Fastest Cafe

Notices

Fastest Cafe

Old 12-10-2003, 11:48 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by stecz20
hey cignificant havent seen you around in a while...im looking toget rid of the trs drives maybe get #3s im not really sure what work has been done to them. it seems just time to update, not for the speed im fine over 70 but they just seem old.
Life is busy these days - I'm painting the Cafe - so I don't post as much as I used to.

While we're on the subject of Cafe's - does anyone have strainers installed, and if so where did you put them? Here's a pic of my engine compartment..
Attached Thumbnails Fastest Cafe-emptyeng.jpg  
Old 12-10-2003, 01:12 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by clearcut3
I think this is the cafe cigracer 38 is talking about

Cafe with 1000's & SSM 3's

I would imagine this has got to be the fastest cafe I have ever heard of. With that horsepower I would imagine it doesn't have trouble breaking the triple digit barrier. For that kind of coin I'd be looking for an updated topgun though, but it is a sweet looking Cafe racer.
Thats the one!
Attached Thumbnails Fastest Cafe-cafe-racer.jpg  
Old 12-10-2003, 05:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have four so i put the strainers where they fit, but one on each side of the barrier, in front of the fuel shut off. and cigarette 1 that is your ride? post some pics that i have not seen already. i love your boat. if i had the dough i would bye it tomorrow. love that set up.just saw the rig for sale in powerboat.
Old 12-10-2003, 05:53 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

cig,

my strainers are mounted all the way forward on the center stinger...
Old 12-11-2003, 12:19 AM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

Originally posted by stecz20
i have four so i put the strainers where they fit, but one on each side of the barrier, in front of the fuel shut off. and cigarette 1 that is your ride? post some pics that i have not seen already. i love your boat. if i had the dough i would bye it tomorrow. love that set up.just saw the rig for sale in powerboat.
That's not my boat, it's a friends.

The pic here WAS my boat up until a couple of months ago.
Attached Thumbnails Fastest Cafe-meadcaferacer1.jpg  
Old 12-11-2003, 07:52 PM
Registered

THATS A NICE RIG, WHAT DO YA HAVE FOR POWER?
Old 12-12-2003, 02:18 AM
Registered

HOW COULD I FORGET YOU BOUGHT THAT CRAZY GUN. GREAT RIG AS WELL. I KNOW YOUR GOING TO TEAR IT UP THIS YEAR WIT THAT BABY. GOOD LUCK WITH IT. YOULL BE THE POKER RUN KING..........
Old 12-13-2003, 09:52 AM
Registered

stecz20, nice ride. I lusted after that boat when tres had it for sale. How are the motors ? I think it was a pretty good deal, but I am bit suprised at the top end speed with that power.
Old 12-13-2003, 11:49 AM
Registered

DLBCHECKMATE, TO BE HONEST I REALLY DONT KNOW HOW FAST IT CAN GO. WHEN I FINALLY GOT THE RIG IT WAS OCTOBER. I HAD THE BOAT OUT TWICE. WE DID NOT REALLY PUSH IT. I ASKED MY BRO THE OTHER NITE WHAT THE RPMS WERE AT WHEN I SAW IT HIT 80, HE SAID LIKE 5100. HE SAID IT FELT LIKE IT HAD MORE IN IT, BUT WHO KNOWS. YOUR RITE WITH THAT POWER IT SHOULD GET OVER 80 ALL THE TIME, 90 IM NOT SO SURE ABOUT. IT MIGHT BE POSSIBLE IF I GOT THOSES BABIES BLOWN. THAT IS NOT IN THE PLANS FOR NOW. YOUR RIGHT ABOUT BEING A SWEET DEAL, THE GUY THAT HAD IT POURED MONEY INTO IT. 2002 MERLINS, WORK DONE ON THE DRIVES, WHICH I JUST FOUND OUT THE OTHER DAY. I HAVE FILE ON THE BOAT 3 INCHES THICK. ITS GREAT TO SEE WHAT WAS DONE TO THE BOAT SINCE IT WAS NEW. THE BOAT IS MINT. ITS BREAKING MY HEART THAT IS HAS TO BE OUT IN THE COLD, FIRST YEAR THAT ITS OUT IN THE WEATHER. WHEN I FIND OUT THE TOP END I WILL DEFINITELY POST IT. WHY WHAT DID YOU THINK THE RIG WOULD BE IN THE 90S. WITH THAT POWER. I THINK IT WOULD NEED SOME BAD ASS BLOWERS FOR THAT, SPEED.
Old 12-13-2003, 02:08 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a 1987 with 650 hp to bravo`s that runs a solid 80 mph. I cant imagine the trs to be a better setup. I totally re-rigged my boat, and would think that the x dimension for the trs is alot more conservative(deeper) My boat rides high with the weight on the transom. I also used alot of parts for my rebuild from a Hustler that i could not sell: drives, gimbles, steering, guages. I bought my boat with no power and no drives.
TOM

Quick Reply: Fastest Cafe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.