Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
What is the Real Story on 46 Strip Poker >

What is the Real Story on 46 Strip Poker

Notices

What is the Real Story on 46 Strip Poker

Old 01-31-2005, 01:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What is the Real Story on 46 Strip Poker

Thank You for the complement DoTheMath... Do you boat at Winni ? What do you run?
Old 01-31-2005, 01:55 PM

Thank you CMG for you reply noticed you live in Windam NH do you boat at Winni as well !!!
Old 01-31-2005, 02:50 PM
Registered

Received 3,307 Likes on 1,075 Posts

Originally Posted by geronimo
Thank you very much "thisistank" for the info... I am trying to find out the deal on the motors first and there condition a then i will need to tackle the Noise issue... I have 575sci's now ans they are really loud... Knock on wood I have been able to avoid the Marine Patrol so far but not for long... I really dont want to have a $600k buoy parked at my dock...

You guys have been great !!!

Thanks
Geronimo
I specifically asked him about a friend of mine who has the HUGE exhaust pipes out the back, they are the 6" round CMI's w/the gatlin style muffler. The gatlins do little to lesson the sound, you can hear his Tiger from a mile away (no exagerating). Gibson said he would need to cut the gatlins out prior to the transom and run some of his style mufflers through (still using 6" pipes). This system will get noise under 89dBA's. Gibson said he's still working on the "removable" style mufflers for large displacement motors but the built in permanent ones work well....Just cant uncork them if you wanted. It sounds like on your lake though you'd never want them uncorked or the nature nazi's will be all over you!

Check Gibson's site and give him a call. He's super cool and will work with you on whatever you need. He understands your needs due to the fact he's running a really nice MTI with some big power and boats in Havasu alot....They (havasu) are going to start cracking down on noise this year.

Last edited by thisistank; 01-31-2005 at 02:53 PM.
Old 01-31-2005, 03:06 PM
45 Lip Ship / 900 Zul's
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You are correct pm203 GERONIMO it is the old UPROAR but lovingly restored to like new... I am a maintenance and detail freak... Had every nic,bump,chip removed and repainted as new then put 8 new coats of Clear on deck and hull...
Geronimo
How do you like the old uproar.
A buddy of mine is the old owner of that boat. I been on a few poker runs in that boat. It is a sweet ride.

Rick OSG
Old 01-31-2005, 03:16 PM

I love the boat ! It has been Rock Solid since I have had it... I had a vibration in one of the drives and pulled them both and put new ones one and have a spare rebuilt ready to bolt on... The XR's are great drives but the boat is still real heavy... The boat was pristine when it arrived but I found a whole bunch of little things to do to get it just right...

Thanks for asking !!!
Old 01-31-2005, 06:56 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Cigarette is using the HPI mufflers and they work great.Mike Fiore used them on a Outerlimits with 1400,s and they were quiet enough where he did not get bothered.Also was suprised at how much speed and power he did NOT lose while using them.
Old 01-31-2005, 07:28 PM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you CMG for you reply noticed you live in Windam NH do you boat at Winni as well !!!
I'm a part timer laker - most of time out of Newburyport. Plan on leaving in Moltonborough more this year.....if it ever melts