had blower motors, imco drives n props. Now a 330 on starbord, mag port set in. Drives, Bravo 1's no props.
He sold engine's,drives and props, put in what had laying around.
Positives, good bones, stringers,transom,gimbles newer, upgraded gauges and controls, k plane pumps work, drive pumps work.Oh and a sweet Cigarette aluminum trim axle trailer. But wasn't set up for boat, way far back on trailer, had zero tongue weight. Was a sketchy ride home, lucky was only 2 hrs away. Figured out quickly, max speed was 50-55.
Going to gut the boat and start from scratch hull up. As to power going to upgrade mag, I have another mag to install, rebuild the B1's.
Pretty good at fiberglass, mechanical and wiring. Guess going to need sewing classes NOT. Lol
Have always wanted a Bullet, love the old school lines..Boat on Lake Erie, so will see what the wave crusher will do on the fresh water close wave caps.
​​​​​​Hopefully in a couple yrs.

Last edited by DA BOSS; 10-07-2024 at 07:49 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by DA BOSS:
Hollowpoint (10-14-2024)
Old 10-08-2024, 07:06 AM
Registered

Received 126 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by DA BOSS
Picked up a new project over the weekend,
She needs some luvin...was a pre project that he got tired of?
Been in storage 2 yrs, pretty much stripped and cobbled. Cabin has new cushions is all, rest stripped, sides,carpet even toilet seat. Cockpit bare besides. Large bolsters in need of repair, back seat mold only not attached, sun pad board only, but do have some foam pieces and covers for patterns.
Was told when got boat had blower motors, imco drives n props. Now a 330 on starbord, mag port set in. Drives, Bravo 1's no props.
He sold engine's,drives and props, put in what had laying around.
Positives, good bones, stringers,transom,gimbles newer, upgraded gauges and controls, k plane pumps work, drive pumps work.Oh and a sweet Cigarette aluminum trim axle trailer. But wasn't set up for boat, way far back on trailer, had zero tongue weight. Was a sketchy ride home, lucky was only 2 hrs away. Figured out quickly, max speed was 50-55.
Going to gut the boat and start from scratch hull up. As to power going to upgrade mag, I have another mag to install, rebuild the B1's.
Pretty good at fiberglass, mechanical and wiring. Guess going to need sewing classes NOT. Lol
Have always wanted a Bullet, love the old school lines..Boat on Lake Erie, so will see what the wave crusher will do on the fresh water close wave caps.
​​​​​​Hopefully in a couple yrs.
Best of luck with your Bullet! They handle the rough stuff better than most in their class...I also have an 88' Bullet. I just posted some pics in the "Let's see em" thread above if you want some ideas. Please post pics of your Bullet and keep us up to date on the progress of your resto, These boats are getting harder to find so its nice knowing where to find one.
The following users liked this post:
DA BOSS (10-08-2024)
Old 10-08-2024, 07:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by kreed
Best of luck with your Bullet! They handle the rough stuff better than most in their class...I also have an 88' Bullet. I just posted some pics in the "Let's see em" thread above if you want some ideas. Please post pics of your Bullet and keep us up to date on the progress of your resto, These boats are getting harder to find so its nice knowing where to find one.
Thank you, checked out you ride, AMAZING!. Great info and ideas. Guess not got enough replys to post pics, but as soon as I can I will, started getting the ugly the next morning before pulling Fountain for season.
Old 10-08-2024, 08:16 PM
Registered

Received 413 Likes on 231 Posts

Where do u boat on Erie, there are a bunch of us that do still check in here , can’t wait to see some pics

Last edited by J-Bonz; 10-09-2024 at 08:00 AM. Reason: Spelling
DA BOSS (10-09-2024)
Old 10-09-2024, 05:43 AM
Registered

Received 126 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by DA BOSS
Thank you, checked out you ride, AMAZING!. Great info and ideas. Guess not got enough replys to post pics, but as soon as I can I will, started getting the ugly the next morning before pulling Fountain for season.
If you just make the necessary number of posts by posting "anything" ...Example:

Post 1
Post 2
Post 3
Post 4
ect.......until you hit your number then you can post pics sooner.
Old 10-09-2024, 08:34 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 209 Likes on 133 Posts

I was set to come get that Sunday AM then when I text to say I was in way he said he sold it day before lol

Old 10-10-2024, 09:28 AM
BEACH PARTY / HOLLOWPOINT
Platinum Member

Received 1,333 Likes on 747 Posts

Good luck with the rebuild! Will be an awesome boat when done.

Have been working on ours for a while now (before I owned it and into now). Almost there but still a ways to go! Paint will be the biggest expense.

Anyone want to buy a Formula 311? I need some Cigarette money.
Hollowpoint (10-14-2024)
Old 10-10-2024, 12:56 PM
Registered

Received 327 Likes on 120 Posts
Default .

Originally Posted by TomZ
Good luck with the rebuild! Will be an awesome boat when done.

Have been working on ours for a while now (before I owned it and into now). Almost there but still a ways to go! Paint will be the biggest expense.

Anyone want to buy a Formula 311? I need some Cigarette money.
shoot me the details on the 311

931-247-3586
TomZ (10-10-2024)
Old 10-10-2024, 05:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by J-Bonz
Where do u boat on Erie, there are a bunch of us that do still check in here , can’t wait to see some pics
Out of Huron, inside rack store at lagoons
Old 10-10-2024, 05:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Full Force
I was set to come get that Sunday AM then when I text to say I was in way he said he sold it day before lol

Johnny.said he talked to you, thanks for posting. Gonna be a project for sure.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.