Notices

Cig w/surface drives

Old 07-12-2005, 08:00 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Cig w/surface drives

Tony Adams, in his 382 Formula, took 2nd overall in the Catalina Ski Race this past weekend. Congrats!

It's the original set of drives, and the second season on them and the second Catalina Ski Race with them and no problems.
Old 07-16-2005, 06:15 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by TwinStepGun
Whew, old thread.

Zero Cavity was quickly switched back to conventional drives after trying the pulse application.

Jassman: I think there are some Hustlers that have surface drive applications.

Thanks, Ive been on one with a 38 Hustler, rather impressed, but only got up to 75mph. The Pulse is different than the Arneson. Every Go-Fast boat that I know of, (38PP,38Cig,43BT),has had problems with bow scrubbing speed off, tooooo bow heavy. Also the props are manufactured there and its like an act of congress trying to get results. Im not knocking the system, it's great for other applications, but not go-fasts.
Old 07-16-2005, 09:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have Pulse Drives on my Cafe. For years now. I will never own an outdrive again. Worked the props out and am getting 72-73 on the GPS with a pair of TMP 525's. Hell, I was running 68 with half tank of gas and 8 people on board!

Getting the bow up was an issue until we went to larger diameter props. This made it so I could trim the drive higher and it solved the problem. You would have the same issue with Arneson dragging the nose if the diameter is too small.

There was an old flat deck here in the VI years ago with Arenson. Never had a problem with bow lift, but then again that could have had something to do with the Cat Diesels it had in the back

Mongo
Old 07-18-2005, 10:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rice Hauler
I really do think that this is an idea whose time is coming .
Robert Shin
a.k.a. Rice Hauler
Formula had the idea 19 years ago, not Arneson's, but surface drives nonetheless.

The problem they had with the Kaama drives was when they first came out, you had to buy the Kaama engine package, which I believe in every single case, the engines blew, so it was a matter of guilt by association. People came to associate the Kaama's with bad. The last couple of years, the Kaama's came with Innovation engines, which ran, and still run great, but by then, it was too late to save the day.

The Innovation engines came with basically 454/420's and Gil exhaust. Mine are 19 years old.
Attached Thumbnails Cig w/surface drives-7-16-2005-033.jpg   Cig w/surface drives-p2220025.jpg  
Old 07-18-2005, 10:39 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 88 Likes on 36 Posts

Cuda,
Nice roostertail!!
Old 07-18-2005, 10:49 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cuda
Formula had the idea 19 years ago, not Arneson's, but surface drives nonetheless.

The problem they had with the Kaama drives was when they first came out, you had to buy the Kaama engine package, which I believe in every single case, the engines blew, so it was a matter of guilt by association. People came to associate the Kaama's with bad. The last couple of years, the Kaama's came with Innovation engines, which ran, and still run great, but by then, it was too late to save the day.

The Innovation engines came with basically 454/420's and Gil exhaust. Mine are 19 years old.

Hey Joe I know I've talked to you about the 303 here with Kaama's. The dude spun it on the test drive and scared the living chit out of himself, AND the dealer. Still bought the boat.
Old 07-18-2005, 11:37 PM
Banned

Hey Joe I know I've talked to you about the 303 here with Kaama's. The dude spun it on the test drive and scared the living chit out of himself, AND the dealer. Still bought the boat.
The only time my boat scared me was on my first poker run. I hadn't had it long, and wasn't used to the trim tabs. I ran a long way with the boat running at a steep angle on one side. I got out in the bay where I thought I had plenty of room, and lowered one tab. I was sitting on top of a wake going the same direction I was. When the tab went down, it made me turn starboard off the wake pretty damn sharply. I thought I was going to tbone a sailboat. Skeered the chit out of me. I figured out my boat is more tab sensitive as far as steering, because I have a lot less rudder surface area in the water. The previous owner told me to drop the tabs to get on a plane. I found that my boat will still get up on a plane with the tabs all the way up, and that's the way I leave them all the time. The only time I mess with the tabs, is if I accidently hit them instead of the trim buttons.
Old 07-18-2005, 11:39 PM
Banned

Brandon, do you have any pictures of the 303? What's in it for power?
Old 07-19-2005, 09:01 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cuda
Brandon, do you have any pictures of the 303? What's in it for power?

I don't have any pics of it unfortunately. It sits on a lift that I pass a few times a weekend so I'll remind myself to take a couple. It's solid white and I think it has 330's.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:57 PM
Banned

I don't have any pics of it unfortunately. It sits on a lift that I pass a few times a weekend so I'll remind myself to take a couple. It's solid white and I think it has 330's.
Thanks. Do you have any idea how fast it's running?

Quick Reply: Cig w/surface drives

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.