Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Classic Offshore
Post your Oldschool ride! >

Post your Oldschool ride!

Notices

Post your Oldschool ride!

Old 09-04-2013, 04:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how did you guys paint the magnum and mirage..
Old 09-04-2013, 09:37 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by quicklt1
I did all the work in my driveway outside. It took all last summer [2012] stripping the deck & bottom with a 1" scrapper & lots of 220 sand paper. I than painted my Magnum outside with PPG single stage that Glass Dave recommended.
Attached Thumbnails Post your Oldschool ride!-dsc04428.jpg   Post your Oldschool ride!-mag-deck-493.jpg   Post your Oldschool ride!-mag-paint.jpg  

Post your Oldschool ride!-mag-p-10.jpg   Post your Oldschool ride!-mag-p-14.jpg   Post your Oldschool ride!-dsc04678.jpg  

Old 09-04-2013, 09:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's old but not exactly old school. I'm in the process of redoing the interior with updates (it still had the original 1989 interior even though it was repainted)

picked it up with trailer for 3k. Had a 502 and bravo installed in it but the interior was trashed and the engine hurt

can see the old worn out interior.....

and that was one of the reasons I got it so cheap. Mains and cam looked gorgeous, still had crosshatching in the bores, just 1 and 2 rod bearing spun. I still put a full 540 stroker setup on it though.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:23 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

630 on the Tylers Ruby dyno........With a new set of Mercury Racing lab wheels sharp to the touch she did 85.2
Old 09-05-2013, 08:29 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

[QUOTE=J-Bonz;3988145]
Originally Posted by topprop

Love the interior!! Talk about period correct!
Larry did the bolster....it's all cut strips sewn together just like the old days, in addition to that we were able to find a foam with the tuck and roll pattern to make it really look great. btw they are so,so comfortable!
Old 09-05-2013, 08:34 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by quicklt1
Steve West painted the Mirage. He is really an artist. The deck and gunwales were air filed and painted with Imron with multiple coats of clear.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:37 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by h2oboater
Hard to top Joe's Wolverine but I did this Magnum Sport on on a budget. Big Wave Dave & Cherie were not in the budget. Thanks Bob [reliable one] for the new tee shirt, with the cost of the Mag I needed one.
Hey man don't forget Dick Smith did the heavy lifting on the Wolverine project. I love your Mag and looks to good to be considered a "budget job".....btw when can I get a ride and take you for one? Give me a call.
'
Old 09-05-2013, 08:46 AM
Lee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 31 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by topprop
Steve West painted the Mirage. He is really an artist. The deck and gunwales were air filed and painted with Imron with multiple coats of clear.
Joe, you guy's went over the top on that Mirage.....Beautiful!!!!!

Steve West painted my 24' Sunsation Rocket I had back in 1993, it still looks perfect 20yrs later. Great person to do business with.
Old 09-05-2013, 09:01 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Lee
Joe, you guy's went over the top on that Mirage.....Beautiful!!!!!

Steve West painted my 24' Sunsation Rocket I had back in 1993, it still looks perfect 20yrs later. Great person to do business with.
Steve did some work on my Bertram Comp and he is the best person I've met for that kind of project. He not only painted the boat but made the hatches and fairing as well. He also did a lot of design, it was his idea to do the hardware in black powder coat and he even refinished all the teak with 20 coats of epoxy varnish. His prices are as high as his quality of work however he gives all his work a lifetime guarantee. As a matter of fact he is dissatisfied with how the deck turned out and is redoing it this winter without charge......who treats you better than that?

I would recommend Steve to anyone that wants a perfect job and can pay for it.

Last edited by topprop; 09-05-2013 at 09:08 AM.
Old 09-05-2013, 09:04 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Katanna
Stop posting the pics of Wolverine, i cant take it! I grew up across the canal from the silver streak boats. Love the lines. Missed purchasing the lil abner by a few weeks. Their is one on my bucket list. Beautiful job on the resto.
Steve
Did you see the white Mirage on Jefferson between 9 & 10 mile? Also Paul Smith's Mirage 50/50 is for sale in Harrison Township....if your still looking?

Quick Reply: Post your Oldschool ride!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.