Post your Oldschool ride! >

Post your Oldschool ride!

Notices

Post your Oldschool ride!

Old 05-25-2012, 11:01 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by VideoFrank
Thanks Sprink.. going out for the first time in the AM (St Lucie Inlet)... curious to see how it does speed wise /sea handling wise
Well I can tell you from personal experience that it's a wave crusher. I have the same boat in the long deck Liberator model with twin SBC's which is now going through re-fit and re-power.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/f...or-update.html

Our hulls come from a family of offshore race heritage...Don Arronow's 24 deg dead rise deep vee.

As for speed I'm guessing low to mid 40's with the single. You can trim out nicely at about 30~35 and run comfortably in just about anything.

Watch the swells from that storm that just passed...especially running the inlet on an out going tide. Should be a good weekend for us down here
though.

Once I get mine back together I'll run up that way...maybe we can hook up...I would love to see that old Freedom Cruiser.

Last edited by sprink58; 05-25-2012 at 11:04 PM.
Old 05-26-2012, 07:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sprink58
Well I can tell you from personal experience that it's a wave crusher. I have the same boat in the long deck Liberator model with twin SBC's which is now going through re-fit and re-power.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/f...or-update.html

Our hulls come from a family of offshore race heritage...Don Arronow's 24 deg dead rise deep vee.

As for speed I'm guessing low to mid 40's with the single. You can trim out nicely at about 30~35 and run comfortably in just about anything.

Watch the swells from that storm that just passed...especially running the inlet on an out going tide. Should be a good weekend for us down here
though.

Once I get mine back together I'll run up that way...maybe we can hook up...I would love to see that old Freedom Cruiser.
Sounds great Sprink... I plan on going out of Boyton and drift all the back back to SLI. (swordfishing). Maybe in 3-4 week or so.
Best
Frank
Old 05-26-2012, 10:22 AM
Registered

Updated pics of my 1980 Scarab II
Old 05-28-2012, 03:11 PM
Registered

Default my old school ride... 85 BRT 24ft

Old 05-28-2012, 04:21 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by flyinlow
Updated pics of my 1980 Scarab II
WOW!!! That's beautiful!!
Old 05-28-2012, 11:03 PM
Registered

Default New "Old School" Nordic 26

Just picked up this mint 1985 Nordic 26 which only has 200 hrs and just came out of 17 years storage from a one owner. Just some pics with the rear seat removed and getting it ready for summer.

Old 05-28-2012, 11:30 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bigbadbk24
nice.
Old 05-28-2012, 11:49 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 294 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by zgoo
Just picked up this mint 1985 Nordic 26 which only has 200 hrs and just came out of 17 years storage from a one owner. Just some pics with the rear seat removed and getting it ready for summer.
nice find!, i had one almost exactly like that (set up wise anyway). Mine had the SBC/Volvo 280 and was yellow with the simulated wood grain in the inserts. Had a slightly different front windscreen but otherwise just like that. Mine was an Omega but they were built under a million names lol
Attached Thumbnails Post your Oldschool ride!-omega2.jpg   Post your Oldschool ride!-omega.jpg  
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 05-29-2012, 09:16 AM
Registered

Received 1,905 Likes on 743 Posts
Default Absolutely....

Originally Posted by zgoo

STUNNING! Would love to see that thing in person. One of the best west coast builders ever.
Dave, how did the glass work on your Omega compare to a Nordic?
Old 05-29-2012, 12:32 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 294 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by Twin O/B Sonic
Dave, how did the glass work on your Omega compare to a Nordic?
It was horrible, the stringers were just draped over with a bunch of old roving and all the floor panels were only tabbed and brush coated (all rotted big time). I got it cheap and to be honest daycruisers are way easy to rebuild, as far as super structure its all open. I went at it with a sawzall and had it gutted in a couple hours. The whole thing took maybe a week to do. The gel on mine was real nice and all original plus it was a pretty good looking boat, it was fine when i was still boating on the river but when i moved out to the lake i traded up to a deep V. This thing was fun but a rough ride'in sob lol. I only call it an Omega because it was the only other one i saw that was exactly mine was listed as an Omega. Truth is mine was titled as Oregon Kayak Co. or something like that and it was the proper title for the boat with the original HIN still there as well as a tag under one of the gunnels. Odd deal but i guess these were built by many different companies.

zgoo's got himself a nice little time capsule there. you need a prop for that? i got a brand new one you can have if you pay the shipping. Not sure what it is but i picked it up for a spare and will never need it. Careful with the props jam nut on shaft, they really like being torqued only a certain way. Also if you want to add ten mph real easy swap the lower out for a Duo-Prop.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Last edited by glassdave; 05-29-2012 at 12:46 PM.

Quick Reply: Post your Oldschool ride!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.