GLADIATOR or TOP GUN ? >

GLADIATOR or TOP GUN ?

Notices

GLADIATOR or TOP GUN ?

Old 09-15-2003, 10:34 PM
FOUNDER and BG1
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rob - All the newer Gladiators (late '02 +) have the "staggered" setup hull. This means a significantly reduced cockpit area. Even though some '02's have side by side motors - the engine room is still configured for staggered motors. The earlier Gladiators like the OSO Gladiator ('01) have quite a bit more cockpit room. Not sure if Cigarette would build one like the '01 with side by sides in a new ('04) boat. Maybe one of the dealers ordered one that way. The difference between the two configurations is significant. If you're tall (6'2+) the Gladiator may prove to be "confining" for you. It seems to set up for smaller framed guys (under 6').
Old 09-16-2003, 02:35 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Jeffrey
Emperor Poodle - DMAN
King Poodle - Jeffrey
Queen Poodle - Phantom Chaos

On second thought that doesn't sound so good. Don't want someone to accuse the King and Queen poodles of getting together or something ...

Yes...........I guess I am a "poodle" riding in the back seat of a DEATH TRAP running out the Miami cut with a single screw secured hand-rail and couple of friggin nutcases in control!!!!!! I was ready to jump out of the friggin boat if I didn't fall out!!!!!!!!
Old 09-16-2003, 01:04 PM
FOUNDER and BG1
Charter Member

Originally posted by PhantomChaos
Yes...........I guess I am a "poodle" riding in the back seat of a DEATH TRAP running out the Miami cut with a single screw secured hand-rail and couple of friggin nutcases in control!!!!!! I was ready to jump out of the friggin boat if I didn't fall out!!!!!!!!
Some people have no sense of adventure. Others have no common sense and buy boats with tv, vcrs, refrigerators, and a/c and then complain when it all falls apart. And still ... others scream like a baby in water bigger than a 2' chop
Old 09-16-2003, 03:37 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Jeffrey
Some people have no sense of adventure. Others have no common sense and buy boats with tv, vcrs, refrigerators, and a/c and then complain when it all falls apart. And still ... others scream like a baby in water bigger than a 2' chop
Sounds like the same person to me
Old 09-16-2003, 03:59 PM
FOUNDER and BG1
Charter Member

Originally posted by Von Bongo
Sounds like the same person to me
Hey ... you're right. It has CHAOS written all over it!!
Old 09-28-2003, 06:07 PM
Registered

Jeffrey,

What was that comment about some people having no common sense and buying boats with tv's, vcr's, refrigerators, and a/c? Remember the 382 Poker Run Special Formula you sold to some guy from Ohio? You BAD BOY!

I had to give you a hard time about this one!

Seriously, the 382 is an awesome ride. Running 83-84 mph with the baby Sterlings and unlabbed 28 Bravo's (already did a "cool" 69 in the cabin sitting at the dock with the A/C running, too).

Be careful what you say behind closed doors in the Cig forum ... I'll be checking up on you now and then!
Old 09-28-2003, 11:25 PM
FOUNDER and BG1
Charter Member

Originally posted by RedDog382
Jeffrey,

What was that comment about some people having no common sense and buying boats with tv's, vcr's, refrigerators, and a/c? Remember the 382 Poker Run Special Formula you sold to some guy from Ohio? You BAD BOY!

I had to give you a hard time about this one!

Seriously, the 382 is an awesome ride. Running 83-84 mph with the baby Sterlings and unlabbed 28 Bravo's (already did a "cool" 69 in the cabin sitting at the dock with the A/C running, too).

Be careful what you say behind closed doors in the Cig forum ... I'll be checking up on you now and then!
Ha ha ... busted! I always comment about Formulas because my two closest buddies in SCOPE have 382's and I am ALWAYS busting their chops!! One of them is PhantomChaos (Nort) and I am relentless with him when it comes to his 382! Glad you are enjoying the boat!
Old 10-01-2003, 07:26 PM
Registered

Jeffrey,

Always enjoy a little harrassment and good humor from the cigarette guys. I have to admit that the TV/VCR was recently "lost at sea". You won't hear me complaining about it, though. I guess I'll have to check with Formula tech on better ways to secure the replacement.

My only complaint is about the three boats passing me on LEOPA's recent fall poker run:

- a Lipship 42 Tiger with Zul 900's
- a Lipship 38 TS Top Gun with Zul 700's
- a Lipship Gladiator with something(?)

I guess I shouldn't have been down below mixing up a new blender full of rita's for the crew!

In case you guys on the West Coast didn't hear about it, Phil L. brought a 42 Tiger and a 38 Gun to LEOPA's summer poker run, won the top hand, and donated the purse ($2,500) to the charity (Special Olympics of Michigan).

He and the boats he builds are definately a CLASS ACT!