GLADIATOR or TOP GUN ? >

GLADIATOR or TOP GUN ?

Notices

GLADIATOR or TOP GUN ?

Old 08-31-2003, 05:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GLADIATOR or TOP GUN ?

I 'am looking to buy a new Top Gun or Gladiator.With 525's and ITS,But coming out of a Tiger with 750's and 3a's I'am wondering which boat is better for ride and comfort in all boating conditions ? I don't care about cabin or storage,It will be for Poker Run Fun. But with out all the cost of a big powered boat,turn key run for ever,thats the way!! feed back!!!
Old 08-31-2003, 07:21 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Read the thread where Jeffrey compares his gladiator to is old TS race boat. Good information on that thread.
Old 09-01-2003, 12:40 AM
FOUNDER and BG1
Charter Member

I did compare my 2000 38 Top Gun TS to my new 2002 Gladiator under the topic "Gladiator and 575's."

To give you a brief recap ... the two boats have only one real thing in common. They both are light in weight and are extremely well-balanced. They "fly" perfectly. Other than that ... they are two completely different boats.

The most obvious difference is the "stand up" versus "sit down" approach to boating. For those of you who have never actually rode in one of the sit down offshore powerboats have no idea of what it is like. Your perception of sitting down and the effect it will have on your back in the event of a hard landing is incorrect. One would normally assume that it would be rough on your back and uncomfortable without your legs and knees to absorb shock.

When you are sitting with your legs outstretched your weight is distributed over a larger surface area. Couple that fact with an excellent seat design and you have the makings for a ride that is extremely comfortable and secure. Today was a good example. I took a female friend out who is notoriously a "nervous boater." She is the one that screams at 50 and panics at 60. She had been in my Top Gun before and anything above 65 or 70 would throw her into a panic attack. Needless to say I was apprehensive about her riding in the Gladiator.

After about 10 minutes of cruising she decided that she felt so safe and comfortable sitting down that she told me it was okay to run faster. 55, 60, 65, 70, 75, 80+ and she was screaming for more! Unbelievable! She told me that she loved the boat and that she felt so secure sitting down and loved every moment of it. This is coming from a very objective point of view considering the fact that she is NOT a seasoned boater and can only draw a comparison based on her feeling of safety.

This is not to say that there is anything wrong with the Top Gun. My twin step was a ton of fun! I loved every moment of operating it. The two boats are simply different. The cockpit is tight in the Gladiator and you need to get used to throttling with your left hand and climbing over the seats. But what it lacks in ergonomics it makes up in design. The dash is awesome, the lines are "Ferrari-like" and the compliments abound! It's all give and take and comes down to personal preference.

If you need a cabin, want cockpit space, or feel better standing up ... buy a Top Gun. If you like the awesome design, no rub rail, "airplane-like" dash, and want to try something new .... buy the Gladiator. They both perform incredibly. Either one will bring you an incredible amount of joy!

Feel free to ask any questions you may have on either boat!

Jeffrey
Old 09-01-2003, 01:56 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When can I go?
Old 09-01-2003, 06:56 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally posted by Jeffrey
...65, 70, 75, 80+ and she was screaming for more!
Always nice to ear...
Old 09-01-2003, 10:04 AM
Registered

Jeffrey,Thanks for the info.Boating in Ocean City,Md. the water gets a little rough 2-4ft. all day,every day.How does the Gladiator do?

guess who dude ???
Old 09-02-2003, 11:18 AM
Registered

Give Brett a call at Offshore Performance 410/825/7853. I just bought a boat from them and they had a new gladiator and TS Top Gun in the showroom. You could swing by and compare the difference side by side.
Old 09-02-2003, 11:48 AM
FOUNDER and BG1
Charter Member

Originally posted by ocrob
Jeffrey,Thanks for the info.Boating in Ocean City,Md. the water gets a little rough 2-4ft. all day,every day.How does the Gladiator do?

guess who dude ???
I know who Rob.

It handles the rough stuff extremely well. Again ... you would expect to experience trauma to your back when landing hard. It just doesn't happen. If anyone would know Tres Martin would be an excellent person to ask. He raced the Virgin Gladiator in some nasty water.
Old 09-03-2003, 12:08 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

top gun... you can always take more passengers if nessecary.. if not needed then a gladiator is great... what do you need?
Old 09-03-2003, 08:36 AM
Registered

I think the Gladiator is the choice.Thanks for everybody's thoughts in this matter,it did help.

Quick Reply: GLADIATOR or TOP GUN ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.