Notices

How many Cig 20's on OSO?

Old 02-07-2005, 01:56 PM
rws
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: How many Cig 20's on OSO?

Nasty,
Ernie and I were Persuaded by an unnamed Board member to utilize a Local Plastic Vendor that specializes in "Boat Windshields" To replace our Sun Crazed Original.The issue is That the center section of the windshield is not out of the same tint as the ends,because the Vendor lacked the expertise to do the job correctly the first time.
So both Ernie and Myself requested that He try again and I Made the Guy a radius form to bend the material around.Lets just say that 4 months and multiple phone calls a week later the replacements were done,but they don't match the center section tint is different.

Sorry to whine on this forum,but You had to ask.

Rob

Last edited by rws; 02-07-2005 at 02:52 PM.
Old 02-07-2005, 02:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, pretty much what Rob said.
Not particularly impressed with the out come (especially the first pass ) . Rob did go the extra mile and made a pretty cool pattern for the guy.
But the mis-matched tints was just lame , but in honesty, ya don't really notice it to bad because the 3-parts are seperated by those 2 - wide frame mounts.
Apparently that's why some people charge so much.....not as easy as they appear.

I doubt I will be using his services again.
Old 02-07-2005, 09:06 PM
JGB
Registered

welcome evan. I think to answer your question, It depends on how much coin you have to invest in the toy. Good Luck

Jim
Old 02-07-2005, 09:08 PM
JGB
Registered

and when i say "invest", it certainly is a bad choice of words.
Old 02-07-2005, 09:15 PM
JGB
Registered

that sux guys, I had a shop do mine for $350 the first time, Suffice it to say I got my money worths. IT didn't even look like the original I gave them. It had a lip on the top end like a donzi minx. They said they did it so it would look better. I think they didn't know how to replicate the bend. any how I asked ken who did his and he referred me to a shop in miami that did a bunch better but paid twice the orginal amount. I should of done it the right way the first time. (Ultima II in Hialeah, Fla. Talk to Gary or Leo, 305-821-3454).

Jim
Old 02-07-2005, 10:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JGB
and when i say "invest", it certainly is a bad choice of words.

"Throw at" would be more appropriate verbage.
Old 02-08-2005, 04:54 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JGB
that sux guys, I had a shop do mine for $350 the first time, Suffice it to say I got my money worths. IT didn't even look like the original I gave them. It had a lip on the top end like a donzi minx. They said they did it so it would look better. I think they didn't know how to replicate the bend. any how I asked ken who did his and he referred me to a shop in miami that did a bunch better but paid twice the orginal amount. I should of done it the right way the first time. (Ultima II in Hialeah, Fla. Talk to Gary or Leo, 305-821-3454).

Jim
Ultima has done a fair amount of work for me.. Great to work with, awesome work, not bad on the pricing...
Old 02-08-2005, 07:59 AM
Registered

Ernie,

Scott B is right on the money. Ultima did my new 3 pc windsheild. I sent him the old one to use as a template. I went from clear to tinted and it came out PERFECT. Cost $600 and worth every penny.

Ken
Attached Thumbnails How many Cig 20's on OSO?-top-view-corner-bend-windsheild.jpg   How many Cig 20's on OSO?-boat-dock-oct-04-1.jpg  
Old 02-08-2005, 08:36 AM
JGB
Registered

scott, the price was fair for sure considering the 350 initially was too good to be true. My windshield came out very nice! I woud'nt hesitate to use them again.

Jim
Old 02-08-2005, 08:49 AM
JGB
Registered

Originally Posted by cuda
"Throw at" would be more appropriate verbage.

Yahe Cuda, that's more like it.

Quick Reply: How many Cig 20's on OSO?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.