Bravos and new TS Top Guns

Notices

Bravos and new TS Top Guns

Old 07-12-2004, 04:44 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts
Default Re: Bravos and new TS Top Guns

Originally Posted by cigarette1
Sorry to hear about G's problems ... I hope it's not serious.

We didn't go to the Barefoot Saturday. I was in the bay cruising "Big Chubby" ... funny, I got a call at the hotel from the owner asking me to bring the Big Chubby over to Seaside Village to pick him and the group who went by taxi to tour the Midway. It was cool putting around until they finished their lunch.

The ride home Sunday was , ahhh-hmmm , kinda big .... everyone made it back safe and sound ... no breakdowns.

Question - What would a lunch run to Oceanside Harbor be like? Any docks to use for a couple of hours?

G
'Big Chubby" lol, whats that?

LS JR.
Old 07-12-2004, 07:23 PM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lucky strike
'Big Chubby" lol, whats that?

LS JR.
The Big Chubby

... is for real

Last edited by cigarette1; 07-12-2004 at 07:25 PM.
Old 07-12-2004, 07:34 PM
Registered

Sounds like you guys had a good time. I saw the Midway for the first time on the water, and it looks awesome, we will have to do the tour.

O'side is a small harbor and dock space is limited, but there are guest docks in front of the Jolly Roger. When you enter the harbor make a left and the Jolly Roger will be right in front of you. There is probably enough dock space for about 4 boats and you might be able to side tie as well. There are guest slips on the same dock, but you have to pay the Harbor Master to dock in these. Talk to you later.

Chris
Old 07-12-2004, 07:48 PM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

We don't mind paying the Dockmaster as long as there is somewhere to dock after running that far.

You can't help but have a good time when characters like this show up for the party

Poolside
Old 07-12-2004, 08:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cigarette1
We don't mind paying the Dockmaster as long as there is somewhere to dock after running that far.

You can't help but have a good time when characters like this show up for the party

Poolside
Your a real character G!!!

LS JR.
Old 07-12-2004, 08:28 PM
Registered

Looks like a mean crew.

BTW: the slips at O'side are 30 bucks a day and that gets you the slip until 11:00 the next day. The Harbor Master Office will be right in front of you as you pull in the harbor, across the street from the Harbor Patrol boats. Let me know if you guys are running down
Old 07-13-2004, 01:23 PM
Registered

Received 3,281 Likes on 1,060 Posts

Originally Posted by pm203
The 96 was awful.
Aweful how? Porpoise? Or.....?

I hear it's the Cafe's that Poroise bad. Though I've been a few Cafes and they all seem to run different for some reason.

Look at G's old cafe he ran that thing tabs up and drives out and it never seemed to porpoise. Schulte's old Cafe you need to keep both fingers on the tabs at all times while working the drives Larry was with us in havasu this weekend and his Cafe (BIG power and bravos) blew by us as we came back from the sand bar and that thinkg skimmed like a cat! Smooth!

Are the guns the same way? All handle diffent? Cig pulls them out late or early from the mold or doesn't sand them down enough or gets a hook it one or whatever and the "attitude" is changed???
Old 07-13-2004, 02:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by thisistank
Aweful how? Porpoise? Or.....?

I hear it's the Cafe's that Poroise bad. Though I've been a few Cafes and they all seem to run different for some reason.

Look at G's old cafe he ran that thing tabs up and drives out and it never seemed to porpoise. Schulte's old Cafe you need to keep both fingers on the tabs at all times while working the drives Larry was with us in havasu this weekend and his Cafe (BIG power and bravos) blew by us as we came back from the sand bar and that thinkg skimmed like a cat! Smooth!

Are the guns the same way? All handle diffent? Cig pulls them out late or early from the mold or doesn't sand them down enough or gets a hook it one or whatever and the "attitude" is changed???
Tank,

The majority of the bravo Guns porpoise because they took away the transmission, the motors are back further, and the center of gravity is knocked off. When the Top Gun came out it was made for a transmission.

The Top Gun stopped porpoising when the Twin Step bottom came out.

Hope this helps.
LS JR.
Old 07-18-2004, 11:15 AM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Someone made the point a few posts ago about porpoise depending on water conditions. Feel free to correct/elaborate/add your experinece, But it seems to me that a lot of the traditional 24* V bottom boats will tend to porpoise in glass calm water. As soon as you get into some good 1' chop, the porpoise tends to fade away.