Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
Anyone ever replaced the cabin floor in a 28? >

Anyone ever replaced the cabin floor in a 28?

Notices

Anyone ever replaced the cabin floor in a 28?

Old 11-03-2003, 09:00 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone ever replaced the cabin floor in a 28?

Pain in the a$$ or easy job??
Old 11-03-2003, 10:29 AM
ren3

Look at the thread in this forum on my 35'Awesome. I made a new cabin floor that is removeable. Base is marine ply with teak flooring strips. Very easy to do. Bob N.

Old 11-06-2003, 08:00 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

Thrillseeker,
What year is your 28? I have an '85 and you have me concerned. Do you need to replace it or just want to?
Old 11-06-2003, 06:49 PM
Registered

Dave, mine is also an 85, the cabin floor was getting soft, it flexed a lot when you stepped on it until it finally split. The reason is that water wasnt properly draining from the foreward bulkhead back to the main bilge.
Old 11-07-2003, 08:03 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

Thrillseeker,
Do you have the teak floor? Sounds like you might want to tear it out to fix that drainage problem too. I looked at mine and it looks like a serious pain in the ass. Let us know whatever you decide to do.
Dave
Old 11-09-2003, 06:51 PM
Registered

I have some of the floor ripped out, the floor seems to tuck under the sides and front of the "sidewalls" 28ss PM'd me and told me that there was a drain tube that runs from the foreward bulkhead back through the fueltank foam and into the main bilge. Its prolly plugged with **** and needs cleared out.
Old 12-02-2003, 09:08 AM
Registered

Default Re: Anyone ever replaced the cabin floor in a 28?

Originally posted by THRILLSEEKER
Pain in the a$$ or easy job??
I would talk to sean. He restored a 28 to immaculate condition. I'm pretty sure he did a floor in it to..
Old 12-02-2003, 09:53 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

when i got my boat, the entire cabin had pretty much been ripped out...and i ripped out whatever was left. From what i can remember, the sidewalls were screwed to the stringers after the floor was glassed in. my floor was rotted also, so i ripped it out. drainage was ok, meaning it did go from front to back. Mine was clogged too(the hole was pretty small), so I cleared it out and then had a floor glassed in right up to the stingers. I did not add the sidwalls back into the equation. I also had the entire berth area replaced and had it glassed right to the top of the stringers.

I did notice, however that Cigarette needed to add 1" piece of lath to the tops of the stingers to make room for the fuel tank fittings. I decided that I would rather have that 1" of headroom and cut out around the fuel tank fittings to accomodate.
Old 12-06-2003, 01:53 PM
Registered

Thrillseeker,

Do you like the boat? I'm looking at a 1976 model w/350's and TRS. Are they worth the updating?

Thanks, Bryan
Old 01-07-2004, 09:21 AM
Registered

bryan, Yes I love the boat. it is an awesome rough water ride, very smooth and stable. The 28's are built like brick ****houses. The only thing I dont like about it is the engine compartment is tight as hell as far as being able to work on stuff, and another prob I am having is trying to get hyd. steering and a swim platform mounted on a verry cluttered transom.

Let me know if you wanna know anything else. I have been through just about everything on the boat mechanical, and upholstry wise. Sean from the board has done a complete reso on a 28, so he is a great source of info. Check out his site www.thunderboatalley.com

Quick Reply: Anyone ever replaced the cabin floor in a 28?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.