Bravos and new TS Top Guns >

Bravos and new TS Top Guns

Notices

Bravos and new TS Top Guns

Old 07-08-2004, 10:37 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Bravos and new TS Top Guns

from my exp. they only porp when the water is FLAT...which they werent designed for
Old 07-08-2004, 03:39 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Spitfire1
I had B & M 250 blowers on the Hawks putting out about 4 psi of boost....granted a pretty low output....but never had any problems and the engines were fairly high time......
That is a nice looking engine room Rich!
I forgot to mention the Merlin heads on my buddies boat, plus he is a little hard on the equiptment. Full throttle from the tip of Sandy Hook to the Barnegat Lighthouse in 3-4ft seas, something has got to give and it was the bravos. The Top Gun puts out a nice ride. How does the ride compare to the Gladiator?

Last edited by CigaretteFirefox; 07-08-2004 at 10:04 PM.
Old 07-08-2004, 04:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CigaretteFirefox
That is a nice looking engine room Rich!
I forgot to mention the Merlin heads on my buddies boat, plus he is a little hard on the equiptment. Full throttle from the tip of Sany Hook to the Barnegat Lighthouse in 3-4ft seas, something has got to give and it was the bravos. The Top Gun puts out a nice ride. How does the ride compare to the Gladiator?

This is my third season with our 2001 T/S Gun with 500 EFI's and XR's. I have broken one drive and it was probably due to the weakness of the stock top cap. Teague replace the drive and put Billet top caps on both and I have not had a problem since.

The funny thing was is when the drive let go the water was absolutely flat, which is rare for the Pacific Ocean in the afternoon. I was running along about 80 mph and it locked up. The top cap was mostly missing with just a few pieces being held on by the bolts.

Other than this one time the boat has never broken. Which is a first for all the boat I have owned. I batter knock on some wood.
Old 07-08-2004, 06:39 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Havasu Cig
This is my third season with our 2001 T/S Gun with 500 EFI's and XR's. I have broken one drive and it was probably due to the weakness of the stock top cap. Teague replace the drive and put Billet top caps on both and I have not had a problem since.

The funny thing was is when the drive let go the water was absolutely flat, which is rare for the Pacific Ocean in the afternoon. I was running along about 80 mph and it locked up. The top cap was mostly missing with just a few pieces being held on by the bolts.

Other than this one time the boat has never broken. Which is a first for all the boat I have owned. I batter knock on some wood.
San Diego, Top Gun, Pacific Ocean.....Some guy's got it all!
Old 07-08-2004, 08:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by pm203
I have had several late model Topguns and they porpoise and ride awful unless you tab them and tuck in the drives.In certain rare conditions,they rode excellent without tabs,and I do mean rare.Ask Philly and he will tell you there is no comparison to a T/S.
I guess my question would be, if they rode so badly, why did you own more than one of them?
Old 07-09-2004, 08:50 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Cuda,

When I bought my first Topgun,I had no idea nor did I care.All I cared about was the fact I was finally getting my Cigarette.My last Topgun was a half-cabin,vacuum-bagged boat that did 80 with 500efis and rode alot better,but still required tabs and tucking in the drives for a smooth ride.After riding in countless t/s Cigs,I decided it was time,and traded for a new Gladiator.I will tell you that it was still worth owning these boats.Did they require more talent to drive for a better ride?You bet,but on a limited budget,all I could afford at the time was a used Cigarette,and any Cigarette is a pleasure to own,operate and show.
Old 07-09-2004, 09:17 AM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

PM,

What year/power/drives (well ovb. bravo drives) was your first Top Gun?

LS JR.
Old 07-09-2004, 10:07 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

First was a 96 with 502efi and Bravos,second was a 98 500hp and bravos,third was 00 with 500efis and bravos.The 2000 definitely was the best of the bunch.The 96 was awful.
Old 07-09-2004, 12:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by CigaretteFirefox
San Diego, Top Gun, Pacific Ocean.....Some guy's got it all!
Can't say I have it bad here in SD. I traveled alot in the Military, and love the place even more now. If I ever move it will be farther West (Hawaii).
Old 07-09-2004, 12:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by pm203
First was a 96 with 502efi and Bravos,second was a 98 500hp and bravos,third was 00 with 500efis and bravos.The 2000 definitely was the best of the bunch.The 96 was awful.

What was the top speed of the 96?

Quick Reply: Bravos and new TS Top Guns

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.