Post your Oldschool ride!

Notices

Post your Oldschool ride!

Old 02-07-2013, 06:26 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Sunrocket24
That's a sweet ride! Do you still have it?
Thanks for the compliment. Yes I still have the Donzi along with two 27' Magnums & a 24' twin engine Cobra. I had the Donzi @ last years old school reunion on Lake St Clair, here are a few pic's from it.
Attached Thumbnails Post your Oldschool ride!-old-school-lsc2012%252001.jpg   Post your Oldschool ride!-donzi-lsc2012%252.jpg   Post your Oldschool ride!-donzi-old-school-2012.jpg  

Old 02-07-2013, 07:47 PM
Registered

Received 1,905 Likes on 743 Posts
Default How about ...

Originally Posted by Somethin' Sexy
Does anbody have any pictures of a Sonic 24 with I/O's.

I used to ride with a guy way back when 1978-82, on Lake Erie. His was a 1978 w/twin merc 260's, "Tough Enough", great boat.
an O/B?

On the I/O's...., very rare boats. I've had two twin O/B 24's and never seen an I/O boat in person. Have seen 2 or 3 for sale over the yrs but never live.
Was one for sale in northern Ohio a few yrs back that looked great in the pix's but same deal on not actually viewing it.
I sent the owner an e asking how he liked it w/the I/O's but never heard back.
Here's both of mine.

#1.

#2.

Also, Gorgeous Panther and Donzi.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:00 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by h2oboater
Thanks for the compliment. Yes I still have the Donzi along with two 27' Magnums & a 24' twin engine Cobra. I had the Donzi @ last years old school reunion on Lake St Clair, here are a few pic's from it.
That's so cool! I missed that event I was out of town, wish I was there! Got pics of the Magnums?
Old 02-07-2013, 11:46 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Sunrocket24
That's so cool! I missed that event I was out of town, wish I was there! Got pics of the Magnums?
One of the Magnums is a sedan that I pick up a few years ago that's needs a set of engines & interior, but that will wait till next year. The Sport came from Florida & was totally taken apart, painted, new interior, engines, and rebuilt gimbals, drives, & chrome. This one will be done by spring. Here a few pic's of the sedan & the sports new paint, graphics, & interior. I'm restoring it as it would have looked back in the 70's. It's now in my friends warehouse for the winter being reassembled.
Attached Thumbnails Post your Oldschool ride!-mag-sedan-miss-b.jpg   Post your Oldschool ride!-dsc04679.jpg   Post your Oldschool ride!-mag-resto-fall-2011-023.jpg  

Post your Oldschool ride!-mag-resto-fall-2011-022.jpg   Post your Oldschool ride!-dsc04685.jpg   Post your Oldschool ride!-dsc04686.jpg  

Post your Oldschool ride!-mag-int-new.jpg  
Old 02-08-2013, 07:00 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

One of the Magnums is a sedan that I pick up a few years ago that's needs a set of engines & interior, but that will wait till next year. The Sport came from Florida & was totally taken apart, painted, new interior, engines, and rebuilt gimbals, drives, & chrome. This one will be done by spring. Here a few pic's of the sedan & the sports new paint, graphics, & interior. I'm restoring it as it would have looked back in the 70's. It's now in my friends warehouse for the winter being reassembled.
That is a sweet pair of Magnums! Great work! I like the period correct restoration!
Old 02-08-2013, 10:06 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Twin O/B Sonic
an O/B?

On the I/O's...., very rare boats. I've had two twin O/B 24's and never seen an I/O boat in person. Have seen 2 or 3 for sale over the yrs but never live.
Was one for sale in northern Ohio a few yrs back that looked great in the pix's but same deal on not actually viewing it.
I sent the owner an e asking how he liked it w/the I/O's but never heard back.
Here's both of mine.

#1.

#2.

Also, Gorgeous Panther and Donzi.
Super nice rides, I would love to find one and redo it. Northern Ohio, it was probably the same boat, however the original owner died in 88, his wife and I were trying to put a deal together on it but the broker she had it listed with took another deal on it. He had redid the entire boat, changing the orignal dark blue hull to a red and white design and added an arch.

Last edited by Somethin' Sexy; 02-08-2013 at 10:08 AM. Reason: mispelling
Old 02-08-2013, 10:15 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by state1310
that scarab looks awesome , but like me you went from a wellcraft to kick**s AT !!
I actually went from Scarab to married to cruiser. Lost the cruiser in hurricane Ike, and traded the wife in on the Active Thunder. I definitely won on that deal.

The AT is an awesome boat, twin 500's with xr drives. 83 mph with 6 people and half full of fuel, turning labbed 30's.

Currently looking at bumping the 500's to 625 each. should run in the low 90's.

Last edited by Somethin' Sexy; 02-08-2013 at 10:25 AM. Reason: bad typing
Old 02-08-2013, 01:09 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Mark,

The Sport is looking very good, Nice job on restoring it back to its glory days

Thank you
Jim
Old 02-08-2013, 09:41 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Twin o/b I can finally add some insight to this thread. I feel honored lol. A girl I used to date Afew years ago dad had a 24 sonic I/o with a built 496 and a Trs. It had a 454 Trs from the factory I'm guessing I never thought to ask him. We rode on it a fair bit that summer and after he learned I could be trusted I ran the boat pretty often once he kicked Afew back. It ran very well. Was heavy enough to cut the waves nice and handled like it was slightly larger. It even had the life line that ran up the bow. I think it was an 82-83 maybe? Don't hold me to that. I wish I had some pictures from that summer. I can get you some drive by pics of it but I don't think it's moved in 2 years. He had went through Afew motors for it in a short period of time. That summer with limited prop testing and roughly 525-550 hp it ran a best of 77 but he didn't have hydraulic steering yet and it was a handful. Sorry for the long winded response.

Last edited by mickeymcclgn; 02-08-2013 at 09:44 PM.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Somethin' Sexy
I actually went from Scarab to married to cruiser. Lost the cruiser in hurricane Ike, and traded the wife in on the Active Thunder. I definitely won on that deal.

The AT is an awesome boat, twin 500's with xr drives. 83 mph with 6 people and half full of fuel, turning labbed 30's.

Currently looking at bumping the 500's to 625 each. should run in the low 90's.
wife for AT ..... definately a good deal !!!!

Quick Reply: Post your Oldschool ride!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.