Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
GLADIATOR or TOP GUN ? >

GLADIATOR or TOP GUN ?

Notices

GLADIATOR or TOP GUN ?

Old 09-04-2003, 02:05 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Also ... check the two side by side in the water ... very little diff. in length over all !?!?!?!??

JM
Old 09-04-2003, 02:44 PM
FOUNDER and BG1
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by LEOPAJM
Also ... check the two side by side in the water ... very little diff. in length over all !?!?!?!??

JM
Seven inches to be exact. Top Gun is 37'6". Gladiator is 36'11".
Old 09-05-2003, 10:10 AM
diamonddaveF170

If you want i will have the 2002 Gladiator in Cambridge MD on 9/28 for the boat races.
Mine is the Team Virgin F-2 National & World Champion boat for APBA 2001.
Boat is mint and has every option and custom built accessory oni it. down to the $35,000 custom Dave Hunter paint job.
Boat is for sale so call me before you buy a 2003 and you will save over $100,000.
Also comes with a triple axle 6 tool box custom trailer.
Boat is a piece of history but i have a new son and a new lambo being delivered in a couple of weeks so i am willing to sacrifice since i also have other race boats.
Let me know!
Dave
732-803-1121

Old 09-05-2003, 11:35 AM
FOUNDER and BG1
Charter Member

Dave - Price you are asking? If you prefer not to disclose it publicly send me a PM. Thanks.
Old 09-08-2003, 11:54 PM
Registered

The Gladiator and the Top Gun come from the same hull mold. the Gladiator deck is cut down 6-8 inches therefore making the transom and the point at the bow closer which makes for the 36 instead of 38 measurement. The running surface of the boat in the water is the same. They both fit on the same trailer. The Gladiator is a sports car, the Top Gun is a sport SUV. If you purchase I highly recommend the ITS option. Also keep in mind that the staggered configuration and the shorter cockpit look nice but makes it a lot harder around the dock if your boat is full of non-boaters that are not rushing for the stern line. That means the driver is leaving the drivers seat to go to the stern (tripping over the passengers feet), after all it has no rub rail... The ride in 3-5 is fine, larger that 6's and I am staying home anyway. I did the crossing to the Bahamas in mine in 10-12's running on top at 55, that is where she likes to ride, on top, especially in the rough. I bought mine because it looked like a piece of artwork. If you ask any professional racer that has done it all they will tell you they prefer to sit down. If your looking for a family boat then the Top Gun is the answer, if your looking for a good bachelor guy boat, then the Gladiator. If your a poodle, either would suffice.
Old 09-09-2003, 04:14 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmmmm..how many Poodles do we know?
Old 09-09-2003, 07:29 AM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

I spent Saturday in a Gladiator (it was the one painted for the Miami Boat Show) and all I can say is "wow" !!!
The 525's were pushing a pair of 34's to a top speed of around 93 and it ate up any rough water we ran into.
Sitting down takes a little getting used to but you adapt rather quickly.
No question...its not a family boat but it is an awesome ride.
Old 09-09-2003, 11:10 AM
FOUNDER and BG1
Charter Member

If your a poodle, either would suffice.
Emperor Poodle - DMAN
King Poodle - Jeffrey
Queen Poodle - Phantom Chaos

On second thought that doesn't sound so good. Don't want someone to accuse the King and Queen poodles of getting together or something ...
Old 09-09-2003, 02:10 PM
diamonddaveF170

Jeffrey,
I will let my Galdiator go for about 185000.
And mine is a piece of history. Hull #2 and custom built by Tres.
Who could ask for anything more.
Just did the SBI race in NYC and finished 1st for all of P class.
Rough waters of NYC made it so we were in an element of our own.
If anyone interested in purchasing it will be in CAmbridge Maryland on 9/27-9/28 for the OPA Race
Let me Know!!!!

David
732-803-1121

Old 09-15-2003, 05:03 PM
Registered

In the Gladiator with 525's-How much room do you lose with a staggered set-up or go side by side for comfort ?

Quick Reply: GLADIATOR or TOP GUN ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.