94 Top Gun speeds

Notices

94 Top Gun speeds

Old 12-27-2003, 03:30 PM
Warped & Twisted Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by GLH
BTW Bob I am bringing the Cafe Racer tomorrow to Syracuse for the pick up by the gentelmen from Chicago I should be passing by your house on the way back in the late afternoon early evenning, let me know if your around.
GLH,

I live in Northern Illinois / Chicagoland . . is your Cafe coming to this region ? Or further south. Thanks. Just curious
Old 12-27-2003, 07:35 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Gentelmen lives in Antioch, IL and told me his marina is 40 miles North of Chicago. He must of driven thru Chicago today at some time. Real nice guy named Bob. He said he was getting it painted so might look very different on the lake next summer.
Attached Thumbnails 94 Top Gun speeds-thayer-beachc-ad.jpg  
Old 01-04-2004, 11:41 AM
Registered

I am running Hawk 550 blower motors....very mild set up with only 4psi boost and the most I saw on the speedo was 73 tops.....
Attached Thumbnails 94 Top Gun speeds-bad-ones-1.jpg  

Last edited by Spitfire1; 01-04-2004 at 11:49 AM.
Old 01-04-2004, 02:29 PM
Registered

I'm looking at few 96&97 topguns that are kevlar lipship editions w/ cover girl cabins, what speeds could I expect w/ 502 415's and 600 sc's? Guy says 80-85mph w/ 600's, seems a bit high. Also how do these lighter TG's ride copmpared too heavier guns?
Old 01-04-2004, 03:00 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

We went out in a 96 kevlar TG, covergirl cabin, with 600 ZUL's. At 4300 RPM's we were running 73 MPH while burning 45 gallons per engine on the fuel flow meters.

LS JR.
Old 01-04-2004, 04:19 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

After testing quite a few Cigs, and I do mean quite a few, most of the Bravo big engine boats seem to porpoise badly when you trim them at all. They say its due to the engines being back a foot being compared to a TRS boat. Running constantly with your tabs down isn't the best way to go fast. Hopefully on the newer model T/S with bravo's they've corrected that problem. Didn't buy a Bravo boat because of it. Didn't want to spend the money for a late model T/S. Life is a compromise, but the TRS boat handles much better.

When we looked for an older 38' Gun and we decided Carbon Fiber or Kevlar was the only way to go. Our Carbon Fiber boat runs 6-7 MPH faster than a fiberglass boat with equal power. We have proved that a few times. So go light if you want to go faster. The less weight your toating around the faster you go.

LS
Old 01-05-2004, 08:59 PM
Warped & Twisted Member
Platinum Member

Thumbs up

Originally posted by GLH
Gentelmen lives in Antioch, IL and told me his marina is 40 miles North of Chicago. He must of driven thru Chicago today at some time. Real nice guy named Bob. He said he was getting it painted so might look very different on the lake next summer.
Cool.

I reside in/on Fox Lake IL, which is just south of Antioch IL. I imagine that I will be seeing this Cafe on either the Chain O Lakes where I/we live, or out on Lake Michigan.
Old 01-05-2004, 09:04 PM
Warped & Twisted Member
Platinum Member

Originally posted by lucky strike
Our Carbon Fiber boat runs 6-7 MPH faster than a fiberglass boat with equal power. We have proved that a few times.
Interesting. Craig told me that Carbon Fiber boats where about 400 pounds lighter than the normal FG boats. Unfortunately, since I never weighed my '91 Carbon Fiber Cafe', I cant clarify.
Old 01-06-2004, 03:13 AM
Registered

Is there a difference between carbon fiber and kevlar?
Old 01-06-2004, 09:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by lucky strike
After testing quite a few Cigs, and I do mean quite a few, most of the Bravo big engine boats seem to porpoise badly when you trim them at all. They say its due to the engines being back a foot being compared to a TRS boat. Running constantly with your tabs down isn't the best way to go fast. Hopefully on the newer model T/S with bravo's they've corrected that problem. Didn't buy a Bravo boat because of it. Didn't want to spend the money for a late model T/S. Life is a compromise, but the TRS boat handles much better.

When we looked for an older 38' Gun and we decided Carbon Fiber or Kevlar was the only way to go. Our Carbon Fiber boat runs 6-7 MPH faster than a fiberglass boat with equal power. We have proved that a few times. So go light if you want to go faster. The less weight your toating around the faster you go.

LS

Our T/S with Bravo's does not porpoise at all.

Quick Reply: 94 Top Gun speeds

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.