Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Classic Offshore
What happened to all the TIN boats?? >

What happened to all the TIN boats??

Notices

What happened to all the TIN boats??

Old 03-20-2007, 12:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those constrution photos of the alloy boats are amazing. Those things are works of art!
Old 04-01-2007, 08:32 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Could this be one of your's Pete with a modified deck?

The boat is in Holland.
Attached Thumbnails What happened to all the TIN boats??-315.jpg   What happened to all the TIN boats??-377.jpg   What happened to all the TIN boats??-546.jpg  

Old 04-02-2007, 03:13 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Starflite X

The boat is in Holland.
Not a Cougar Ben
Old 04-02-2007, 08:52 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Great Stain History. I saw one of the retired cats in Genoa,Italy a year or so ago while at the Boat Show, I'll have to dig up the photos.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:46 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Starflite X

The boat is in Holland.
What the heck IS that?
Old 04-02-2007, 07:12 PM
Registered

No idea. It was on a poker run in Holland and it was described as an Apache!
Old 04-02-2007, 09:43 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by CIG3
Great Stain History. I saw one of the retired cats in Genoa,Italy a year or so ago while at the Boat Show, I'll have to dig up the photos.
Genoa, Italy Andy?!?......you take a wrong turn off the Ohio turnpike? Sounds like an international incident in the making! Let's see some pix. bWd
Old 04-05-2007, 02:55 AM
Registered

Dutch Poker

That poker run boat looks like a italian welding, probably last Piciotti before the CUV boats.......I workes for Fausto and Achilli and that work is NOT Stain................
Stain built great boats but work was poor all boats needed rebuilding after every race........
As for Babycresci, after Origund sinking, Cougar and Simon Wood-Power did the most incredible work to get her completely re-built for the C/T/C in '87.
Baby was way out front at Portland Bill on her way to Torquay when Damiano Spelta with brit navigator (OOD for the C/T/C )rolled over pushing to fast and Baby turned back and helped rescue the crew............They eventually arrived 4th in Torquay.
Silvio Murcia in the Stain Apache no8 won the leg, the only time it did anything.
The Conquest of Fruitier (Rocky) won overall with Annabella 2nd......Third was Divin the Chris Craft cat with 3 merc outboards only 14 secs behind wining Class 2 best race I ever did !!!!!!! better than the worlds we won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Babycresci led ALL 3 races in Key West.........Last race was most painful ever (broke leg, ankles and hirline on rt hip on start line.....................if you want full story happy to bore you all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-05-2007, 03:01 AM
Registered

Default Wanted

If anyone knows of an old Piccotti or CUV for sale at bargain price let me know want to run it in next year Round Britain, or even one of our old B T cigarettes.......................HELP.. if not for me Littlenige wants to be a passenger.....................
Old 04-05-2007, 04:35 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tim B-C
If anyone knows of an old Piccotti or CUV for sale at bargain price let me know want to run it in next year Round Britain, or even one of our old B T cigarettes.......................HELP.. if not for me Littlenige wants to be a passenger.....................
Tim B-C,in Viareggio there are three old CUV mono,two 38(one maybe was the old Miura) and a 40' Thuraya(old Sun International/SDA/Cigna).
I think are for sale.
Look the images that I posted in this thread.

Quick Reply: What happened to all the TIN boats??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.