What happened to all the TIN boats??

Old 04-05-2007, 05:00 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cuv

Hi Marco,
thank you for that.
Do you know who has them for sale?
Adriano said he was not selling Thuraya?/ Has that changed?
Was thinking of putting in diesels,economy in old age..............
I am waiting for Bruno Abatte to call back he had (past) Zodo's Snowhite and another at Grandolla along with BlackTornado/rothmans/Imter Scavi just lying out the back along with the mighty G de G !!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-05-2007, 05:14 AM
Registered

Default Sam Griffiths

In '98 I found Blue Moppie which Sam sold to John Willment, at the back of his boat yard in Southampton.
The hull and deck although in two pieces was in great condition and his daughter Janet gave it to the Motor Boat Museum in Basildon Essex UK.
Last time I saw it it was full of water at an odd angle........No funds or room to rebuild her............................
My fellow brits realy have no respect for history boats or buildings or heritage,
Bring back flogging hanging and fox hunting I say............
Old 04-05-2007, 06:27 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tim B-C
Hi Marco,
thank you for that.
Do you know who has them for sale?
Adriano said he was not selling Thuraya?/ Has that changed?
Was thinking of putting in diesels,economy in old age..............
I am waiting for Bruno Abatte to call back he had (past) Zodo's Snowhite and another at Grandolla along with BlackTornado/rothmans/Imter Scavi just lying out the back along with the mighty G de G !!!!!!!!!!!
I don't know if Thuraya and the others two 38' are really on sale.
I must to ask to Binautica that I think they have in cure that boats.
About the former Black Tornado Cig.36' you say that Abbate have it now?
Old 04-05-2007, 07:43 AM
Registered

Default Cig 36

I meant he did have it..
He had it as a trade in..
When we stripped it down to take of old paint etc we found the first Della Valle boat, so knowing he had bought one of V B old boats I kept going right down.
Then I came to the base colours and on the port bow under the toe rail it was numbered plus VB italy and instructions for rigging and painting!!!!!
I then rigged it for Franco Rosseti from Ravenna.
Unfortunately the engines fitted were a pair of mercruisers re-built by France Statua, No head gasgets just expanding foam..................... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bruno then got a pair from Zodo and we picked them up beautifully re-built from Turino...........and they were faulty in the end after several pairs including dytona boxes which were also faulty F R gave up and never got to race..The boat did turn out at Genoa but despite yet another pair of engines these also blown head gaskets.............
the boat was then put on its side including engines in the field behing the factory in Grandola...
Old 04-05-2007, 08:35 AM
Registered

I meant he did have it..
He had it as a trade in..
When we stripped it down to take of old paint etc we found the first Della Valle boat, so knowing he had bought one of V B old boats I kept going right down.
Then I came to the base colours and on the port bow under the toe rail it was numbered plus VB italy and instructions for rigging and painting!!!!!
I then rigged it for Franco Rosseti from Ravenna.
Unfortunately the engines fitted were a pair of mercruisers re-built by France Statua, No head gasgets just expanding foam..................... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bruno then got a pair from Zodo and we picked them up beautifully re-built from Turino...........and they were faulty in the end after several pairs including dytona boxes which were also faulty F R gave up and never got to race..The boat did turn out at Genoa but despite yet another pair of engines these also blown head gaskets.............
the boat was then put on its side including engines in the field behing the factory in Grandola...
Interesting story.I think that you are right.
Do you remember that number was written?
Old 04-05-2007, 08:51 AM
Registered

Default n##

I realy can't remember but I know after C/T/C in 69 V B ordered 5 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cash
He had 3 in europe 1 in USA and one in S America.
Plus Don's original "The Cigarette" which Francisco ran. He missed Poole due to race being delayed 24hrs as he had to be back in in Italy and couldn't stay another day.
V B was very bad in '70 because Don P had left and F C had signed Mike Vandenberg who was a great rigger/throttle/mecanic. and V B told me B M would not sign with him.
Think that Don had a very special bond with V B, somewhere I have a pic of the 3 of us to-gether in '68 we had to stand V B on a box to get him in the shot.
Last I heard V B was very ill, with I believe altziemers as has my father..... I haven't heard from Alex B for a few years when I sent him a load of photos.
What has happened to "Delta Synthesis"?? I heard it was for sale but couldn't find out anything..................
Old 04-05-2007, 08:52 AM
Registered

Default Cosentino

I know Francesco kept all his boats, wonder where they all are now??
Old 04-05-2007, 09:03 AM
Registered

I know Francesco kept all his boats, wonder where they all are now??
The CUV 38' Alitalia Uno,World Champ in 1978 would have to be somewhere in Viareggio in a Maestrelli's shipyards.
Intermarine didn't have the cats designed by Mike Trimmings and the mould was destroyed.
The two Bertrams rigged and throttled by Vanderberg-Lewis and Mel Riggs are missing.
Great hear old story of two Italians World Champ!
Old 04-05-2007, 09:10 AM
Registered

Default Cuv

Do you have a contact at Maesterelli's? would love to have here as aproject and put back on the water, broke my ankle in her!! F C couldn't stop laughing, can't post on here what he said. How I miss him I think he had one of the greatest humours in Offshore............ a gentle giant.......a "Gentleman"
Old 04-05-2007, 09:33 AM
Registered

Default Bertrams

Were there 4 or 5?
Red/yellow/white/blue and?????????????
They were great boats but god how they hurt, used to drop of wave tops like and egg hitting the deck..................... The original 32' cig did the same......
The CUV's were evil at cornering, you thought they would never go then the did and you were all in each others laps, a real rib breaker, remember having Knockie house fall on me once.... big man

Quick Reply: What happened to all the TIN boats??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.